The Unknown

Little Thing Called L

 

The sky is now clear, after a while ago was decorated by beautiful fireworks. YoungBae oppa sits comfortably next to me on this paddleboat that floating leisurely following the movement of the water. He stares to the sky, seems to be deep in his own thoughts. For some reason, he feels different, like something is bothering him. But I don’t want to be a busy body and press him for a story. If he feels like talking, he’ll tell me.

He must’ve prepared a lot for this. The snacks, the location and even the fireworks! I feel appreciated. No one has ever done this to me. Even though I tend to hate surprises, this one is an exception. His face lights up as he showed off all the things that he prepared. He looks young being free like this. But even though his lips smile, his eyes seem to be missing something, like someone has taken the light out. I know something is wrong, he just wont tell.

Suddenly, I hear a grumble coming from the person next to me. I look at him, and he is holding on his tummy in a fail attempt to hide the sound. His face is red.

“HAHAHA OPPA!” I punched him playfully. “Bbaliwa lets get back and have some proper dinner!” I start paddling and he obliged with his red face and a giggle.

“Aish… This is embarrassing! Why does my tummy need to do that?!” we land on the dry land but he still hasn’t recover from his embarrassment

“Don’t worry, oppa! My tummy always show off when it feels empty too” I try to ease him. His face is so red, making me feel bad for laughing earlier.

“Hey, since you’ve planned all these, why don’t I decide on where to eat tonight?” I try to change the subject, as we got on the car.

“Jinjja? Where?” he asks.

“There’s this good gopchang place in Jongno! I went there with my eonni back then. It’s nice and cozy! You want?” I got excited thinking about it.

“Ah…” he seems uncertain and uncomfortable. In an instant, I catch on.

“Oh my God!! I forgot that you’re a celebrity!!” An honest mistake, really. Spending the whole afternoon outside, playing with him, makes me forget that he’s not a regular man. “Alright, I don’t know any hidden place, so I guess I can’t decide where to eat” I can’t hide my disappointment.

“Hey, no, it’s fine. We can go there. I’m sure I can manage to hide myself. Hyung, you have a mask?” He consoles me and tries to find a way to disguise himself.

After covering himself with facemask, beanie and spectacles, he grins.

“How do I look?” he says, satisfied.

“Daebak! I can’t tell that it’s you!” I’m being sincere. His choice of pink beanie alone makes him different and as he usually wears shades, spectacles make him unnoticeable.

The car shoots us to Jongno in no time. I gave the address earlier to YoungBae oppa’s manager so he simply follows the GPS. Thank God the traffic is not bad either, so our mood is still good from earlier.

We arrive at this small place in this packed neighborhood. I think even if people realize who’s the guy I am with, they wouldn’t believe it since a celebrity wouldn’t go to this kind of neighborhood. Me, I like this kind of place. It feels more authentic!

As we steps out of the car, and walk to the restaurant, I hear someone calls my name.

“Chae?” she shouts.

I turn and I spot her. HyeMi eonnie is walking in our direction wearing her work attire. She wears a tight pencil skirt and a white ruffle blouse with black stilettos. Her hair is slightly curly at the end and she put them all in one side, exposing her long neck. She doesn’t look petite anymore, she looks like a fox!

“Eonnie!” I hug her, as she got closer. She giggles and hugs me back.

“Omo! What are you doing here?” she asks, as she examines my face. “Chae-ah, you’ve been playing in the sun, haven’t you?”

“Hahaha neh eonnie… I want to eat gopchang, ofcourse!” I say.

“Alone?” she asks, and I soon realize that YoungBae oppa stands a little too far from me.

“Eh? Er… I…” I don’t know how I should answer. Should I expose YoungBae oppa, or shouldn’t I?

“Wait, is that….” She examines YoungBae oppa that stands awkwardly against the wall.

“GOTJIMAL!” she screams and I quickly cover .

“Is that Taeyang?!” she asks, barely audible because of my hand.

“Ne~ but don’t shout. We don’t want any commotion, do we?” I whisper in her ears. My hand is still covering .

“Aish jinjja! Arrasso!” She gets irritated and pulls my hand that covers .

“Do you want to have dinner with us, eonnie?” I invite her. The more, the merrier!

“Why? I don’t want to disturb your date” She sounds jealous.

“Eonnie, a date? At a place like this? Come on” I try to reason with her. Seriously, how many times do I have to convince her that nothing is going on between him and I!

“Are you sure?” she still looks reluctant.

“Oppa, come here!” I signal YoungBae oppa to come closer. “You still remember HyeMi eonnie?”

“Ah…” he sounds relieved. “Ne~ annyeonghaseyo HyeMi-ssi” he slightly bows.

“A-a-anyeonghaseyo” she replies. Her face is red. I think she loves it when her name being spoken by YoungBae oppa.

“I invite her to come have dinner with us. That’s okay, right oppa?” I ask him, to show eonnie that it is really fine to join us dinner.

“Eh? Yeah, sure” he looks surprise for a second but soon agrees.

“Kaja!!” I grab both eonni’s and oppa’s hand and drag them inside.

We sit in the far corner of the restaurant. YoungBae oppa sits facing the wall to prevent any incidents. We order 3 sets of gochang and a bottle of soju. Koreans love their intestines paired with soju. As a Korean, I am embracing the culture.

I occasionally caught YoungBae oppa having a glimpse at HyeMi eonnie that can’t stop playing with her fingernails. He looks at her from top to bottom, as if checking whether what he sees is right. HyeMi eonnie loves wearing oversized tops, making her looks smaller. But this time, with a working outfit like this, she looks hot! No wonder YoungBae oppa can’t take his eyes off her.

“Where were you heading, eonnie?” I start the conversation. It seems to me that these two kids wouldn’t, so I have to step in.

“I was heading home, of course. I live in the neighborhood! You forgot, Chae?” she answers, finally looks up.

“Ah maja! I never went to your place, though!” I protest.

“Well, when we have the time, come hang out!” she says to me, cheerfully.

“Am I invited?” YoungBae oppa suddenly speaks up, but as soon as the words come out of his mouth, he regrets it straight away. His cheeks blush.

“Eh? A…a… ne~” HyeMi eonni is surprise by his question and answers as she look back to her fingers and blush.

The food comes and we grill straight away. I know YoungBae oppa is really hungry so I put most of the meat on the pan. The table is now full with condiments and the smell is simply divine. I see HyeMi eonnie is already eye-ing the meat that almost cook. Despite her small figure, she eats surprisingly a lot.

Some of the meat is already cooked, but before any of us can take one, HyeMi eonnie grabs 4 cuts with her chopsticks and eat them straightaway. I laugh at her funny expression, but YoungBae oppa stuns by her eagerness to eat and simply stares. As soon as she realize who she has for company she quickly bows.

“Juisonghabnida~ I don’t know what comes into me. It’s food. I’m an addict” she apologizes comically, making YoungBae oppa and I laugh.

“Gwaencanayo… I didn’t know you like to eat, you look so thin” YoungBae oppa says as he looks at her. His gaze is warm, and this time, I think I spot a sparkle.

“Ne~ I don’t get fat… some say it’s blessing, but being small is bad too, they keep asking ID when I go to clubs” HyeMi eonnie says. I can sense she is getting comfortable having dinner with her idol as she can comfortably makes jokes.

“hahaha… jinjja? Well, good for you, you don’t have to go to gym!” YoungBae oppa seems to be enjoying his conversation with HyeMi eonnie that he doesn’t realize that I’ve put some meat on his plate.

“Yeah, that’s true. But I got blown away by wind too easily” she continues on with her joke and YoungBae oppa seems to be enjoying it far too much as he laugh at everything she says.

“OPPA! I thought you’re hungry!” I chimed in, stopping their conversation. I know she’s funny and all, but the meat is going to be burnt!

“Ah miyanhae…” he blushes and stuffs his mouth with gopchang.

We eat and cook while we talk, gossip and jokes mostly about anything. HyeMi eonnie’s wit warms the awkward atmosphere and she’s now seems to be relax sitting across YoungBae oppa and can now return his gaze. Most of the time I feel like I’m being left out, as they talk so fast in Hangeul. I’m getting better, but their pace is too advance for a novice like me.

YoungBae oppa seems to be enjoying this too. He doesn’t take his eye away from HyeMi eonnie and only pretend to look at something else when HyeMi eonnie caught him staring. It looks like YoungBae oppa slightly forget about the trouble that was clouding him this afternoon. He looks bright, like when he was playing with the swing.

After we finish our 3rd bottle of soju, we decide to head home. YoungBae oppa insists on paying even though we’ve already taken out some money from our wallet. He says that it’s not polite for a guy to let girls pay, especially if the guy is the oldest. I can see that he was raised well.

HyeMi eonni’s apartment is only a distance away and YoungBae oppa hinted that we should take her home first. YoungBae oppa doesn’t seem to want to part with HyeMi eonni and I don’t think he realizes it. It’s cute how gullible he is about this thing.

As we make our way to the car, my phone vibrates and “Boss” is written on the screen.

“yeobuseyo” I quickly answers.

“Cheryl-ssi, I’m sorry to bother you at this time, but can you come by the office?” he asks.

“Yes, sir. Of course” I panic from his sudden phone call. “now?”

“Yes, now. I’ll see you at the office then” he hangs up.

. This is scary. I haven’t met him since I’ve arrived and I’ve only met him once during that interview. He’s my boss now! His voice sounds serious in a no-bull kind of way, and it scares me. Did I do anything wrong? I feel like a student, getting a detention slip.

“Oppa, I have to go back to the office now. Something important!” my voice is shaking, panic.

“Aish jinjja??” he’s flusters. I can tell he doesn’t want to leave just yet and I don’t want to ruin it for him.

“Oppa, can you take eonnie home? I’ll take taxi from here. arraso? Annyeong, eonnie!” I instruct YoungBae oppa without waiting for his reply and run to the street to search for a taxi. I can hear both are screaming my name but I pretend to not hear and jump on the first taxi that stops for me.

In the taxi, my phone vibrates again. Holy God please don’t let it be the boss.

“Yeobuseyo?” I answer without looking at the caller ID first.

“Cheryl-ah, where are you going?! I should take you!!” YoungBae oppa’s voice is slightly raised, annoyed.

“Oppa, I’m on my way to the office. I’m fine. I’m sorry I didn’t bow a proper thanks, but I’m in a rush. Thank you so much for today, oppa! It was an amazing welcome gesture! But now, you should take care of HyeMi eonni, ok?” I say my thanks, with a little cheeky hint at the end.

“What are you talking about?! I took you out, I should be the one to take you back!” his voice is more annoyed.

“Just company HyeMi eonnie home, ok?” I don’t get his frustration! He was ogling over her, but now he is mad when I give them time alone?

“My plan was spending the night with YOU, not with your eonni!” his voice softer this time but with the same intonation. I think he’s scared that HyeMi eonni might hear.

“I’ll make it up to you okay? Just take my eonni home safe, please…” I give up. This man is so frustrating! I was almost invisible during dinner, now that I left, he gets annoyed?!

“Aish! Arraso. You will have to make it up to me, ok? I’ll make the next plan, and you have to agree to whatever it is. Deal?” He sounds calmer.

“Yes, yes, fine. Deal” I simply agree.

“Okay, have a safe journey back!” he sounds satisfied and hangs up.

Both YoungBae oppa and HyeMi eonni never dated before, it’ll be interesting to see what they talk about on the way to HyeMi eonni’s place. I understand why YoungBae oppa never dated before, probably because of his dream job, but I don’t really understand why eonni hasn’t. She’s attractive, fun, smart and, as I notice earlier, damn y! I’m pretty sure men falls on her lap easily.

SeungHee eonni told me last time that she tried to be a cupid for HyeMi eonni but always fails. She said that the guys are all fall over heels for HyeMi eonni but she simply refused. She said she didn’t feel any spark or simply saying that the guy was boring. But this time, if this works, maybe I can be the cupid! YoungBae oppa is her idol, so I don’t think she won’t feel any sparks or finds him boring. She’ll thank me!

I arrive at the office and quickly dash off to the top level. Last time I was here, Mr. G-Dragon was escorting me. He showed off his ID badge that can shoot him up to the top level. Hah! Now I got the same badge as him. er! I stupidly grin at the thought.

I knock and I can hear a muffled sound “come in”. I open the door slightly and peek my head in first. Oh God please help me.

The room is cold with the dimmed light. The floor-to-ceiling windows show the dark sky makes the atmosphere gloomier. On the wall, standing a gigantic transformer-like toy greets me as if it says ‘come at your own discretion’. This is my second time in this room but this huge thing always surprises me.

Yang Hyung Suk-ssi is sitting on the one seat chair, waiting for me. As he notices my presence, he signals me to come to sit on the sofa next to him. His not smiling, neither is he frowning. His expression is impassive so I can’t really guess his intention. I follow his instruction and sit down quietly. I feel like a huge storm is coming, so I look down, too scared to look up.

“Cheryl-ssi, how are you?” he asks. His voice is cold, no emotion.

“I’m good, sajangnim.” I timidly answers.

“You might be wondering why I call you here, right?” he asks, this time, I can his smirk.

“Ne~” I answer.

“Well, its about your contract….” He starts.




안녕하세요 여러분 ^ ^ how is this update? i like the comments so much that it takes me less time to write :p

THANK YOU for subscribing, commenting or simply read this story!! i hope i can get MORE subscribers and more comments soon!! ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ

So, what do you think about HyeMi-ssi and YoungBae's reaction towards her? ^ ^

Stay tuned for whatever it is that YG Papa has to say for Chae and those who hasn't subscribe, comeeee ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ

Again, GAMSAHABNIDA YEOREOBUN !