The Date

Little Thing Called L

I sit on the sofa, enjoying the view. The girl, who’s inhabited my head these past weeks, is the view. She’s busy with the music that she’s editing. Sometimes she chuckles or sighs in satisfaction when she achieves the sound that she wants. I love that sound that she makes. It makes me feel happy, for unknown reason.

She’s wearing a black singlet with a training pants and she let loose her hair and leave her cap. The Beats by Dr. Dre headphone that she’s using looks a little too big for her small head. It’s cute. Her skin is slightly burnt, maybe she went to lunch at the outdoor before.

I almost had a heart attack when she mentioned the lyrics that I wrote couple of days ago. I don’t plan it to be release as a song. I wrote it just to accommodate the melody that has been playing in my head since Saturday. She says she likes it though. Maybe I should consider making it into a song?

It was cold and my heart felt like it was going to burst open. I had my guitar in my hands, as I waited for SeungRi to pick me up. The book was next to me, as if it was waiting for me to fill it with words. The words came out naturally, like I’ve wanted to let it out and I finally find a way to. Every words I wrote, remind me of her. The only girl that I want, but I could not get.

As I am enjoying my view, I accidentally brush my hand to the sofa and it scrapes my bruised knuckles that I just created at lunch. Now the wound is getting slightly bigger. I was infuriated at YoungBae that I just had to do it…

I couldn’t believe my eyes. YoungBae, the one that disappointed Cheryl for canceling lunch, with jobs as an excuse, was sitting comfortably in front of me. I remember how disappointed Cheryl look when she told me that he cancelled and yet here he is joking casually with DaeSung?!

“Ah hyung~ you arrived!” DaeSung noticed my presence and welcomed me cheerfully.

“Yo bro~ what’s up!” YoungBae gave me his fist for me to bump, but I stood still.

“WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” I blew up in front of YoungBae, unknowingly punched the table along, scraping my knuckles.

“WHOA hyung~ calm down!” DaeSung ran to my side and held me back.

“Why can’t I be here?? Are you the only one allowed to have lunch with Dae?!” He sounded annoyed.

“ you” I was not in the mood for some stupidity. “You should have been in a restaurant with Cheryl now.” I said sinisterly.

“Oh that. Well I lied. I told her I’m busy, you know, push and pull” He added a wink after.

“Are you ING with me right now?!” I raised my voice, punching the table the second time. It’s the only platform I can let out my steam, other that YoungBae’s face.

“Hyung~ tone down the volume, we are in public…” DaeSung worried.

“You upset Cheryl by canceling, but now I found out you lied about it?!” I lowered my tone but it only made my voice more hostile.

“Why are you so worked up about it?” he became suspicious.

I was taken aback by his question. Yes, why am I so worked up about it? I promised myself that I would stay away from their relationship, so why the hell do I still care?

“I… I… Well…” I stuttered. “It took away her focus. She was working with me” I lied, not wanting YoungBae know the true reason.

“That’s weird. I didn’t know that losing one’s focus could make you angry like this, Ji. I guess I haven’t known you well enough.” I can feel sarcasm and accusation in his tone.

“I’m sorry I made MY GIRL lose her focus” he apologized but his eyes said that he’s threatening me.

The waiter came to our table, just in time.

“Um…” she noticed the cold atmosphere. “G-Dragon-ssi, would you like to order?” She offered me the menu.

DaeSung, knowing the situation, stepped in. “Anniyo, I already order it for him. Gamsahabnida” He smiled and bowed apologetically to her.

“Hyung~ can we sit down?” DaeSung begged, after the waiter left. His eyes showed fear; fear that this might cause BigBang another scandal.

I sit next to DaeSung, to satisfy him. I have to clear my head. It will be a disaster if anyone sees this incident. We can’t afford another scandal and YoungBae is right, she is HIS GIRL and I have no right to in their relationship.

The mood is tense and YoungBae and I didn’t talk to each other. Daesung worked as a bridge that constantly talked to YoungBae, and change to me. I feel bad for DaeSung. Just when he is ready to go out, I messed it up by having a row with YoungBae.

I feel like I have to leave. If I leave, the tense will be better. I was, in this case, the one that made the atmosphere bleak in the first place. I was still quite pissed at him, so I don’t think I can pretend to light up the mood. For this reason, I excused myself early with unfinished songs as my reason.

In the middle of my flash back, Cheryl suddenly turns. I am watching her intently while daydreaming, and she caught me red-handed.

“Are you that uncomfortable with people working on your song without you assisting?” She pouts. Her lip instantly distracts me.

“No. I like watching you work. You giggle every now and then. It sounds nice” I know my place now. Even though she is untouchable to me, I can still be there for her, protecting her, adoring her for afar.

“Did I? I didn’t notice” her cheeks redden. “Well, the song is done. It’s a great song, by the way. Ain’t no fun, eh?”

“Hahaha.. Yeah, we came up with it when we were dead tired in between schedules and the members were complaining how bored they are of answering the same interview questions” I explain the odd inspiration of the song as I make my way towards her.

“We? I thought you write it” She sounds confuse.

“I wrote the lyrics, but it was SeungRi’s idea. We laughed at him when he said it but after it sinks it, I decided to write it” I answer while listening to the newly edited song.

“This is great! As always” I say after the song ended. She never disappoints.

“I notice in all the songs that I’ve work on, there’s always a part missing its lyrics. Is it for T.O.P-ssi?” She asks. It’s amazing how she notices these things and makes a precise conclusion.

“Yeah, he likes to make his rap just moments before recording. More spontaneous he says. And don’t call hip T.O.P please. Its weird. I feel like in an interview” I say, while saving the song in all formats to be safe.

“Why? I call you GD, same thing” She says, innocently.

“YA! I told you to call me JiYong oppa and you did! Why change it to GD again now!” I thought she already settled calling me by JiYong oppa since that night.

“Because I feel like you’re more GD than you are Ji Yong oppa sometimes. GD is the arrogant, annoying, high-horsed idol, where as Ji Yong oppa is the nice, comforting friend.” She says, like it’s not a big deal.

“What?! So I am GD now? The arrogant idol??” I cant hide my disbelief. I thought I’ve been a good boy lately. Well, I am if you can count out that time that I ditched her.

“Hahaha… Well, you did introduce yourself as GD when we first met, right? So don’t blame me, GD-ssi” She seems to be enjoying this.

“That’s because I was nervous when I met you” I slipped.

“What?” She asks. I don’t think she heard what I said.

“Nothing.” I can’t bring myself to admit it to her.

I turn on the next song that needs to be edited on speaker 1. I like this song and I think she can play with this a lot. I quickly imagining her chuckling and giggling like she did before.

In the middle of the song, the door opens. YoungBae’s face peeks in and he looks happy. His face is slightly red from the sun and his grin shows satisfaction, especially when he spots Cheryl. His eyes sparkle mischievously.

“Yo” He greets me. I am still not in the mood to play, and I know he felt the same, so I give him a nod.

“You guys are not that busy right? I borrow Cheryl then” He suddenly grabs Cheryl and her belonging, and bolted out of the room, without waiting for my reply.

I stuns for few seconds. What the hell is going on? A second ago I am having a nice time with Cheryl, now she’s gone being dragged by YoungBae??

“YAA!!!” I shout, as I jump out of my chair and chase them.

The hallway is already empty, it means YoungBae and Cheryl have gotten into the lift and left. I am standing here in shock. What does he want now? What is his plan?



JiYong just left, leaving DaeSung and me. He barely touched his food and yet he said that he’s full. I’ve never seen him blow up on me like that. I’ve known him since I was 12 years old, never once had I seen him punching something because of me. Now he did, merely because of Cheryl.

I lied to Cheryl and cancelled our plan. It was wrong, but I am playing the game. I want to make her see that it’s not that easy to have a meal with me. I want her to slightly beg to have a meal with me. That’s not too egomaniac isn’t?

I didn’t think the one that would be upset is JiYong. I know she would be slightly disappointed, but I think JiYong is being overdramatic about this. As my friend, why would he care about Cheryl being upset? Unless….

“What’s was that all about, hyung?” DaeSung finally asks.

“Remember that time I visit you and you suggest me to play hard to get?” I ask. He nods in return.

“Well, I was supposed to have lunch with Cheryl now, but I cancelled it. Hard to get, right? Then, JiYong got crazy because I upset her.” I say as I roll my eyes.

“And he is mad because it made Cheryl lose her focus while working?” DaeSung too seems to see this situation is a bit weird. “That’s not like him…”

"My thoughts exactly” I agrees.

“Maybe he’s just having a bad day, hyung. He’s been weird this couple of days, right? Maybe he has a lot on his plate” DaeSung tries to make sense of JiYong’s weirdness.

“Yeah, but now I cant help but to feel guilty for ditching Cheryl…” I regret my decision.

“Well… are you free the rest of the day?” DaeSung thinking of an idea

“Yeah…?” I answer, not knowing what his plan is.

“You can always take her out to a spontaneous date!” he says eagerly. “Girls like that, hyung. Be spontaneous!”

“jinjja??” I like his idea, a lot!

“You should plan it first, hyung. You don’t want to be seen as unprepared” DaeSung said, while signalling the waiter to give us the bill.

Instinctively, I pull out my card and give it to the waiter without looking at the bill.

“HYUNG~ hajima… I want to pay too” DaeSung realised my intention.

“Just say thanks” I say to shut him up and sign the bill.


I separated with DaeSung after lunch. He wants to go back to his church and helping out, so I decide to call manager hyung and ask him to help me with my spontaneous date. He laughs at first, saying that I am childish, but he still agrees to help.

I want to have an outdoor date. The weather is nice, and I haven’t play outdoor for a while. It’ll be tricky to plan an outdoor date without people noticing who I am, but that’s the challenge.

Manager hyung found a perfect hidden spot. He says that the place is currently being abandoned because a plan is being made to change the area into an apartment complex. He got the address from his friend and we bolted there straight away.

Once we arrived, I can picture the date straight away. The area is slightly rusty but it has a playground for kids, a skate park, and a small garden. Not only that, it has a small lake and there are few paddle boats parked around the lake.

I spent one and a half hour just to prepare for the date. Snacks, activities, props and even fireworks have been put in place. Manager hyung keeps saying how crazy I am with all the planning. He says, I look like those men that plan a proposal.

On the way to the office, I feel extremely nervous. What if she doesn’t like it? What if people notice? What if it rains??

“HYUNG! What if it rains??” my voice is shaking.

“Calm down, the forecast says that there’ll be no rain today” Hyung says, patting my shoulder to calm me down.

Once we arrived, I dash off to the lift, pressing it continuously hoping for it to open quicker. I am so excited and nervous at the same time and I can’t wait! I can’t wait to show her what I did…

I stand in front of the door, not knowing how I should do this. Many ways run through my mind. Should I ask her? Should I kneel? Should I just pick her up and carry her out? Manager hyung’s voice comes into my head. ‘Just grab her out, like a man!’ he said on our way here. This is it, I’m taking the plunge.

I open the door quickly, and immediately, I spot her. It’s the girl that became the centre of my attention these past few months. Next to her, is my best friend. Both look at me quizzically.

“Yo” I give JiYong a simple nod but he only replies with a half-hearted nod. I don’t really care though; I’m here for her.

“You guys are not that busy right? I borrow Cheryl then” I quickly say, grabbing her and her bag at the same time. This is all too overwhelming for me, and I cant handle any objections right now.

Within seconds, we are in the lift, panting from the sudden rush.

“OPPA! WHAT THE HELL!” she complains and punching my arm.

I smile, “I want to take you somewhere”

“Where? I thought you’re busy?” she looks curious.

“You’ll see” I’m being mysterious.

I lead her to the car, and help her get on. Manager hyung is already smiling all knowingly. I know he’s going to mock me in front of everyone later, but I don’t care.

“Shall we?” he smiles devilishly.

“Yes” I answer, can’t take my eyes away from her.


 

“Ta-da!” I yell and pointing out the playground in front of us.

“Hahaha... you rushed me out, for this?” she laughs.

“More than that, but first, company me play” I grab her arms again, take her into the swing set, and jump on one.

“You want me to push you?” she asks.

“Yes, please” I grin.

“Oh, oppa, I didn’t know that you’re a kid!” she shouts as she pushes me hard.

After my swing got high, she stops and quickly joins me and jumps into the swing next to me. She looks graceful as she tries to make the swing swings higher than me. We compete on having the highest swing and I had to stand up on the seat in order to win.

“oppa, that’s cheating!” she pouts.

I slow down my swing, and we are now swinging slowly, enjoying the weather and each other’s company.

“Are you okay?” she asks, concern.

“Mwoh? Yes, of course I am, why you ask?” I didn’t expect her question. Of course I am, why wouldn’t i?

“Nothing. It’s just that your eyes don’t sparkle as much” she says.

“Really? Do my eyes sparkle?” now, I’m curious.

“Sometimes. Especially when you’re talking about music” she smiles.

It’s amazing how much she knows about me, considering how little time we’ve spent with each other. It makes me more comfortable with her. Being around her, I feel warm. I feel that I have someone that can take care of me, like a warm blanket.

The sun almost set, it’s almost 6 PM. We’ve talked on the swing for too long without realizing the time. I got reminded of my plan when she says that she’s kind of hungry. I quickly jump out of my swing and hold out my hand, offering it for her. She smiles, takes my hand, and understandingly following me.

“What now?” she asks.

“Can you just let me show it off, stop asking!” I answer

“Hahaha… arrasso arrasso…” she understands and dutifully follow my lead.

I take her to the garden, under the shade where I already prepared a blanket for us to sit on. Her face shows surprise, but as she promised, she doesn’t say anything and sit on it comfortably.

I take out a picnic box that I’ve been hiding behind the big trees and put it in front of her.

“Your wish is my command, miss” I take out slices of kimbap, oranges and few strawberries to munch.

“Whoa oppa!!” she squeals in delight.

“Here” I hand out a kimbap for her. She eats it off my hands and makes me chuckle.

We eat our snacks as we enjoying the sun setting in front of us. The serenity is priceless. I haven’t had this for a while, being a celebrity and all. Sometimes, what we want is simple, some privacy.

“It’s beautiful, oppa~” she sighed and resting her head on my shoulder. Strangely enough, I don’t despise it like I would if it was some other girls. It feels right. Her head fits perfectly on my shoulder, as if my shoulder was made for her to lean on. I try my best not to move. I don’t want to disturb an angel resting.

“Thank you, oppa” she says, still had her head on my shoulder and her eyes to the orange sky.

“For what?” I ask.

“For this. This is beautiful. And for you” she finally looks up to me. Her eyes sparkle, mirroring the water that reflects the setting sun.

“For me?” I asks, not knowing what else to say. This is intense, too intense.

“Ne~ you’re the reason of all this. You’re why I am here. You’re why I got my dream job. You’re amazing. Kamsahabnida, oppa~” she says, smiling. I can’t find a way that best describes her right now. Her deep eyes and her sweet lips, there’s no words that can describe it with enough justice.

“Don’t thank me just yet, there’s more” I grin.

I stood up, and offer her my hand for the second time. This time, she giddily accepts it and stroll behind me, following my lead. I take her to the pond, where a paddleboat is already perfectly parked for us. I gesture her to get in.

“jinjja, oppa?? Paddle boats???” now she really cant hold her surprise.

“Yes. Now, get on” I smile, seeing her delighted expression.

I pull her up, to make it easier for her to get on. Once she is settled, I move to my side and quickly get on the boat. Without waiting for me to adjust, she paddles like there’s no tomorrow.

“YA! Calm down! I’m not ready!” I shout as I adjust myself to her rhythm.

“Hahaha… miyanhae oppa~ I love this! The last time I was in one, was when I was eight!” she cheerfully squeals.

We reached the centre of the lake in no time because of Cheryl’s eagerness and the small size of the lake. We floated around as we catch our breath from the crazy paddling. She chuckles when she sees me massaging my sore calf, so I splash her with some water.

The moon is bright today with no cloud that covers it. The stars shine bright, matching my mood in this beautiful weather. The beautiful view, the tranquillity of the lake and with the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen, I don’t think my life has been as complete as this.

I decide that it’s time. The feeling is right and the atmosphere is perfect, so I press the button that’s been on my hoodie the whole time.

Suddenly, the sky is filled with little lights that blows out, forming different shapes with different colours.

She’s surprised at the sudden loud noises but soon recover and look at the sky in awe. Sometimes she mutters “oh my God” or “beautiful” when the fireworks turns into big red flower or rays with different colours.

“Chae” I call her, when the fireworks almost over.

“Ne?” She looks at me, and I can see it in her eyes, full of admiration and delight.

“Welcome to Seoul” I say, as I offer her my smile.




안녕하세요 everyone~ ^^ sorry for the long chapter but I hope you enjoy it!!

I just want to say THANK YOU for subscribing and for the comments!! oh I LOVEthem!!!

Please do write moreeee~ ᄏᄏᄏᄏ

Please do give out your preferences on which couple should this ends and I will consider them!

Again, KAMSAHABNIDA!