Sudden Goodbye

Im not her!

 

 

As promised!

 

 

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

 

I was waiting for Ji to pick me up when my phone went ringing. It’s Sanghyun.

 

 

“Neh Sanghyun?”

 

 

“Noona, you got to come here quick. The doctor’s said he might wake up any minute…”

 

 

“Really? Okay I’ll go there right away, I’ll just have to wait for Jiyong.”

 

 

Right there, I heard a car honking. “Oh, he’s here. I’ll hang up now. Tell Omma, we’ll be there.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hurried to his car and immediately went to the passenger seat.

 

 

I didn’t give him a chance to speak as I cut him off as I saw him about to greet me. “Change of plans. The doctors said Appa might wake up any minute now. We have to go there.”

 

 

 

“C-Chincha? O-okay, let’s go.”

 

 

 

 

I was looking at the road when Jiyong tried to earn my attention by coughing. I know it’s a fake cough. I turned to him with a what-is-it look on my face.

 

 

 

 

“Dara, Is there any other things you remember besides the bracelet?”

 

 

 

 

 

He seem nervous.

 

 

 

“I thought you’re gonna ask something really important...Hmm…is there?” I asked myself and thought of it deeply. ‘Oh, yeah there was another dream.’

 

 

 

“Well, I had another dream but I don’t know if this one is a memory. I was in the bathroom and I heard someone call TOP or something that sounds like TOP repeatedly, I’m not sure. Then I dropped my things, picked it up and went out of the bathroom, then there was the blinding light like my dream with Minho and then I woke up.”

 

 

 

“You heard someone call TOP’s name?” His face looks a little terrified.

 

 

 

“I’m not sure if he’s calling TOP or just pointing something out like at the top of the table. I don’t know really.”

 

 

 

Now his face really looks terrified like I’ve just said a scary story. “Are you okay Ji? You suddenly look pale, like you just swallowed a bad egg.” I joked while letting out a short chortle.

 

 

 

 

“A-ani..i’m o..ok-kay.” Now he’s stuttering. What the hell is wrong with him?

 

 

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

 

 

He nodded. But I know something is off.

 

 

“Jiyong, if there is something bothering you, you can tell me. Is this about my past? Because if it is, you don’t need to think about it, I have survived 3 years without it so I’m really okay if the recovery seems slow. But I’m worried about you.”

 

 

 

 

He smiled in reply and stretched out his other arm to my side to make me come closer to him. ‘Aigoo, he can really be sweet sometimes.’  I scooted to his side. “I don’t want you keeping things from me. You can tell me anything Jiyong, don’t worry because I’ll try very hard to help you.” I added up as I pulled away from my hug.

 

 

 

 

He smiled but not his usual bright smile. ‘I just don’t want you lying to me Ji. I know something is wrong.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We arrived at the hospital a few hours later and immediately proceeded to Appa’s room. But there seem to be a commotion going on in there. I felt someone hold me tight, only to look up and see Jiyong’s face. My vision went back to the room and my worst fear consumed my entire being.

 

 

 

“A-Appa…” I managed to stutter. I run fast to the room only to see Appa awake. I managed to sigh in relief.

 

 

 

 

Closer, he looks weak and his eyes drooped slowly. 

 

 

 

 

 

Omma who was beside him called out “Dara… he wants to see you…”

 

 

 

I nodded and quickly went to his side. Jiyong stood next to my mom. “Appa, I’m here.” I said as I reached for his hands. His eyes slowly opened and I saw no life in it.

 

 

 

 

“My daughter..” He started in a low voice.

 

 

 

 

“Sssh, Appa, don’t force yourself to speak. You have to save your energy okay.” My eyes poured out silent tears seeing him in such state.

 

 

 

 

“n-no… Mi-Mianhe... I w-wanted too much. I’m sorry...” He struggled to continue.

 

 

 

“Appa, what are you talking about? Don’t force yourself. Just rest.”

 

 

 

He coughed and by the sound of it, it’s not good. I could hear the machine heed a warning and took a quick glance on it.  His heart rate is deteriorating. I stood up from my position and held his hand tighter. “Appa, don’t do this… You can’t leave us…call the doctors!”

 

 

 

“I’m sorry… f-for everything… Sorry…S-su-n..ee..” He tried to finish but he just stopped and slowly closed his eyes.

 

 

 

 

“Appa… No!!!!!” The last thing I remember was the faint sound on a machine indicating that Appa is really gone and everything went blank from there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

“Bom.. he called Dara by Sun Hee…”

 

 

 

 

 

“I need to see the bracelet first.”

 

 

 

….

 

 

 

“Okay. What did hyung found out?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Thanks”

 

 

 

 

 

The line went dead.

 

 


 

 

 

 

I know what you all think right now... but.......

hmmmm.....

 

it's not what you think it is...keke.. that's all i can say for now...

 

 

 

Thanks for reading!