Changing minds

Im not her!

 

A/N: I'm sorry for the late update. I know this should be the last chapter but i'll extend it to another one. Forgive me for my changing mind.:)

 

 

 

 

 

“Ouch hyung!” Seungri let out after his fingers were again smashed by the glass Jiyong is gripping tightly. He immediately nursed his poor fingers and his hyung still not minding his complaints.

 

 

“You’re doing it on purpose neh? Hyung, I know I’m annoyingly cute sometimes but you don’t have to physically hurt me, you haven’t even apologized even if it’s the fifth time you smash my poor fingers.” He let out, a little hurt.

 

 

“What’s up with you Jiyong? You’ve been sulking and banging on things since you came here.” Youngbae finally let out. The rest of the guys mentally thanked him having no courage to talk back to Jiyong who’s in such a bad mood.

 

 

“Yeah? Did I?” He sarcastically answered not looking to anyone of them but staring at the beach with his hands clenched.

 

Youngbae went nearer him, he knows there’s only one thing that can make his friend this pissed and its none other than the almighty DARA, who had no clue how she overpowers this sad fellow here beside him.

 

 

“Man, do you want to take a walk? Come on!” He suggested. Jiyong looked at him and nodded.  He heavily dragged himself to follow Youngbae who already started walking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They left the group who staring at them with confused faces. Bom started shaking his head. “TOP, go with them, knock some sense into him. Seriously, I thought everything is going on well.”

 

 

“I thought so too.” Chaerin pouted. He pushed Seungri off the table and motioned her hand to go with them. “Bu..but” He stopped before even finishing his complaint as he receive a dangerous gaze from her girlfriend. He slumped as he started to walk off. The girls didn’t stop and gave Daesung, who was left behind, a questioning look, “Okay okay, I’ll go with them.” Daesung left the girls and headed the way where Seungri went gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Aunt Bom! Aunt Chae! Aunt Minzy!” Joong Ki merrily shouted while skipping his way towards the girls and was welcomed him with their warm hugs. A smiling Dara trailed behind him. “I can’t wake Hyun Joong and Minho, you got them pretty drunk huh?”

 

 

“Where is Appa?” He asked after he was released from their tight embrace. “He promised we’ll go swimming today.”

 

 

“Oh Chincha? He went off to walk for a while, your uncles are with him.” Bom answered him. “Don’t worry, he’ll be back quickly.”

 

Joong Ki nodded and munched on the food he saw on the table. “I can see you’re hungry.”Chaerin laughed as he saw how fast he ate the sandwich. “Don’t worry unnie. I can take care of him, you eat too, you have dark circles in your eyes, had you not had a good night sleep?”

 

 

Taken aback, Dara stuttered, “Wh..what are you saying? I already have these before!”

 

 

Chaerin shrugged her shoulders and smirked. Bom went closer to Dara and whispered, “Yah, kiddo! What happened last night huh? You both disappeared during the party and we can’t find you. And why is Jiyong in such a foul mood this morning?”

 

 

Dara dropped the bottle she’s about to open. She gulped before answering in a low voice, “A..Ah..We..talked okay..about things and Joong Ki. We found out we had so much..catching up to do.” She bowed her head upon realizing what she said, cursing herself for talking like a fool again.

 

 

Bom snorted upon hearing her answer, “Mwo, What catching up are you talking about? You mean you just talked the whole night you both disappeared?” She sarcastically asked.

 

“Yah, Bom, no prying on whatever we… what happened okay, it’s a private matter between us and anyways, its not like we’re back together because of last night okay? Cause we’re not!” Dara defended.

 

 

“So that’s why he is acting like that?” Bom said while nodding her head. “Dara, you’re really clueless.”

 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

 

“Minzy, can you follow the boys with Joong Ki?” Chaerin asked and the maknae nodded and picked up Joong Ki who is already playing at the edge of the table.

 

 

“Dara, you can’t take things as that fool is saying. He’s obviously being stupid when he said that he just wants you to be friends.”

 

 

“That’s right unnie. Do you not see how oppa is trying so hard to get close to you? Or how he manages to stay calm despite being fatally jealous of Minho and Hyun Joong?”

 

 

“Dara, I don’t know what you talked about or what went wrong but we don’t want things to get awkward between you two because it’ll be hard for Joong Ki, you have to think for the welfare of your son. We're really wondering what's stopping you?”

 

She sighed, “I’m just.. I don’t know what I’m feeling right now, it seems like everything is in fast forward. It’s crazy because this is what I’m here for, to mend things and put it all back together but now I can’t seem to swallow it all.”

 

“Unnie, we understand, but we just hope that you don’t shut Jiyong out because you’re confused. We all saw how he was when you were gone and how he is right now. He’s really trying so hard. He maybe is confused too or he just don’t want to look as someone who is rushing you. But one thing is for sure and we know you somehow feel it too.”

 

Bom nodded at her with a tight smile, “Jiyong is such a mature person on a lot of things but he’s acting like a child with rushed decisions when it comes to you. He’s defenseless when it comes to matters concerning you and now Joong Ki. If you say that you don’t want to be with him, he won’t stop you, he’ll just accept that. You have to see that Dara and give him atleast a chance to prove himself again.”

 

Dara sighed again deeply, they are both undeniably right. She doesn’t really know what stopping her from giving in to her feelings. Is it fear, anger, denial, their past? She can see what they are talking about, Jiyong was incontestably patient with her and what happened to them last night made things a lot more confusing to the two of them and before she knows it, she already said things and left an agape Jiyong in the room this morning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Flashback]

 

 

Dara stirred a little and upon feeling the coldness, she slowly opened her eyes. Memories of last night went through her mind and she glanced at the man beside her. His arms are on her waist hugging her from behind. He wore a calm expression while sleeping and she couldn’t help but smile. She thought Joong Ki really inherited his father’s features seeing how the two looked seriously alike while sleeping.

 

She snapped from her thoughts upon realizing they had to talk about what happened last night. She slapped her head for letting things went this far again. How is she gonna face him? They are just starting to be friends again and now it’s ruined. Now, its gonna be totally awkward between the two of them. Though she don’t really know if she regrets what happened but she just totally gave in to her emotions last night. ‘Pabo, Sandara!’

 

 

She decided to get out of the room as fast as she could but carefully as not to wake up Jiyong. She hastily went to retrieve her clothes on the floor and wear them while scolding herself mentally.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong felt small movements beside him and saw Dara’s back slowly getting out of bed. He smiled while thinking of the events and the night they shared. He surely want to talk to her first before he even imagined the things turn out but heck, this is way better. He smugly smiled thinking about the thoughts to himself. He looked at Dara again but she is picking her clothes and putting it on hurriedly. His smile faded off, ‘She’s not thinking of leaving right?’ But when Dara didn’t even looked back at him on the bed as tiptoed her way to the door, his worst fear was confirmed. So he speedily went out of the bed and caught her hand before she could open the door.

 

 

“Waa!” Dara shouted in surprise and looked at him wide-eyed.

 

 

“You’re leaving?” Jiyong asked in a serious tone.

 

She couldn’t find the right words to say. She’s caught.

 

“Dara.. we need to-” but she cut him off.

 

 

“No Jiyong, there’s nothing to talk about okay.” She tried to get out of his grasp.

 

 

“Obviously, there is,  like what happened last night.” He reasoned out with a dignified voice.

 

 

“Last night we were drunk, and we got caught on the situation.”

 

 

“What? You’re not making any sense.” He snapped at her, slowly losing his patience while sensing his fear of an upcoming argument with her. Just when he thought things had fallen in the right places and here they are arguing about the perfect night they both shared.

 

 

“It’s a mistake again Ji.” Silence followed.

 

 

 

“A mistake? Seriously Dara, are you even hearing yourself?” He can’t believe it. No way. “You’re not drunk Dara, we both are in our stable state of minds. You can’t deny what happ-”

 

“Just stop Ji! I don’t want to talk about it. And let go of me!” She shouted at him.

 

“How can we not talk about it huh?” There. He exploded while still holding her.

 

 

“We were insatiable and you know it!” He pulled him to her and harshly kissed her.

 

 

 

 

She protested as she threw punches at him. She pushed him hard and slapped him on the face, “Stop it Ji!” She angrily looked at him.

 

 

 

They both remained statued on their place before Jiyong spoke again.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Dara, I was…”

 

 

“Just stop…” Jiyong lets go of her hand and she freely walked out of the room.

 

 

‘Pabo Jiyong!’ He slumped on the bed and bitterly thought of his morning.

 

 

 

[End of Flashback]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You should’ve just let her go and gave her time.” TOP said after hearing his story. “Sometimes when girls get too overwhelmed with emotions, they get easily moody or confused.”

 

 

“But hyung, I thought we were okay already.”

 

 

“You’re rushing her a bit Ji, just when you suggested to be friends with each other, there you go and did each other.” Daesung teased.

 

 

The others snorted.

 

 

“Ji, you just can’t expect her to suddenly accept you again. Just like that. Give her time, then she’ll come around.  Be patient.” Youngbae continued.

 

 

Jiyong bowed down. Hopefully, he’s right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

Dara looked at the beach where she sees her friends having fun in the sand. She was focused on Jiyong and their son with Se7en and Ji Hye playing in their own little world.

 

 

“He’s being a great dad so far right?” Han Byul asked out of the blue. She didn’t notice her friend was already beside her.

 

 

“Neh.” She nodded. “He’s doing good, but I’m not really a good judge on parenting considering I hid his own son from him.” She sadly replied.

 

 

“What are you saying Dara? You’re being overly dramatic.” She joked.

 

 

“Ani, its true.”

 

 

“Well, if you say so. But you should move on from that thought already. You managed to raise him well and look at them, they are already together with you now.  Don’t burden yourself with that and you had your reasons right.” Han Byul never fails to make Dara feel better.

 

 

“And why are you thinking about those things again? Out of the blue? Did you two fight again?” Han Byul questioned while urging Dara to face her.

 

 

 

“Well, sort of. But I guess the problem is more with me. Ottoke Han byul-ah?!” She desperately clings on her friend.

 

 

They both laughed at their childish gestures before Han Byul straightened her up to say something.

 

 

“But seriously Dara, you should really leave those thoughts behind. Don’t you feel contented seeing them so happy together? Dara, in order for things to arrived at where they are now, you somewhat did one to two things right. Don’t be hard on yourself or on Jiyong.”

 

 

“I know, Bom and Chaerin said the same things.” She sighed. “Why should my life be this complicated?”

 

 

“Because you’re too stubborn thats why!”She knocked on Dara’s head.

 

 

“Han Byul! It hurts!” Dara nursing her head.

 

 

“You’re just overreacting Dara-yah!”She laughed.

 

 

 

They both fell silent after their silly rants and stared at the figures playing on the beach.

 

 

 

“But he’s avoiding me now.” Dara confessed. She thought that's what she needed but she felt a little sad.

 

 

 

Han Byul smirked. “Cause you’re being overly clueless on a lot of things. You don’t know how much you can hurt him but he knows. You can’t blame him if he grew a little afraid of his own feelings, the same way we can’t blame you.  I’ve seen him when you were gone. Though he hid the pain, we can see right through his smiles. Anyways, you really need to talk to him.”

 

“Funny how you sound like Bom and CL.” Dara shook her head while smiling. “We’ll see.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


 

 

 

 

What a day! Jiyong entered his room after a tiring day he spent with his son. Being with his son somewhat lessen the problems in his head, especially about his mom. He decided to follow the guys advice to give her time and space even if he badly wanted to talk to her to straighten things out. He hasn’t had a good night sleep because thoughts of Dara had been floating on his head all night long. But now he’s tired and his body screams the need for a proper rest. He walked lazily to his bed not minding where he threw his cap and other stuff. He just want a nap. He didn’t notice the figure standing beside his couch.

 

“I see now is not a good time, I’m sorry. I’ll just go.”

 

He jolted. Is he already dreaming? Is he really hearing Dara’s voice just now. He looked at source of the sound and saw Dara shyly standing and about to start walking.

 

 

“No! Wait!” He immediately stood up, all tiredness flushed out of his system.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I'll try my very best to give this story a proper ending.  See you in the next chapter. Thanks for loving this story.

I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. <3