The Revelation

Little Thing Called L

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?” His eyes locks into mine, hopeful, and he grabs my hands with too much force that it hurts a little.

His face is softer than before when he barged in like a maniac. I can see traces of blood from his nose that has been wipe off callously. What is going on to this man? He seems disoriented with eyes that filled with rage. His facial expression is stiff, like he’s thinking about something else.

“Oppa…” I try to speak up but a little scared of him.

“Don’t think, just say yes” He pressures me. His tone changes into something darker again. His eyes become more demanding, as if he is threatening me.

“What are you doing?” I ask him softly, a little annoyance can be seen from my voice. This is not the YoungBae I know.

My question throws him off and I can see that he lost for words.

He falls down and sits on his heels and sighs. His hands that are holding mine are now slowly letting go. His head falls, and he looks at the floor. He seems daunt. His body is no longer tense and his hands are no longer shaking as much.

“What is going on?” I say sympathetically. I need to understand the situation. This YoungBae freaks me out.

“I want you to be my girlfriend. THAT'S what’s going on!!” His face snap back to me, and his eyes are fiery. His tone is dark and it’s like he’s in no mood for any small talk

I tilt my head in confusion. “But…. Why?”

He jumps out in surprise of my simple question. He raises his eyebrows, eyes widen and his mouth opens.

“Did you not hear what I just told you a minute ago??” His volume rises and his voice is annoyed. I can see a perfect v shaped between his eyebrows.

“I did. I just don’t understand why” I say calmly, locking my eyes onto his.

“What?!” He is exasperated by my indifference. After he ruffles his hair in desperation, he put his hands on my lap to support his weight and he is starting to kneel back in front of me.

He sighs and continues, with a calmer tone. “I said I…” He starts to throw all of those words to me again before I stop him.

“You’ve been messaging HyeMi eonni” I say, my tone is calm with my eyes still on him.

He stuns, and I can see his whole determination crumbles beneath him. His hands grow weaker against my thigh. He tries to let out words, but he can only mumbles, making small sounds instead.  Not knowing what to say, he looks everywhere around but me.

I grab his face with my two hands, and tilt his head so he’s facing me. I look him straight in the eye and I can see his eyes are shivering. For some reason, I see shades of guilt running through his dark brown eyes.

“Oppa, you don’t love me. You never do.” I try to make him see what I’ve been seeing since the day we’ve talked.

He shakes his head left and right vigorously, with both my palms still attached to the sides of his head. His hands are now gripping on my thigh and I think it’ll leave a mark.

“NO! I LOVE YOU! I DO!” He shouts, without realizing the close proximity between his face and mine, making my ears hurt.

I sigh. “No you don’t oppa. You like HyeMi eonni. You might even already love her. I don’t know. But one thing is certain” I pull his face closer “You, Dong YongBae, don’t love me”

I can see his pupils elated, and his lips parted. He stuns again for the n-th time today.

“No, I love you, and right now, I want to make you mine” he says, weakly. I can see tears are pooling on either side of his eyes.

“Do you want to test it?” I keep my tone calm but my sentences seem to intrigues him as his eyebrow shoots up.

“How?” he asks curiously.

“Have you seen the movie called 27 Dresses?” I ask and he shakes his head.

“Well, they say that if you love someone, you can tell it by a kiss” I explain slowly, like I am talking to a little boy.

“Huh?” his eyebrow come to one as a visible v shaped on his forehead again.

Without any warning, I grab him face closer to mine, and put my lips onto him. His eyes wide open in shock and I can feel a sudden intake of breath from him. His lips feel soft against mine, but that’s it. I feel nothing, like I’m kissing my sister. He slowly closes his eyes in an attempt to make this kiss more meaningful and I follow.

One…. two…. three…. FOUR.

I pull away his face, keeping my hands on either side of his head. I look at him, satisfied. He snap opens his eyes and he looks at me, bewildered. He better understand it now.

“How do you feel?” I ask, smirking.

“Well…” he blushes red, and scratching the back of his neck. He look everywhere but me. He is embarrassed.

I let go of his head, and lean back on the chair. “Come on, tell me”

“It was…. Nice?” He says, finally. His ears are completely red and he can’t even make eye contact with me. I chuckles and sigh in relieve.

“Oppa” I lean back closer to him. “A kiss shouldn’t be ‘nice’. It should be powerful, like fireworks going off in your heart. It should be intimate, as if the world shuts down and it is only you and the other person. It should be magical, like fairies are fluttering their wings in your tummy. For a kiss to be special, it should be shared with a special person.” I explain. I know he’s never dated but come on this is like a playgroup materials! He looks at me like he just got enlightened.

“And I, Oppa, am NOT your special person” I concludes, and lean back, satisfied for able to teach him a life lesson. No, a LOVE lesson.

He sits on his heels and looks at me, daze.

“Oh come on, oppa! Please tell me you get it!” His silence scares me. Seriously, I’d shoot my self if that kiss stunt backfires.

“But I thought…” he finally speaks up. Confusion is clear on his face.

I sigh, and try to make him understand it more. “Okay, say IF I agrees...” He starts nodding his head. “… AND we start to date…” his nodding become more enthusiastic as he smiles. “…AND we tell EVERYONE about it…” his nods too excitedly, bobbing his Mohawk along and his smile turns into a wide grin. “…THEN…. of course HyeMi eonni would also know.” I finish and instantly his smile is no longer there, replaced by fear, panic and anxiety. It seems that he can pieces together what I've been trying to tell him as his eyes becomes unfocus.

I wait, wait for everything to slowly sink in his head. I know he is macho and manly and buff, but goddamnit he is so gullable!

After a minute of revelation, he finally looks up to me and gives me a boyish smile.

I chuckle. Thank God, he gets it!

“I’m a complete pabo, aren’t I?” He snickers as he rubs the back of his neck.

“No you’re not. You just haven’t got the right one yet” I smile warmly as he make his way to the couch, dropping his whole body on it.

“Have you?” he asks. His voice felt calmer now, friendlier.

“If I tell you, I would have to kill you.” I smirk.

“Hahaha… playing mysterious. Nice” He smiles. He seems relieved, as if something just got off from his chest. He looks onto the ceiling and I leave him with his thought.

I played the music on the speaker, to let him listen to it as I put some adjustments. From the tinted recording glass, I can see he’s nodding his head to the beat. Pft, dancers. Always enjoying the beats.

“Tell me, Chae. How do you know about my feelings to HyeMi?” He asks while playing with the keychain on his phone.

“I saw you smile, grin, chuckles and beam whenever you play with your phone. It doesn’t take a genius to notice. AND, I met HyeMi eonni yesterday and you guys were texting. It amazes me how fast you reply, when it’ll take at least half an hour for you to reply mine” I answer, still busy with the music.

“Aigoo~ are you jealous?” He teases. Look at how a revelation can change a man! Half an hour ago he was begging for me, now he looks so contented.

“Dream on, kid. I just rejected you, remember?” I scoff him off and he laughs. His laugh sounds nice, its sounds free.

I turn my chair and grins. He is playing with his phone as he held it up on top of his face and flicks the little bearbrick that hanging from it.

“HyeMi eonni is at karaoke in HongDae, she’ll be done any minute now, and she is probably drunk. Hmm… I wonder who’ll take her drunken body home…” I say teasingly, making him jerks his head in my direction and lose his grip on his phone. His phone landed beautifully on his jaw and I laugh.

He rubs his jaw as he sits up straight and pull on his hoodie. His put his phone safely on his back pocket and stands. He looks at me, and grins.

“Go get her, tiger!” I slap his as he makes his way in front of me, making him laugh even louder and starts to sprint outside the studio.

I busy myself with the songs that needs editing. One more song, and I can go home. I check each and every song thoroughly, making sure I have perfected everything. Fifteen minutes after YoungBae oppa left, my phone rings.

“Yeobuseyo?” I pick it up, keeping my eyes on the computer screen.

“How do you explain all those feelings I had for you?” YoungBae oppa’s voice is on the other end. I smile.

“You don’t love me in a romantic way, Oppa. It’s platonic, and I would I argue that it’s stronger than romance, for you can’t get rid of your sister but you sure as hell can get rid of your girlfriend” I explain and laugh lightly at my own joke. I love him, I do. Just not in that way. I am certain that he is too.

“How do you know I don’t love you in that way?” he doesn’t seem satisfied with my answer, still pressing for more.

“Because your eyes don’t sparkle at me, the way they do to HyeMi eonni” I answer simply and I can sense his contented smile.
 




TA-DA!! Did you guys expect that?? kekeke...

You have no idea how long do I have to contemplate from which POV am I going to take from last chapter! I hope you guys enjoy this one cos I tossed and turned for a while just to decide on this.

Anyway, because of comments, I got so happy and start writing so quickly I didn't even notice the time! ^ ^

Come on guysss, little COMMENTS and NEW SUBSCRIBERS really make my day, so comee and write up some little feedbacks and click that red button that says "Subscribe to Story" and make my day :)