His Turn

Im not her!

 

I hope this update suits your definition of a long chapter..

(this was supposedly cut into two but I don't know where to properly cut the scene...so no cliffhanger for y'all)

 

 

Dara POV

 

 "Dara! Are you okay?" Han Byul concerned voice ring into my ears.

Right after the scene with Jiyong in the school, I immediately headed to Han Byul's apartment. I ran out of the gate as fast as i could and hid myself in a corner after i heard Minho and Hyun Joong following me while shouting my name in search of me. 'No, I can't face them after what happened. I'll bet they'll be asking tons of questiona regarding that awful kiss scene with Jiyong. Bluurgh.I myself can't answer my own questions! AIgooooooo..' Right after they passed on the spot where I am hiding, I quickly took the bus going to Hongdae.

 

'Tok... tok... tok...'

 

I heard another knock coming from the door. "Dara, you've been in the bathroom for 30 minutes now. Is there a..." She paused as she sneezed. I heard her sniffed hard before she continued, "..a problem? Come on tell me."

Yeah, I've been in the bathroom for 30 minutes. Actually, I headed straight to the bathroom the moment Han Byul opened the door and here I am brushing my teeth for the umpteenth time. I stared at my reflection still with a toothbrush on my mouth, 'What was he thinking? That bastard has really lost his sanity.'

 

I gargled first before answering Han Byul's calls. "Neh, I'm fine. I'll be out a minute."

"Chin cha-yo?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just my stomach, I think I ate something bad during lunch.” I frowned as i remember Jiyong's face. "A very spoiled food…"

 

"Okay then..."

 

I washed my face and stared again at my reflection. 'And i think i'm crazier by kissing him back.'

'It’s because you like him...'my subconscious blurted out.

'What?! That's impossible…I could never ever like such kind of person...I mean, who would like that kind of person who gets angry and shouts at you for no reason and now kissing you all of a sudden for  you to be embarrassed in front of the whole school.... I'm sure his planning something against me... '

'But you still like him.' the stubborn subconcious still insisted.

"NOOO! NEVER!" I shouted at the mirror.

 

 

Han Byul's voice again interrupted me behind the door, "Dara, are you saying something to me?"

"Ani, I'm just...practicing my voice...NNNOOOOOOO....NEEEEVVEEER..."I managed to defend myself.

 

"You're really weird today Dara...Crazy rabbit..." I could hear the footsteps of Han Byul slowly fading.

 

'Aigoo, his craziness really is contagious...'

 

 

 

::

 

 

 

"Good thing you're done already... Aiiichhoooo...I'm sorry about that. It seems like I caught a cold yesterday."

I looked at Byul's form as I stepped out of the bathroom. Her face was pale but her nose was somewhat reddish. Her eyes look swollen and she's sniffing hard with a tissue in her hand. Oh my, why didn't I notice this? I'm such a bad friend.

"Oh Byul... you look totally sick. I'm sorry if I didn't notice it fast... barging in your house, when you should be resting..."I bowed as I felt sorry for my actions.

"That's okay, it's nothing. Besides I'm not resting. I'm gonna prepare....Aicchhhoooooo...."She sniffed again before she continued, "...for later."

"Are you serious? You can barely talk and have you seen the mirror, you look...." I paused thinking of the right term to use as to not offend Han Byul's feelings," ...really sick. The customers might get the colds too. Come on, I'll tell manager that you can't really make it today. Please rest."

"I can't, nobody will be filling up my spot. They'll be one waitress short in the bar and dance section."She said with slumped shoulders.

"I'll fill up for you then…"

"Dara! How many times do I have to tell you that those people there are...." She worriedly warned me.

“You think I'm no match against them? I didn't know you think so low of me Byul, I'm actually hurt." I mockingly acted to be hurt.

"Tsk, Drama Queen!"

"Rest for today ooookay? For me?   Pleeeeeassse?!"

"You're such a kid Dara..." We laughed as we both know she can’t resist my charms.

 

 

 

 

 

::

 

In the club…

 

 

"Where is Han Byul?" I heard a man asked our manager. I'm readying myself in a corner as I picture out the possible scenarios that will happen tonight.

 

 'Watch your temper DARA!!!' Those were the words that Han Byul etched in my mind before I left. I hope so too.

 

"She called in sick."I heard our manager answer.

"Oh that's a shame. I went here to see her..."

"Oh I'm really sorry .please sir, I hope you will still enjoy yourself."

 

I glanced at the man from the dark corner and saw a very pretty man at the wine and alcohol bar. After his talk with the manager, his eyes steadied on the glass before him. He smiled a bit and then turned his seat around to now face the dance floor. 'Does he fancy her?' Oh, I think they would look good together.

 

"Dara!" I heard the manager called out my name.

 

I quickly went out of the corner into his place which was a few steps away from the man.

"Neh sir?"

"You will have to help  Gayoon here at the bar and at times take orders of the members at their tables." he pointed out at the cozy tables located near the dance floor. "That's Han Byul's job. I'm pretty sure you'll do well. Okay? And tell your friend to rest well."

"Neh sir." he left me as he went to the other side of the corner to talk to Gayoon to further instruct her.

 

"You're Han Byul's friend?" I was taken aback by the voice and faced the direction it was coming from. 'Omo, it's the pretty face man.'

I tried to act as nonchalant as possible, "Yes sir. Do you need anything?"

"How is she? What's her sickness? Where is she?" His face full of concern.

"Okay, I'll answer it one by one. She's okay, she got a cold and she's resting at her house now. Why do you act so concern?"

"Oh..it's nothing..."He now he's blushing.

"Ehe?"

"Okay okay."He scratch his head in embarrassment before he confessed, "I like her... There I said it. Are you happy now?"

 

I could only smile widely at his shy admission.

"So do you know if she has a boyfriend?"

 

I pursed my lips as I decide of whether to answer his questions, "Just because you said you like her doesn't mean I should answer your questions about her right?...I could totally see you as having a playboy image, not the serious type..., I know the likes of you...If you just want to get under her pants...It's not gonna work mister!"

 

"Wooh, easy there missy, careful with the insults." He smiled charmingly to me. "Yeah, I'm a playboy, but that was a thing of the past. Okay let me correct myself, I was a playboy before I saw your friend. I don't know but after I saw her I couldn't look at another woman. I saw her just a few weeks ago, so you probably think I'm crazy and all. But I changed for her. I didn't even know I would ever feel shy in front of a girl. I couldn't even pluck the courage to talk to her."

"really?" I mocked at him.

"really..."

"If you say so...!" I said as I smiled. 'Han Byul is definitely lucky with this guy.'

 

'ringgg...riiinngg....riiinngggg'

 

He excused himself to pick up the call. He didn't move out of the seat but turn his back on me so I could still hear his answers to the other line. I wiped the glasses in front of me to distract myself.

"Yo brother!"

"Yeah I'm here...No, she isn't... yeah it's a shame...you still coming?"He paused at every statement to hear the other line's answer.

"Ok. Who are you with? ...the two Seunhyuns? I'll wait for you all then. Later."

He put down the phone. "Sorry about that my friends are going here to see Han Byul as I've already told them about her. They are really curious who is causing the new Dongwook. Oh by the way... I'm Choi Dong wook, but please do call me by my nickname se7en."

"nice to meet you Se7en-shi. You can call me…."I hesitated to give my name, so I gave him a pet name. “..Ssantokki..”

"I bet that isn’t your real name…”He chuckled. “But it’s nice meeting you too Ssantokki..So, thus she has a boyfriend?"

I exhaled first before I answered him. "None..." I guess a little help won't hurt.

"Really...What's her ideal kind of guy?"He excitedly asked.

"Oh, one question per day only...."i .

 

 

"Waiter!" A voice shouted at a distance interrupting our talk.

 

 

"Is there anything else I can do for you se7en-shi?"I looked back at him.

He shook his head. "Okay then, if you'll please excuse me, I have something to attend to…"

I grabbed the order menu , a pen and the paper used to list the customer's orders and proceeded to the table.

 

 

::

 

 

Jiyong POV

 

“Ok…Bye…”

“What did he say?” TOP asked me curiously while driving.

“The girl wasn’t there. I don’t like to go anymore.”I sighed as I answered. Se7en hyung is really serious about this girl who is working in one of that exclusive clubs in Hongdae.  Funny how a playboy like hyung could be serious with a girl, the end of the world must be nearing, so we really got curious about this mysterious girl hyung is always blabbering about and we decided to pay that club a visit to see her. Actually, the really curious ones are these two Seunghyuns who are with me now.

 

“Aisht. What a waste. I thought I would see a pretty hot waitress tonight.” Seungri commented.

TOP poked his head, “Yah!... Don’t let se7en hear you talk like that! Or it’ll be your last night entering a club..”

Seungri rested his back on the car seat and nursed his head. “Hyung, why do you always have to hit me so hard?”

“Because you’re so tactless! Could you not think about the things you will say? You’re being really insensitive. Se7en likes this girl and the way you talk about her, you make her sound like a cheap .”

Seungri pursed his lips in response.  I laughed at the maknae’s face seeing he was sorry and angry at the same time.

“That’s true Seungri. Watch your mouth, do it for all of us. ” I added.

“Arasso…”He nodded in defeat.

 

 

We continued the trip in silence with TOP concentrated on driving and Seungri playing games with his phone. My thoughts, however, lingered on Dara. I smiled as I remember the kiss we shared at the school and the pain in my face as I remember the slap.

 

“Yo Jiyong, were here already! Stop thinking about Dara and get out of the car.” TOP called my attention and got out of the car. I didn’t notice we are at Hongdae already.

 

“What?! How did you…”I asked as I opened the car door and got myself out.

 

“Hyung, you just murmured her name a while ago…”Seungri retaliated in a whisper.

 

I clapped my hand on my forehead in embarrassment. ‘Did I? Now, I’m calling her name without knowing I did so.’

 

“Come on now, let’s go inside!” TOP shouted at the two of us. He was now at the entrance which was few steps meters away from Seungri and me. I hung my arm lazily to Seungri shoulders and walked on to follow TOP. “This night better be good!”

 

 

 

Inside the club….

 

We were welcomed by the loud music and colorful lights of the club.

“Where is se7en-hyung?”Seungri shouted against the noisy environment.

“He said his in the bar. Where is the bar?” I scanned the place and saw the bar at the far end corner of the place right across the dance floor. A familiar figure waved at us. “Oh there he is…” I pointed at him.

 

The three of us immediately moved towards the bar and was welcomed by Se7en.

“Glad you three made it.” He laughed.  We sat at the bar as he ordered drinks for the three of us. We glanced back at the dance floor and saw a lot of people dancing crazily to the beat of the music.

“Oh hyung, Jiyong hyung told us your dream girl isn’t here…” Seungri  turned his back on the dance floor and faced the bar. He drank the first drink served to us.

“Yeah… She called in sick…She’s resting now though, that’s a good thing right? Maybe I’ll see her tomorrow.” He replied sadly.

 

“How did you know so much? You said you haven’t talked to her.” TOP questioned before he drank the liquor in his glass.

“Her friend told me, she’s filling in for Han Byul. She’s pretty too but I like Han Byul more…”

Seungri interrupted him upon hearing the word “pretty”, “really I want to meet the friend then..”

TOP poked his head again and warned him, “I’ll tell Chaerin…”

“I’m joking hyung, no need to tell CL about a joke right?”Seungri defended himself.

 

“Anyways, I just found out from her friend that she doesn’t have a boyfriend, so I’m really confident on asking her out for a meal.” He announced giddily as he went back on looking at the dance floor maybe to hide his blushing face.

“Se7en, for the 2 years I’ve known you, it’s the first time I saw you blush and act giddy for a girl… We really have to meet her.”

 

A girl then speedily passed us grabbing my attention. Her back was facing us as she walked towards a table to take orders. She’s really y with that dress fitting perfectly on her. Her milky legs are emphasized as the cut of the dress was too short revealing the flawlessness of her legs. Her hair was down and by the expressions of the gasping guys on the table I bet she’s pretty too. The guys were ogling at her and scanning her whole body from head to toe as if undressing her with their stares.

I could see the girl was starting to get uneasy as she step back and pull the hem of the dress lower.

‘Why? is she not used to this? I mean what does she expects? It’s her job she’s a waitress…’

 

 

“Jiyong!” se7en snapped his hands in front of my eyes. “What are you looking at?” He was about to look at the waitress direction but I immediately answered him restraining him from doing so. “Oh, it’s nothing… I thought I saw someone.”

 

“Now, you’re seeing things again? Last time you said that, you saw Dara…” TOP probed.

“Oohhh, who is this Dara? I’ve been hearing her name a lot recently too…” Se7en eyed me curiously.

“It’s hyung’s new girl…” Seungri teased. I didn’t react at his statement though I can see TOP and Se7en sniggered at their seats. TOP whispered in a low voice, “Jiyong can’t get her though, she’s too tough and Jiyong’s being coward and everything…” they snorted at this.

“I heard that.” I looked back at the waitress again. She is now standing stiffly at her spot as one guy stood and grabbed her hand. She shrugged the hand off her and pushed the guy to the table. I stood in surprise from what I’ve witnessed. I felt TOP, Se7en and Seungri all looked at me quizzically though my eyes never left the scene in front of me. The other guy from the same table slapped her face hard causing her to stumble down the ground.

‘Aisht, chincha. How can he hurt a girl.’ Somehow, this made my insides boil in anger. I don’t know what made me do it but I stepped closer to them planning to teach them a lesson. But Se7en went behind me who made me stop and hurriedly run into the girl. “Ssantokki!” ‘He knows her?’

The other guys formed in front of them. One of them shouted at Se7en, “Hey who are you? Why are you interfering other people’s business huh!!!”

I continued to walk closer to them with TOP and Seungri at my back. Now I could hear sobs coming from the girl as Se7en hugged her. Se7en hatefully stared at the guy, “How dare you hit a girl?”

“I could do anything I want to her as long as I’m paying her to do her job punk! You don’t know?!” He positioned his feet readying to kick the two who are at the floor at the moment.

I could feel the adrenaline rushed to my body as I hurriedly went down to them and block the kick with my back. I closed my eyes as I felt the sting in my back and fell on the ground in front of them.   I could hear my name being shouted at the background but it was deafened by the face I’m looking at right now. My body is on the floor now in front of se7en and the girl so I can perfectly see their faces…her face… Dara’s face…Dara’s crying and shocked face who is looking back at me with wide eyes… Dara…

‘why is she here?…

 

… and that f***ing guy just f***ing touched and slapped her…’

I could feel my temperature tripled as I looked at the guy who was smiling smugly at me.

“You’ll pay…”I slowly went up from the floor. “for that!!!!!” I lunged at him and punched him right on his face. Someone was about to attack me but TOP blocked him and threw punches at the guy. The whole club was now in chaos. Seungri and Se7en joined in beating up the rest of the guys.

 

I concentrated on beating up the guy who slapped Dara throwing nonstop punches at him. “How..dare..you…hurt..her?”I said in between punches. “I’ll…kill…you!!...” I could hear his pleads for me to stop as the club grew silent since people left from the riot. The companions of the guy also scurried out from the club running leaving this poor guy under my mercy.

“Jiyong stop already!” Se7en shouted at me and TOP tried to stop me but I ignored him. I could feel my fist hurting now from the punches as the guy coughed out blood, still this didn’t stop me. Nothing could ever stop me from killing this guy. “I’ll kill…this bastard! He doesn’t…deserve to ….live! He slapped…Dara…so… he’s gonna…pay…”

“Jiyong….Please stop…”I stopped momentarily as I heard the familiar sweet voice behind me. I could feel arms hugging me from the back. My fist and hold on the guy loosen as I realized it was Dara talking to me. “Please stop now, could you just get me out of here please?”

 

 


Comments!

Enjoy! Thanks to those who upvoted this fic!