The Brotherhood

Little Thing Called L

I jumped out of my bed after I got the phone call from DaeSung. Finally, he wants to visit the office! His cheerful voice already make my day. I need to call the others in case they didn't know.

"Wae?" SeungHyun hyung always gets to the point.

"DaeSung called you yet?" I asks too eagerly

"Ne~ I'm already showered. You?" I can sense his smile.

"Daebak! See you there hyung~" I'm ecstatic! Atlast, BigBang together again!

"Yeobuseyo" JiYong's voice is different than usual. Stern and lifeless. Maybe he is still hangover from last night. Wait until he heard this news!

"DaeSung is on his way to the office! Bbali wash up!" I jump up and down trying to put my jeans on as I hold my phone between my cheek and my shoulder.

"Mwo?! He didn't call me! Wait, here he is... I'll pick this up. See you at the office!" His voice brighten up and hangs up.

I try to call SeungRi but he doesn't pick up. He must've been dead from last night. I guess I have to pay him a visit and violently wakes him up. There is nothing that can hinders BigBang's reunion! Even hangover has to wait!

I check myself in the mirror before I head out and grabs my cap and sunglasses. The best accessories for the day is my smile that basically tear my face into 2. Uri Dae finally comes out of his hibernation and his brothers are going to be there to welcome him! We haven't had proper meet-ups since that incident and today is going to be the day where BigBang finally becomes one again!

I get in the lift and press SeungRi's floor. He's been living there alone since JiYong decides to buy his own apartment. He was emotional at first for not having his Tom living in the same house anymore but as soon as he realize that he has all the freedom he can, he no longer sulks and enjoys his teenage life (read: party hard).

I knock once, silence. No respond. I knock twice and thrice, yet still no respond. The room sounds empty but I know he's inside. I muster all my energy and start banging, with feet, hands and even my elbow. He needs to wake up if he doesn't want his hyungs to hit him for the whole year.

The door slowly opens and a pair of small eyes, barely opens with dark circles peeks from inside. A sleepy panda. Once he notices it is me, he sighs and open the door bigger letting me to come in.

"Ah hyung~ I thought it was some crazy person" he scratches his head.

"Bbali wash your face up!! We're going to the office!!" I shouted at him to make sure he wakes up as I made my way inside the apartment.

"Ah wae~ I have no schedule today and I want to..." He begins to whine and stomping the ground like a kid being forced to go to the dentist.

"DaeSung is on his way to the office! We're going to have a reunion!" I cut his whine while jumping in excitement

"JINJJA?? Whoa DAEBAK! Arrasso hyung wait for me, ok? You should drive" Now he wakes up.

"Of course I would drive, I don't think you have recovered from your hangover!" I shouted back at him as he goes inside his room to change. I can hear his laugh in return.

He comes out of the room after 10 minutes. After his solo album came out, he almost beat JiYong at the longest time needed to pick clothes. Thankfully, he opt for the more subtle ones today. A simple jeans and a white t-shirt underneath a dark blue sweater.

"I'm ready hyung!" He stands in front of me like a child showing off his new outfit. I sniff. Ugh, No, scratch that, more like a child that just bathed in vodka.

"Ya! Put on some perfume will you?! You reeks alcohol!" I pushed him away as I pinch my noise.

"Aish I don't smell anything~" he sniffs his sweater and go back inside his room to put on cologne, pouted.

I wait for him in front of the door. I can't wait any longer! I don't want DaeSung beats us at arriving the office. I gestures my hand to tell SeungRi to speed up and he mumbles "arrasso arrasso". He grabs all the accessories he can find and run after me as I walk to the lift, almost leaving him behind.

We sit silently in my car as we travel along the street of Seoul with a huge grin on both of our faces. The thought of having a reunion at the office again excites all of us and we can't contain it.

"Hyung, last night, why didn't you take Cheryl home?" SeungRi breaks the silence between us.

"Ah~ I'm playing hard to get!" I answers, grinning from ear to ear.

"Mwoya! You barely get the girl, and yet you want to play hard to get?!" SeungRi complains my method and instantly I shot him my dont-mess-with-my-plan stare and it shuts him up.

"Do you know what's wrong with JiYong hyung yesterday? Lee-An was fussing last night, she said JiYong hyung treated her coldly" His silence doesn't last very long.

"Molla. I think he's just tired." SeungRi's question got me thinking about last night. JiYong was pissed at me because I didn't take Cheryl home that he almost breaks the table. Why should he be? Unless...

"Hyung! I almost forgot! I got the phone number for that tattoo artist you like in Japan!" SeungRi stops me from my thoughts and caught my attention immediately. This is a great day! Not only are we going to meet up, I will also get to plan my new tattoo!

"Ya mwoya! How can the news spread that fast!" SeungRi shouts when we get closer to the office. A sea of girls already swarming our office entrance with banners, posters and cut outs of us. This disappoints me a little. I just hope they wouldn't intervene our meeting.

Thank God my windows are pitch black, but I know some of the fans know my car, so to avoid any casualties, I quickly turn my car so that I can get in the parking lot through the rear entrance. SeungRi becomes the look out for any fans that might be following our car.

As I prepare to park, I notice a car next to the back entrance of the building. Its DaeSung's manager's car! Damn it! Blame this on SeungRi for taking so long to change! DaeSung's arrived and we weren't there to welcome him. No wonder the fans already gathered here, I bet the news of his appearance travel quick.

We quickly make our way inside the building through the back door. The back door can only be accessed with YG ID so not everyone knows this entrance and we are safe to come in and out through this door. We almost sprint our way to the common room. Even without any information given, we know that he will be there lounging on the sofa. Ah, how I miss uri DaeSung-ie.

We got the shock of our life when we are being greeted by SeungHyun hyung wrestling DaeSung on the sofa. DaeSung's grin is clearly visible through his long fringe that almost covers all of his face and SeungHyun hyung tries his best to keep a straight face, pretend that he is crossed at DaeSung and headlock-ing him.

"YOUUUUNGBAE HYUNG!! SEEUUUUUNGRI-YA!!" DaeSung shouts our name in a way that only he can and it almost make my eyes teary. Gosh, I miss this cheerful kid.

SeungHyun hyung drops his hand immediately after he realize our presence and SeungRi ran to DaeSung like there's no tomorrow.

"DAEEESUNG HYUNG!" He tries to imitate DaeSung but fail miserably as he ran to him with his arms spreading wide preparing for an avant grande hug.

"Wae guerae?!" DaeSung steps back pushing SeungRi's face when he got way too close.

"Ah hyung! Don't you miss me??" Again, SeungRi whines, making me and hyung chuckles at our maknaes. Days of awkwardness had long gone between them.

"Arraso arraso come here" DaeSung spread his arm welcoming SeungRi and SeungRi gladly accepts it like a kid. This is a rare moment because BigBang doesn't usually show this kind of affection towards one another unless its for the camera or as a joke. But I think the scandal made us realize that our love for each other is strong and we need to show it to one another more often.

I pretend to look impassive at first but I can't resist. I missed this too much! I join in their hug, followed by SeungHyun hyung, and we creates a big bundle of boys in their early 20s being sentimental. This is nice. All we need is our beloved leader, and BigBang will be one again.

"Iggo mwoya?!" Ah, speak of the devil. JiYong stands a few meters away from us looking at us is disgust. A fake expression, I know. I can tell he wants to join in so badly.

"Shut up and just join in!" SeungHyun shouts back without looking at JiYong, still immerse in the hug. JiYong chuckles and he run towards us and jumps on top of SeungRi so SeungRi basically piggyback him. JiYong spread his body on top of us so all of us are supporting his weight.

As if our minds are connected, at the same count, we disperse and JiYong successfully landed on the floor face first. We laughed so hard at JiYong that SeungHyun hyung and DaeSung already rolls on the floor laughing away. JiYong pouted but I can tell that he is not really mad. He, too, is glad that we are here together again as 5.

"I know you can't be away from the studio too long, DaeSung-ah" JiYong says while hugging SeungRi, as soon as we settle down and sit on sofa like normal human beings.

"Hahaha... Ne hyung~ but I came not really because of the studio. I miss BigBang too much" he says, with SeungHyun hyung attaches to him like a koala attaches to a tree, both his hands and legs are hugging DaeSung's body.

"Uri DaeSung-iee" SeungHyun hyung has his face buried in DaeSung's jacket with his usual aegyo.

I look around the room, smiling. I've missed this view more than I thought. JiYong being too touchy to SeungRi, tries to annoy him at the same time and SeungRi acts as if nothing happens, that only leads to more torture from JiYong. DaeSung makes stupid jokes with hyung, making dumb dances and gestures and making words only they understand, they laugh at their own stupidity and making us laugh at them, joining the fun. This is BigBang. The quirkiness that only we can understand. This is why they're my family.

We exchange stories as if we haven't met each other for years. Our activities, our schedules, even our worries are being shared among each other. We avoid talking about anything that might remind DaeSung of the incident. Even though he seems to be in a better state, but we don't dare testing the water.

Gradually, we start to discuss our future. The future that we once thought to be bleak, now there might be hope, after all.

"I thought we should make our next album completely different than before. Make it more spontaneous, so it'll show our personally even more" JiYong always leads the conversation if its about our music.

"I thought we always do?" SeungRi comments.

"I think that's a good idea, Ji. Be more daring, right?" SeungHyun hyung ignores SeungRi's remarks.

"I can't do it. I can't be more daring." DaeSung's voice starts to tremble.

"Anniyo! Not in ways that might get us into trouble! Just in a way that makes people say 'damn, these kids ARE the trend setter' " I try to assure DaeSung that we are not going to bring more scandals onto us.

"We are not looking to get into more drama, DaeSung-ah. I just felt that since we've been in this business far too long, we should change our sound a little. Maybe do some experience, like changing our vocal tone, our clothings, and stuff. Be more crazy. Be more alive!" JiYong elaborates.

"I agree!" SeungRi becomes excited.

"Ya! You always agree to whatever JiYong said!" SeungHyun hyung snaps at SeungRi and that makes us laugh.

"Ah~ well if Sang Jang Nim agrees, then I don't mind" DaeSung finally on the same boat.

We are all deep in our own thoughts after the discussion about our next album and the possibility of a comeback. I'm happy, ecstatic, giddy at the image of us 5 promoting as one again. This time we won't let anyone or anything gets in the way of our creativity. We will break free and creates our sound. New BigBang, New sound. Suddenly, a bright idea pops into my head.

"Hey! We should make Cheryl be our main music engineer for the album!" I almost shouted from too much excitement. What's the proper phrase for it? Ah right, hit 2 birds with one stone.

"Miyanhae hyung~ I don't think I can let that happen" SeungRi quick at rejecting my idea.

"Wae?"

"She's too hot, I might lose focus" he says with a straight face, making all of us throw pillows at him while JiYong pin him to the ground.

"I haven't seen the girl work yet, but I assume you and JiYong don't have any problem with her, so I think it's fine" SeungHyun hyung says after we've done abusing SeungRi.

"Na do~ from what I heard, she's a pretty good person, too" DaeSung agrees and gives me his wink that barely visible with that small eyes of his.

"YES! Its decided then! JiYong will be our producer, as always, and Cheryl will be our new music engineer!" I can't help my happiness that radiates from my smile.

"Ya hyung, you're too obvious! I know you just want to spend more time with Cheryl!" SeungRi shouts.

"Just let him be, SeungRi-ya! Have you ever seen YoungBae this happy?? Don't pop his bubble!" SeungHyun hyung comes to the rescue.

"Majayo~ Dara noona told me last night that they met Cheryl in the afternoon and they like her straight away! She also said that when they asked her about YoungBae hyung, she blushed!" Everyone now chimed in, even DaeSung. But I notice something is off.

JiYong's face is no longer bright. He becomes silent as the others start their discussion about my love life. He plays with his fingers without saying a word. I don't really expect him to, but knowing that JiYong likes to talk about girls and gossiping, this feels kind of strange.

His actions last night flashes me again. He was angry, only seeing red when I decides to ditch Cheryl and let her take taxi home. Why would he be? Was he worried about her safety or was it because he thought I would jeopardize my chance at getting Cheryl? What if he was worried about her safety? Maybe he was worried that if anything happens to her, he won't be able to finish his songs?

I try to find reasons to his weird behaviour, but ultimately, I know that one of the possibility is that JiYong might have feelings for her too. I try to shake that thoughts of my head. JiYong is my brother, he wouldn't dare take Cheryl away from me. I look at him, trying to make sense of his strange behaviour, but as soon as he realise that I've been staring at him, he becomes edgy.

The discussion heated up as SeungHyun hyung and SeungRi placing bets on when will I confess to Cheryl. DaeSung and I are laughing at their stupid reasoning behind their bets. SeungHyun argues its going to take some time before I confess because I need to play mysterious a little bit more, while SeungRi claims its going to be soon because Americans like their relationship to happen fast. Suddenly, JiYong stands.

"I want to have some smoke. D'you want, hyung?" He said, while looking through his bag searching for his lighter.

"No thanks. I don't want my mom to sniff me and start her speech about the negative effect of ciggarettes" hyung answers.

"Ok" JiYong answers simply and without any words, he left.

"Is he ok?" DaeSung speaks up.

"He's been like that since last night. Maybe he ate some bad sashimi?" SeungRi answers.

"Jeongmal... Do jinjja pabo-ya!" SeungHyun hyung smacks him in the head.

"How's the progress for his songs?" DaeSung looks worried. "Maybe he's restless because of that"

"Yeah, maybe" I answer simply, looking at the door still wondering what's gotten into JiYong lately.


 

The discussion about my relationship with Cheryl has ceased with a conclusion that I wouldn't confess until the members can see that she's interested in me in a romantic way.
JiYong has been gone for almost half an hour. He probably finish his whole pack if he hasn't finish smoking by this time.

"YoungBae-a, go check on JiYong! Is he even still here?" SeungHyun hyung too notice his long absence.

As I make my way downstairs, I couldn't help but wonder about JiYong's changed behavior. Even if something is bothering him, he would always tell me. Why not now? Is my worse nightmare becomes reality? Has he really fell for Cheryl? I know he wouldn't take her away from me, but the idea of him having feelings towards her is already repulsing.

Before I open the back door, I can hear voices from the other side. I can tell one of them is JiYong, but who is he talking to?

I opened the door and a girl, with her back facing me, is in front of me. I can tell straight away, with her slender figure, her long shiny hair, and her intoxicating fragrance, that it is Cheryl. I noticed JiYong is holding on to her wrist, which he quickly let go once he saw me. His face ashen as if he just saw a ghost.

"Cheryl?" I just needed to make sure.

From the back, I can see she lift her hand slightly to wipe something off of her face before she finally face me. "Ah YoungBae oppa" she say with a half smile plastered on her face.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, looking back at forth between her and JiYong, who has been looking at the ground since he let go her hand.

"I came by to grab my book I left in the studio. I didn't mean to invade your reunion, oppa. Juiseonghabnida." She bows.

"Don't worry, you're not invading anything. Come inside and grab your book then" I open the door bigger to let her in and she moves swiftly under my arms to get inside the building quickly.

Now its only JiYong and I outside in this beautiful weather yet felt chilly to me. He keeps looking to the ground after he lit up another cigarette.

"What's going on here?" I ask, can no longer contain my curiosity.

"Nothing is going on" he say quickly, still looking at his feet.

"Gojitmal" I become tense. What is it that he's hiding from me?!

"I was just apologizing for your behavior last night" he says softly.

"Why?" I think his explanation is completely out of the blue.

"You were being an . Not taking her home." He looks at me, but his voice is still soft, uncertain.

"You know my plan"

"I know. But she might misunderstood. I just want to make sure she knows that you're a good guy" he says, back looking at his feet.

"Arrasso. Gomawo-yo. Now can you pleasae get back inside? You are already reeks cigarettes!" I know he's hiding something from me, but I don't think he's going to give in today so I'll let this one slide.

"You go in first, I'll finish this last one" he says, now looking back at me.

I can see in his eyes that he is despondent, broken, but I can't help him. Because I don't know what's bothering him, I just get back inside leaving him alone with his thoughts and cigarette.

I bump into Cheryl in the hallway. Her face is slightly red and she keeps on looking on the ground that she almost missed me.

"Are you busy?" I notice she walks a little faster than usual.

"A-anniyo" she answers, blush maybe because she didn't expect to bump into me again.

"Then come hang with us!" instinctively I grab her arms and dragging her to the common room to meet the rest of the guys.

"Guys! This is the new girl! Cheryl, this is the guys. That's DaeSung, and that's SeungHyung hyung" I say,grinning from ear to ear, when we finally reach the room. The rest of the guys quite shock with me suddenly bringing her in.

"A-annyeonghaseyo, Cheryl ibnida" she bows and I can see the others are taken by her charms immediately. She wears a summer dress that complements her skin tone beautifully and her smell, oh I can bathe in it if I could.

"Annyeonghaseyo, SeungHyun ibnida" hyung takes the initiatives and return her bows first before the rest of the guys stands, following him.

"Annyeonghaseyo, DaeSung ibnida"

"Annyeong, Cheryl. You look nice today" SeungRi can't forget his flirtatious ways and as expected, hyung smacks his head with a pillow.

"A..a.. Kamsahabnida" she blushes again.

"Do you want to join us?" DaeSung offer her with his famous smile.

"Err.. I.." Before she can finish her sentences, JiYong comes in with a loud noise by stomping his feet and stops as soon as he realise that Cheryl is here.

The room becomes eerily quiet as Cheryl looks at JiYong in a way that I can't quite decipher, while JiYong seems uncomfortable.

"I have to go. I got an appointment at the salon. Its nice to finally meet you guys. I hope we can meet again soon" she quickly finish her sentences and bows before she flash her beautiful smile and dash off the room leaving us dazed and confused.

Eottokhae-yo, yeorobun?? i dont know which one i should go for.. YoungBae or JiYong?? - A