Blank Ji

Im not her!

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone was relieved, the operation went well and with that, Dara looks a little better and Jiyong seems more relaxed, though still a little worried.

 

 

 

 

 

Joongki’s condition is also improving which seem to lift up the spirits of everybody.  Though, he still haven’t woken up since his operation, the doctor said his vitals has been responding very well.   Jiyong haven’t left the room ever since and the gang took turns to accompany him. Dara also stayed long but she sometimes let Jiyong have his moments with his son and let him be alone with Joong Ki. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They haven’t had a serious talk regarding Joong Ki, it seems that they had an understanding to just put their issues behind…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

for now….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But they both know that they will eventually have to figure things out to make it easier for Joong Ki, they can’t let him be in their mess any longer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara slowly entered to find Jiyong alone staring at their son with a gloomy expression. He seemed oblivious of Dara as he didn’t make any kind of movement upon her entrance. She hesitated for a while until she had the courage to walk closer to the two.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She sighed before finally speaking, “ Ji… Jiyong, ahm… I can watch over him alone, how about you rest for a while?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He flinched a little upon hearing her voice but he didn’t face her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She continued, “You've been here for two days straight already. You should rest, you’re starting to get a bit peaky and Joong Ki won’t like that if he sees you… He worries a lot, you know, to the people around him…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She smiled upon remembering her child’s mature disposition. “Sometimes, I even wonder why a kid at such age could ever think that way.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Joong Ki knows you. I didn’t hide you from him, though I may said things like we can’t be with you for the mean time, but he knows you. He knows his Appa. Believe me Ji, I didn’t intend to hide things from you until the end, I planned on telling you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

She still got no reaction from him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“When I graduated abroad, I went back here with Joong Ki and planned to meet up with you. But I searched for Bom first, I wanted to know what happened to everyone while I was gone. I know it’s a bit selfish but I can’t help to wonder what happened to you especially. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Honestly, after I left, a part of me wished that you find your happiness without me… "

 

 

'but a larger part of me was selfish and wished that you’ll actually realize that you were in love with the real me…

the real Dara…

and that you will find or wait for me...' Dara didn't find the courage to say the next statements and just kept it in herself...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She let out a bitter laugh with tears forming on the rim of her eyes, “Oh god, I’m such a despicable person…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s hands tightened on Joong Ki’s arm while listening to her.

 

 

 

“We saw you at the mall, before you even saw us. That was a week later after we arrived. Joong Ki got really excited upon seeing you but I can’t let it happened that way before I even give you a proper explanation. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Joong Ki was persistent, I agreed in the condition that we’ll pretend we don’t know you.” This time Dara’s eyes are already pouring out heavy tears.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “I’m really sorry Jiyong. I’m such a hateful person, I will understand if you will hate me, curse me, beat me up, or never forgive me but don’t let Joong Ki be entangled in our mess. Please don’t take him away from me. Please don’t let him be… ” She breathed with difficulty and her knees aren’t helping either. She forwarded in Jiyong’s side and slumped on the floor across his feet. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong finally glanced at her but his eyes are also puffy from crying silently. How can he make the woman he love hate herself this much. He can’t let this continue.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, he may have been angry with her but all of those had been washed away the moment he seen her again...

 

 

 

 

 

 

He may have shouted at her but that was because he was so frustrated with himself to accept that he’s already forgiven her before she even apologized...

 

 

 

 

 

 

He may have said harsh words at her but that was because he can’t believe the reality that she’s in front of him already, too dumb to react with pride and he’s too discouraged of a man to say he can’t let her be away again from him...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He realized this after his talk with TOP hyung. He can’t even understand why his feelings suddenly lashed out and he blamed her but he can already think and reflect with soundness. And upon hearing her and seeing her crumbling like a lost child not knowing what to do, he just can’t let this happen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He bravely went down to Dara’s level and is crying silently while facing the floor.  He held her in her shoulders. She readied herself for anything that Jiyong will call her or do to her. She deserves it anyway.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Thank you Dara…” He started, this is the first words to her after he set off to find the missing Joong Ki. She was surprised to hear this that she immediately looked up and even more surprised to see a smiling Jiyong despite the puffy and red eyes. Indeed, she missed looking into those beautiful eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She snapped out of his gaze and quickly shrugged any nice thoughts forming in her head.  She thought it must be because of…

 

 

 

 

 

 of…

 

 

 

she can’t think of any nice thing he should be thankful for…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She shot another confounded look at Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong who seemed to find her confusion cute can’t help but smile. “Thank you Dara. I really am thanking you… for Joong Ki…” He suddenly enveloped her in a tight embrace. “so stop crying now, let’s leave the past behind and continue to move forward.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

He lets go of her and wipe her tears. “I’m sorry too, for the things I’ve said, I may have taken things way too out of context. I should have been more controlled.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Silence followed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a while, Jiyong realized their awkward position and felt his heart beating loudly. He immediately guided her towards his seat earlier, “Aissht chincha, how could I be a dad if I were that immature, ahh, I’m so embarrassed.” He joked while he wiped his eyes clean from the tears and fixed his clothes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He turned around and headed to the door, “Ahm…I’ll just to… to the… to the store!”Saying the first thing that came to his mind. ‘Pabo Jiyong...' But he needed to get out of that place first to calm his heart, abnormally beating heart and staying in the same place with Dara surely won't help him.

 

 

 

 

 

But before he could take his second step towards the door, Dara stopped him with  words, “Wait Jiyong.” He stopped but didn’t face her. “Thanks to you too, thank you for understanding…”

 

 

He slowly faced her but he got lost for words upon seeing her smiling at him. “Ah… Ah neh… Neh… That...” he scratched his head. “well, that are..” He started to panic..

 

 

 

“for old time sake, we’re friends right?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

 

 

“Friends?!” they let out altogether after telling them my conversation with Dara.

 

 

 

 

They screamed it so loud that I bet that even the dust in the corner of the room was shaken

 

 

 

 

“Aisht really hyung, you’re beyond repair. How can you ruin such a perfect moment? How could you say that after finally mending things with her?” Seungri scolded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I received it with no defense.  I can see Taeyang shaking his head. ‘I’m dead’

 

 

I got totally blank from the conversation with Dara earlier. I mean totally blank except for the thoughts of hugging her and kissing her that evaded my mind after seeing her face. I couldn’t think straight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I got totally blank while speaking to her…” I managed to utter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“And you should have stayed blank than mutter stupid things…” TOP added. “So you think what you said is better? Does friendship have different meaning in your vocabulary?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara’s power over Ji haven’t faded a bit. Now she can even make him do foolish things with just her smile.” Daesung joked.  “Dara’sscary…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I slumped in bitterness. “Help me out here, I don’t know what to do…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“it’s something you can undo easily Ji” Taeyang reasoned. “but atleast you should be thankful that you already had forgiven each other… that something from that conversation went nice…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

True.  I nodded. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri interrupted, “until he said they were friends?!” and yet I was broken again while hearing them roaring with laughter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

 

 

“Friends?!” they said altogether after telling them my conversation with Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

I nodded. Maybe that’s really how far we can go.  I am already grateful that he forgiven me that instantly. I could wish nothing more than accept whatever he wants. And even if it is hard for me to accept and be just friends with him, I’ll try my best to be a good one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Aigooo that Jiyong seriously!” Bom started fanning herself. “Did he really say that?! I can’t believe it”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“After finally seeing you and knowing about Joong Ki, he wanted to be just friends with you?” Chaerin disbelievingly said. “He’s mental.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“He said it loud and clear.” I sighed. I secretly hoped that we can still put things like the way they were before but it seems like I’m being greedy already. “Guys, i don’t want you getting angry with him for this okay? We should understand him, please do this for me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“He obviously loves you Dara, he searched for you and though he played with girls, I know he’s waiting for you to come back. I just couldn’t understand why he’s being stupid again.” Bom ignored my statement.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jiyong-oppa tend to speak and act rashly in front of you unnie, he does it everytime without fail. Maybe this is one of those times?” Minzy tried to deduce.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The other two nodded. Yeah it could be, but I don’t want false hope. I will take things as they are and if he said we’re friends, then we’ll be friends.

 

 

 

 

 


 

Seriously Ji? >--<

 

 

 

Lol. Well, what do you think?

 

Leave your comments (or maybe you can upvote?, not forcing you though...*shy)

 

Thanks everyone!! <3