Past and Dreams

Im not her!

I find the comments really interesting... I love you guys!!

 

 

[Flashback June 1992]

 

Gwangju

 

 

“What is happening?” A lot of workers are already fixing their things and tidying up the workplace.

“Oh Park, Why are you always behind the current news?”An old man chuckled. “Remember what I told you about Mr. Kim’s wife not having any bearing any child?”

Park Ye Sung nodded.

 

 

“Well we were wrong. She just gave birth so she was pregnant when we saw her, quite a shocker if you ask me but they deserve it all the same. So the whole administration decided to celebrate.”

“Really? That good then. Do we get to visit her in the hospital?”

“Ani, they said she had a hard time giving birth, I don’t know exactly but there had been complications.”

 

“Oh really?”He gulped. “My wife is also pregnant, I hope there won’t be any complications.”

 

“What? You’re still quite young to have a wife… Young people these days…” He started to shake his head. “Then have her check… ”

 

“I’m still saving up, may be sometime before her delivery…”

 

“So you haven’t visited the doctor yet?”

 

“Jiyeon is quite healthy, also she refused to go to the doctor just for a checkup she said it’s a waste of money.” He stated with a bit of shame. He knows her wife just want to help in saving up for the expenses in giving birth. But being married in just an early age because he got his girlfriend pregnant he can’t do anything about their present situation. He’s lucky enough to be accepted in his job so he’s trying his best not to screw it up.

 

“Is that so? It’s really hard these days, right?” He patted Yesung’s shoulder and put on his hard hat on. “But some people are just lucky with their lives… I don’t know if I should pity them or be envious of them… Being rich has its good and bad sides…” He left Yesung who still is contemplating the words he just heard.

 

 

 

 

::

 

 

Few months later…

 

“Not again Park!” The grumbling voice of their site manager echoed through the whole area. “This is the tenth set you broke. “This will go out of your salary and I’ll report this to the President!” He reprimanded.

“Sorry sir, I’m sorry please sir, I badly need this job. It won’t happen again.”

“I’ve heard this apology millions of time. This is already beyond my control.” He walked away and shouted at the next person to him.

I really screwed it up. Jiyeon will kill me.’ Yesung put his hard hat down and looked at the shattered glass before him. ‘why do this need to happen?’ He lazily went out of the site and walked carefully towards the president’s office. He deeply breathes to calm his nerves and prepare himself for the worse. He was about to knock on the door when he heard the president shouting on the phone. He couldn’t help himself but overhear his statements.

 

 

“What do you mean you can’t do anything?! I’m paying you a whole lot of money to do your job. I could buy the whole hospital for God sake just make my daughter live!”

 

‘What is he talking about? Does he mean his baby?’

 

“No, don’t let Soo Young have a clue on this. Just tell her the baby still is on preparation for the operation or whatever!”

“I don’t care if she haven’t seen our child for five months! She can’t see the baby at that state. Do your job and I’ll be there tonight…”

 

Yesung gulped as he heard the call concluded. He was about to walk away when the site manager appeared from behind. “What are you waiting for? Go inside now. I called him about this.” He knocked on the door and heard footsteps nearing them.

 

“Come in…” The face of the President is still flushed. He looks like he is really not in the good mood right now. But his voice already is moderately calm and he sounded professional.

 

“Park Yesung right? The site manager called in saying you’ve done quite damage on the site. Broke a total of 10 glass walls.”

 

“N-neh… but I’m really sorry Sajangnim. I tend to get a bit distracted at times.”

 

“Well what is distracting you , may I ask?”

“Again, I’m really sorry sir, it’s just that we barely had anything to eat, not to mention my wife is due to give birth this month. I know this is a lame excuse but my head just want to explode if ever the idea gets to my head at times.”

“I see, you’re quite young to have a family right now but you said she will give birth this month?”

 

“Yes…”

 

He nodded. “You’re blessed to have a child early on your marriage…” He smiled forcibly. Yesung couldn’t help but feel sorry for his boss because of what he just heard. Obviously there is a problem with their baby.

 

 

“So, is the baby a she or a he?” He asked with a visible smile on his face.

“Actually, we don’t know yet. We haven’t visited the doctor because we can’t afford the monthly check up. My wife is quite healthy and we’re saving up for the big thing, her delivery.”

“Uhmmm… okay Yesung, I’ll accept your apology for now for your family’s sake. No more distracting business okay. Don’t think about the cost but be inspired by your wife and baby.” He said in a comforting manner.

“Really Sajangnim?… Yes sir. Thank you very much sir. I’m really grateful, you don’t know how much this means to me.” Yesung repeatedly bowed in great appreciation until the door opened revealing a panting co-worker.

 

 

 

“Excuse Mr. President but Yesung, you’re wife….”He said in between breaths. “Your wife…She brought you lunch..b-but she slipped near the site.”

 

“WHAT?!” the two chorused.

 

He hastily went out of the office followed by the president. After exiting, he saw the swarm of people in commotion.

 

“Jiyeon?! Jiyeon?!” He shouted at the top of his voice. The group immediately backed away giving him a clear view of his wife in a pool of blood. He ran to her side as she screamed in pain. “Aaahh!!!!”

 

“Yesung, the hospital is near here! Come on, I’ll drive you there, my car is nearest…”

 

 

 

 

::

 

 

“Thank you Mr. President, I really owe you big time. I don’t know what could’ve happened if we didn’t get here on time.” Yesung sighed hanging his head low. “But this hospital is really expensive, I don’t know how we will pay-”

They are now seated near the emergency room waiting for the doctor for news about Jiyeon.

“Don’t worry about it for now. My wife and baby are also here so we’ll back you for now.”

 

“Oh, this is too much already Mr. President…”

 

“Nah, Let’s just hope she’ll deliver the baby safely neh?!” Yesung nodded as he fidgeted in his seat. He could hear his wife screaming in pain but he can’t do anything but forcefully close his eyes and share the suffering from what he can hear. They remained that way for an hour until the doctor emerged out of the emergency room. They stood up and went near him.

 

 

 

“Doctor how is she? Is she okay?”

He smiled and nodded his head. “She’s safe from any harm but she grew very tired so we had to perform Caesarian section delivery. But don’t worry, she’s really okay now.” Relief shot throughout his system. “And the baby?”

“You mean babies? Congratulations, she gave birth to 2 healthy beautiful girls.”


 

 

 


 

 

 

Dara POV

 

 

“Omma!”

“Dara?!” I ran towards her as she stood from her seat. Visible marks of dried tears were etched on her pale face.

“Omma, What happened?!” I continued to hug her as tears slowly poured out of my eyes.

 

“I don’t know too… I was out of the house until Sanghyun called me in and shouted about your dad fainting.” She explained while trembling. I held her hand to help her calm down.

 

“Where is Sanghyun?”

 

“He went out to gather things at home. After your dad’s operation, he needs to be confined to be observed.”

“Everything is going to be fine Mrs. Park” Minho helped me to calm her down.

 

“Minho-yah?” She let out a surprise yelp.

 

“Omma, Minho drove me here, he’s studying at YLP too.” I explained.

 

“Atleast I know you aren’t lonely there, you’re Appa had been worried about you . You haven’t been calling us lately.” Mom forced out a smile to Minho. I don’t know but it seems like my mom approves of him so I think she already hinted about my relationship with Minho during my junior high.

 

“Schoolwork piled up so I was really busy Omma, I’m sorry for not calling.” I bowed my head low as I regret not finding time to call them. ‘What if Appa…? No, nothing bad will happen.’

 

 

Silence engulfed us as we stare at the door in front of us.

 

 

:: 

 

 

The doctor rushed out of the operating room and walked near us. From the look his wearing now, I know there’s no good news.

Omma anxiously walked to meet him and we followed her. “How is he doc?”

“You are the patient’s family?”

“Neh, he’s my husband…Doc, how is he?”

He casted an apologetic smile towards my mother. “We’re done with the operation right now and he’s condition already stabilized…But…”

My heart started to pound as he looked at me. “…we tried our best tobut his body is already paralyzed and it is critical he be admitted to intensive care unit. He is not in comatose as he is awake but he cannot respond to anything right now. We are not sure how long it’ll be like this so he needs to stay here so we can to monitor his condition.”

I could hear my mom wailed beside me as Minho rushed to her to support her. I remained like a statue in my position. He is basically like a dead person. Why him? Why Appa?

 

 

 

 

::

 

 

“TOP, TOP, TOP!” The booming voice echoed throughout the room.

 

My bag toppled down the floor after I reached out for the flush. I frowned as I saw few of my things scattered on the floor. ‘Aisht, Talk about a bad day!’ I helplessly went down the floor to retrieve those. My hands grew a little dirty so I immediately went out of the cubicle into the sink.

I’m washing my hands on the sink as I look at my reflection in the mirror. Something that sparkled in the corner of my eyes caught my attention. I leaned nearer to get a closer look. ‘I thought I put this in my bag already.’ I reached for the bracelet and wore it on my hand. I looked at the mirror one last time while I wiggled the water out of my hands. The bracelet slided out of my hand but I caught it right in time so I decided to just keep it to my bag again.

“Maybe I’ll just wear this later once my hands are already dry…”

 

 

I walked out of the door only to be welcomed by a very bright light that blocks my view.  The brightness encircled upon me.

 

 

‘ BEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP’

 

 

 

 

 (maybe this dream is connected to the chapter 3,TOP's name being familiar...I don't know...hmm...What do you think?....)


i'll stop here for now...Comments?

Thanks everyone!!!