The Second Meet-Up

Little Thing Called L

 


This has been a tiring day. I need some sleep soon. I hate flights and jet-lag the most. My eye-bags are now competing with SeungRi's. I've been told that there are fans waiting for me outside so I took out my sunglasses to cover my tired eye. At least my fans shouldn't know how tiring these few weeks had been, they need to see that we're ok. The door opened and i walked straight to the van. A group of girls shouted my name in unison. "TAEYANG OPPA" and as always, i need to appreciate their willingness to wait for me in this late hour so I give them a quick smile and a wave. I wanted to do more but i am simply too tired. I dropped my onto the car seat.

Wait a minute? Was that who i think it is? It feels like i saw someone familiar among the crowd. It couldn't be, could it? I had to check. I popped my head back out to see whether it was my imagination or it's the truth. I scan through the faces of girls until i found the one that i was looking for. I found her. The face that i've been dreading to see for a whole month. The face that haunts my dream at night. It's her.

I smile at her, trying not to show her that my heart flutters like hummingbird's wings. She smiled back. Her smile reminds me of why i wanted to get to know her in the first place. Simply breathtaking. My body moves by itself before i can stop it. I get out of the car and walk to her. It feels like the world is only her when i fully aware the existance of the crowd. I stops a few meters in front of her. I couldn't risk getting too close to her. I dont trust myself.

"annyeong" is all i can say to her as my heart beats extremely fast and i might sound stupid if i say more words.

"annyeonghaseyo, TaeYang oppa" The crowd answered instead. Right, i forgot about them.

I look around the crowd and greets them. But not too long because my eyes can't seem to get away from her.

"annyeong, Cheryl" i tried to make myself more clearly now. I need her to know that she is the person that has my full attention.

"annyeong, TY" she answered coolly. I missed her. I didnt realise how much i miss her until now. Its amazing how minimal contact we've only had, and here I am longing for her like a person longing for water in a sahara dessert.

"what you doing here?" I asked her in english. I dont want the rest of the people understand our conversation. I want this about me and her only. I thought i would never see her again, and considering my last message to her and my rude behaviour of not telling her that my number changed, i dont blame her if she did. But here she stands among other fans waiting for me to come out. I want to grab her and hug her and say my gratitude. My thank you for searching for me when i was the one hiding.

"long story" she said as she shrugged her shoulders. She seems radiant in this warm wather. Her sleeveless dress flung perfectly on her figure. The beige color complements her skin tone and as always, her hair is flawlessly soft and shiny. I need to take her away from this crowd. I need her in private.

"well then tell me all about it on our way to the restaurant" I said grabbing her wrist trying to take her away from the crowd. But i can feel her hesitation. What, she doesnt want to? i can't help my dissapointment.

"I got my 2 eonnies with me" she said as if she heard my mental question. 2 girls next to her suddenly shifted closer to her. Ah, so she doesnt really rejected me, it's just that she felt that her eonnies need to come as well. No problem.

"do you guys wanna have dinner with me?" i asked them offering my smile that every girls had been raging about since our debut. I need to make them agreeing on this so i can spend more time with Cheryl. I can see they nods their heads. Great.

"lets go!" i am too happy that i think i pull Cheryl's wrist too hard that she pushed a littler forward. The guards around me are making a way for the girls to safely go to the car. I let them go first so i can properly say my gratitude and my farewell to the rest of the fans. I can see them wanting to take Cheryl's place.  Trust me, if i can choose what my heart wants, i'd rather have one of these girls in it instead of that girl that lives in the other side of the world. A girl in a pink top cried as she shouted "Na do! Na do!"  I pity her so i gave her my sincerest smile i could muster.

I follow the girls to the car and Cheryl's 2 eonnies already patiently sitting at the back row and Cheryl in the middle. They are really considerate. I bet they know that i want to be as close to Cheryl as possible.

"where are we going?" Cheryl asks. She is still the same no-bull kind of girl. One of the reason i fell for her.

I dont want the other girls feel like an outsider so i look at them and asked "have you girls had dinner?" and just as i assumed, they shake their heads from left to right.

"OK, lets have dinner at my favorite restaurant! ga ja!" i decided. I need to feel protected from the media if i want to be closer with Cheryl and i know the only place that offers me just that is at Dong-Wook hyung's restaurant. I tell the driver the address and the car shoots us across Seoul nighttime street.


The staff know me too well that when we arrived they quickly sets up a secluded room for me and my guests. I took the initiative to order because i can sense the nervousness of my guests. I too am extremely nervous but I need to man up and control the situation. After the ordering has been taken care of, i feel that i need to go out to take a breath to gather back my courage and call someone that i completely trust to help me with this sudden situation so i excuse myself to the bathroom.

As i go out, i take out my phone and search his name.

"yeobuseyo?" he answered after the third rings

"JiYong-ah. Help-Me" i let out a whisper. I dont want the girls to find out that i need some guidance in this matter.

"what's wrong?? please tell me you're fine" his voice turns into panic in an instant. We are all too nervous everytime we hear a news since Dae's incident. I feel sorry for him. It's my fault for phrasing my sentences in a way that alerts him.

"anniyo.. It's nothing like that. Didnt mean to make you worry. Miyanhae. Listen, shes here!"

"what? Whos here? Whos she?" JiYong still on his alert mode. He seems to be on high alert since the incident. Thats the pain of being a leader, i guess.

"cheryl. She's here. I met her infront of the office. Shes with her 2 eonnis and now i am having dinner with them!" I explained to him leaving some few details out. I'll tell him the full story when the situation is not this critical.

"what?!!!" He is as shocked as i was. "YoungBae-ah, what are you doing outside if you're with her?! There'll be media all over!!!" He shouted his concerns.

"i'm at Dong Wook hyung's. don't worry" i tried to calm him down.

"oh. Arrasso. What help do you need from me then?" JiYong seems to be more at ease now.

"i dont know. This all happened too fast. I need to straight my head. Tell me what i should do, bro" i practically begs for him to calm me down.

"aish.. Young Bae calm down! You'll be fine. Just be yourself and dont forget to breath" he truly is my brother. Just like that, i feel much better.

"how is she in Seoul anyway?" JiYong asks a question that myself havent had the answer.

"Molla. Listen, i gotta go. The girls might think i took a if i go e for too long"

"hahaha.. Ok ok. Ey take them to the studio if they're free! I want to see this girl in a flesh!" JiYong said.

"arrasso. I'll call you if we decide to go there" and i hung up the phone.

when i entered the room, i can hear one of Cheryl's sister is interogating her. It was SeungHee if im not mistaken. I took this chance to show my masculinity by answerring the questin for her.

" I can explain" i said and i see the 2 eonnnies stared at me in shock and Cheryl's face is in fear. I think shes worried of what i might say.

"It was back then when we had our concert in LA. SeungRi thought she was hot, invited her to our after party, and we've been friends since then" i answered simply to avoid any misunderstanding and any possible scandal. But i guess i was wrong. SeungHee seems to bore her stare deeper into Cheryl and Cheryl seems to be trying to avoid her gaze. The girl called HyeMi seems oblivious though. She keeps checking me out from underneatht her thick lashes.

"I never knew you're a fan of BigBang, Chae" SeungHee said. Who's she calling Chae?

"i wasn't. Only starting early this year because of Ssae, eonni.." i can feel her voice shaken a little bit. I guess she feels bad that she didn't tell her cousin about us. So, they call Cheryl, Chae?

"Chae?" I asked Cheryl for confirmation.

"Ne~ that's my so-called korean name. My family called me that" she explained. This is amazing. Eventhough I never knew this before, but since the beginning, i've had her name as ChaeRil on my phone. The connection between is the real thing.

"Cool. I had your name Chae Ril on my phone. I didn't even know that's your hangeul name" I said. But again, i think i slipped too many information. HyeMi seems to snap out of her day-dreaming and back to reality.


"YOU had TaeYang-shii number, Chae?" Oops. I can tell that i am her bias in BigBang and I guess letting her know that Cheryl had my number is a mistake. But i can't help it. I want to show the world that Cheryl and I have something going on.

"I've told you! we're close! right, Chae?" My arms moves to circle her shoulder before my head had the time to process what i am doing. . I think i've gone out of the line here. Just stay cool, YB. Stay cool. It feels like the staff knows the atmosphere that they come in at a perfect time to ease the awkwardness.


As we eat, i can't help but constantly checking whether the person that sits next to me really is Cheryl. And everytime i check, there's always the same angel that eats silently next to me. It feels like a dream. The more i look at her, the more red her cheeks become. Oh God, I cant even process how much i want her. The silence as we eat seems to be too much, though. I need to break the ice.

"So, what's on your agenda for the rest of the night, girls?" Maybe they would want to visit the office afterall since i know how much Cheryl would love to see the studio.

"uh... we finished all the things that we need to do today. So, nothing much really" SeungHee answered.

"GREAT! you girls wanna come back with me to the office? your car is there anyway right? we can hang out there! JiYong is in the studio and he asked me to come. you guys should too!" i can't hide my excitement. This means that i can spend more time with Cheryl. I cant help but wishing so badly that they would say yes.

"well, if G-Dragon wouldn't mind, i would love check out your studio!" i guessed it. She is more excited to see the studio than meeting THE G-Dragon. This girl is simply one of a kind.

"ASSA!" i took out my phone to inform JiYong. "JiYong-ah, we're coming!" i said as he picked up the phone.

"you and the girls?" He asks

"ne~"

"any of them hot?" as always, he needs to make sure he is going to have a good time when guests arrive.

"yes" that's all can i say so that the girls wouldn't be suspicious. I am being honest. The other two girls are pretty too. SeungHee looks a little like Cheryl except she has a small nose and a short hair. Her face is also rounder than Cheryl's. HyeMi on the other hand is cute instead of hot. She looks like those girls that can easily breaks. She's cute with her bangs and her pale skin.

"DOPE! bring 'em here!" JiYong said before he hung up the phone.


I settled the bills quickly. They tried to argue with me on who's paying the bill but as a guy, i obviously win. Its past midnight and it feels like i havent slept for a year so I constantly talk to the girls to help me erase my sleepyness. I found out that SeungHee is Cheryl's cousin and HyeMi is SeungHee's bestfriend. SeungHee is a TOP fan where as HyeMi is a TaeYang fan (i guessed it earlier, didn't i). I promised the girls that I would try to get contact with TOP and the rest of the boys once we arrived at the office. I need to make them like me even more so that they'll support me if I want to pursue this relationship i have with their dongsaeng further.

Cheryl then explained her journey from graduation to vacationing in Seoul. I congratulate her on her graduation and she keeps insisting that it was all due to my help. I wanted to apologize over my sudden dissapearance but i couldn't in front of the other girls. I wanted to explain the whole story to her but it seems like today is not the best time. And considering the fact that she still sits perfectly in my car, it means she holds no hard feeling.

As i learnt that she'll be leaving in a few days, i've decided to spend her last few days in Seoul with me. I haven't told her ofcourse, but i am not taking no for an answer. If her eonnies won't let me take her for myself, I'll offer them something that they could never reject. A meeting with all of 5 boys, perhaps? I could take her to the outer Seoul so that i could be more relax and Cheryl could see more of what Korea could offer. Maybe at the end of the week, i could confess? Geez YB, hold down your horse. The imagination of her accepting is already making me feel giddy inside.



The car halted to a stop. We have arrived in YG building and the building is still bright. What time do people go to sleep here? How long do they work? There are no longer fans surrounding the entrance door. As the driver opened the door for us, TaeYang suavely got out of the car. I can hear a slight sigh of admiration from the backseat. I jumped out following TaeYang. I feel bad for him taking us on a midnight tour around YG office when it is so clear that he is dead tired. I wanted to reject his offer earlier but seeing his hopeful eyes and my eonnies' need, i have to accept.

The automatic door opened and we are greeted by a high tech sets of LED. There are few screens that are combined into one gigantic screed that continuously shows music videos of YG artists. I can occasionally see flashes of BigBang on the screen. TaeYang guides us to the lift. The atmosphere is somehow buzzing as two eonnies are too excited that they loss for words. TaeYang seems to be giddy cant wait to show us around.

we arrived at the cafetaria. TaeYang explains how they usually eats there between practice or when they have no time to go out during recording. He also share his story about the old days when they were still trainees, they would beg the ahjumma to spare them some meal. He's been in the company for a long time that whenever he passed a staff, he would greet them warmly using their first name.

it feels more like a huge familly mansion instead of a company because everyone here seems to be getting along with each other and are close enough to use 1st name basis with each other. As a guest, i dont feel like an outsider at all. TaeYang keeps introducing us to everyone he met and people greet us warmly and welcome us. This is definetely a great company to be in. We went in the gym with all its high tech equipments that i dont even know the names. TaeYang showed us how to use some of the weird looking equipments and i can hear low shriek from te 2 eonnies everytime TaeYang showed his muscle as he uses the equipments. Those guns that TaeYang has are pretty amazing. They are not too big and it auited his whole body. Sometimes his shirt would come up exposing his perfectly sculpted abs. I doubt you can call the 6 packs. I can see more that 7 squares in that tummy.

We went to the room with mirrors. Its called practice room TaeYang said. He took us talso see the play room. Thee play room is dark with pool table, games and a table with some bottles of scotch and wine. This is too cool.

Finally, we reach the holy grail of BigBang music. The door is dark oak wood and i can slighly hear hiphop through the soundproof door. TaeyYang opened the door and i can see G-Dragon sitting in front of huge sets of mixer with his head in his hand. He seems to be either sleeping or thinking hard. He realised that someone comes in and look at our direction. My eye caught his and out of nowhere my heart beats faster.



I was taking a quick nap to freshen my head after this tiring session. I know I am missing something in it but my head is in too much rut that i keep failing at noticing what it is that i am missing. I heard a door opened and it woke me up from my nap. It must be YoungBae. I look to the door and immediately my eyes caught her.

She is more beautiful than the picture. She stands in the door wearing a beige summer dress that hugs her slender figure in a way that teases men. Her hair falls around her face down to her back. They seem to be so soft and silky. Her eyes are big with a deep brown color. Her lips has the same milky pink color that makes you want to kiss them. Her cheeks are red from spending too much time under the sun. She looks like a summer goddess and I need to have her.

"JiYong-ah these are my friends" TaeYang breaks the silence.

"Annyeonghaseyo, SeungHee ibnida" the tallest girl said as she bowed followed by the skinniest girl "annyeonghaseyo, HyeMi ibnida". The stunning girl were scanning the room in awe when the tall girl elbowed her and reminding her to greet me.

"ah, yea annyeonghaseyo G-Dragon shii, Cheryl ibnida" she said cheerfully showing her heart pounding smile. Why must this girl be so irresistable?!

"ne~ annyeonghaseyo, GD ibnida" i introduce myself. Why did i introduce myself as G-Dragon infront of them?! I must've look like an .

I invited them in and I start to become awkward. I am always bad at meeting new people.

"JiYong-ah showed them around the studio will ya?" YoungBae hinted me to help with my awkwardness. I can see the spark in Cheryl's eye when YoungBae mentioned about tour of the studio. What should i explain? This is just a regular recording studio with some more advance equipments.

"um well these are basically it really. Nothing much diferent than a regular studio except that poster of Janet Jackson half on the wall there" i explained and suddenly Cheryl goes next to me to take a closer look at the mixer behind me. My heart racing as i can smell her scent. Its a mixture of lilly and honey and it makes my head swims in my own sweet imagination.

"JiYong-ah showed them your work!" YoungBae suggested. But, i havent finished with it. There is still somethin missing with it. Ah, what the hell. I couldn't get my hands around it so im pretty sure they won't notice it either. They sit on the sofa when I am preparing to  show them the song that i've been working on for the whole day. I let them listen to my song as the tall and skinny girls swaying their head from left to right. YoungBae grins from ear to ear when he sees Cheryl closes her eye as she enjoys the song. Have i mentioned how y she looks closing her eye like this?

The song ends and they give me a loud clap. Ah, an ego boost. I can never get bored of this.

"what do you guys think?" I need to hear more praises. Maybe that'll help me out of this rut and the fact that they're VIP, i am 100% sure they'll give me praises like what i need.

"Jinjja daebakk!!" Both girls shouted. Ahh.... That's better now. Wait, why isnt this girl say anything? I look at her puzzled waiting for her answer.

"Um well do you want an honest answer?" She said at the end.

"Yes" i answered. This is intriguing. What is she going to say?

"Its missing something." BANG! It feels like someone shot me in the head. Why does this girl notice this thing?! Even YoungBae said it was fine earlier today. Everyone look at her in shock. "YA!" The tall girl whispered to her as she pinched her arm.

"What? He wants an honest answer, so I give him. I mean I'm sorry but if you release that song, I wouldnt want to buy it. That song is not up to BigBang's standard yet. Come on, you must've notice it too, eonni" she said blunty. I am loss for words. Never once had i ever encounter a girl like this. Does she realise who is she talking to?!

"No! There is nothing wrong with the song! Its perfect! And I've been a VIP since Haru-Haru so i guess i should know this better than you who've only like them early this year!" The skinny girl defended me. The atmosphere is so intense and i can see TaeYang playing his phone before he shouted.

"OMMO! Top hyung is calling me! You guys want to talk to him?" He said to the two girls trying to change the subject. The girls immediately forgotten the intense talk we just had and ran to the door to follow YoungBae. This left me and her alone in the studio.

"i'm sorry" she said breaking the silence. I can see her playing with her fingers. She really is sorry.

"it's just that i respect your songs a lot and i think that song needs something more. But what do I know. I'm no music genius" she continued while still looking down. She's afraid of looking at me. She thought i am mad. I cant help my curiosity.

"I know something is missing too. I just cant figure out what yet. Do you have an idea?" I asked her. I honestly asking her opinion. She realizes that something  is missing, she must've know a thing or two about music.

"eh? You ask for my advice?" She seems shock. I am too. This is the first time ive asked an opinion about my music to a nobody but i am too curious so i nod my head.

"well, maybe in the second verse we need to add a loop to enhances the high notes or add a little more echo on the last phrases. They sound important. Or, as you reach the bridge, the cymbals should be more louder to add more effect as it reaches the peak" she explained. She seems to be excited as she gives out her thoughts. I was wrong. Its not that she know a bit about music, she knows a lot! I didnt think of those ideas that she proposed. It was simple that i think i overlooked them.

i get back to my mixer and editing the music that i've been struggling for the whole day. I can feel her watching me intently doing what I do best. This girl is something special. I thought its only the face and the body, but i was completely gobsmacked when she showed me her brain. We need this kind of girl around here. The only person that dares to defy my music is Teddy hyung and nowadays hes been too busy with producering 2ne1 that I can't have him giving me assistance as often. I finished putting all of her suggestione in and I put the song on the speaker again for both of us to listen.

On the last note of the song both of us look at each other. Its perfect.

"Now its perfect" she said taking the words out of my head. I smiled.

"You should come work with us" i finally say. I truly believe that she would be a great additional to YG. It only took her once to spot a missing piece in a music. Can't imagine what can she come up with if she got a whole day. She looks at me in a surprise. 'Trust me lady, i am as surprise as you are. I've never done this either' i want to say. YoungBae opened the door followed by two giggling girls. He realise that there's something going on immediately as he walked in.

"is everything ok here?" he asks. I can sense his worry.

"I'm offering Cheryl a job" i answered straight forwardly and the two girls shrieked in shock and ran to Cheryl who just sits there numb.

"What? Here? As a what?" YoungBae asks suspiciously.

"As a music engineer. Listen to what she just did." i say as i head back to the screen and turn back the song. As the song progressing, i can see the changes in YoungBae's expression. He realises the changes in the song that I keep playing again and again when he was here earlier. After the song ended, he looks to Cheryl.

"YOU did this?" he asks in surprise.

"Yes she did. That was the suggestions she gave me when you guys were outside. I think we need her to help us with this. Dont you think so, YoungBae" I answered instead. I can see YoungBae staring at me now.

"JiYong-ah, can we talk outside?" he said sternly.

"ofcourse" i answered calmly to ease out the atmosphere.

As soon as we close the door, YoungBae suddenly gets in my face.

"what are you doing?" He asks trying to juiced up the truth. But there is no lie here. i am not playing games. I am purely asking her to work for us because of her brain.

"I saw the way you looked at her pictures back then and how you look at her when we arrived. I like her, JiYong-ah. This is not a game for me so stop whatever it is you plan to do" He continued with his accusation. Well, he's not completely wrong. I was ogling at his girl far too intently back then and maybe before too, but this is completely different thing! It has nothing to do with her perfect figure, or her seductive stare. This is her skill that i'm talking about.

"I am not planning anything. I've been struggling with that song for a whole day, YoungBae. And she came, listen to it once, and realise the missing aspects straight away. Don't you think thats a true skill that we need now? I can't work for our album by myself. I used to have Teddy hyung but now he's too busy with the girls" i explained to him trying to calm him down.

"so thats really her? i didnt even realise what was missing until you showed me the new edited one... i guess she is smart. i told you that she's a music engineer, right?" YoungBae seems to be calming down when suddenly the door opens and the 3 girls come out.

"listen guys, it's pretty late, we're going home now. Thanks TaeYang for the meal and the tour of YG. Thanks GD for the sneak peek of your song. we'll be going now" Cheryl said as the other girls look at the ground. They seem to be wanting to stay longer but Cheryl is in charge now.

"what?! no! you can't leave! stay!" YoundBae seems desperate.

"anniyo, it's already too late and i am tired. thank you anyway" she rejected his offer. She is definitely one of a kind. Never once had any girl rejected any offer from us. She even made YoundBae begged!

"listen, i was serious before. I'll get you a meeting with YG to have a proper interview if you want" i try to show her my sincerity.

"well, let me think about it" THINK ABOUT IT?! Geez this girl really knows how to push it.

"Annyeonghaseyo~" they all bowed and head to the lift. I look to my right and i can see YoundBae looks like he lost his soul. Suddenly, he sprinted to the lift before it closes.

"Chae, give me your number." He demands.

"you have mine, TY" she answered coldly.

"just give me. please. i'll explain later." Again, she makes YoungBae begged. Wow this girl surely had some voodoo power on her making her irresistible to men.

"Here" She shoved him a piece of paper with some writing on it as the door finally closes leaving YoungBae speechless holding a piece of paper staring into the lift's door wishing it would be open again.