A New Beginning....?

Im not her!

 

 

Dara POV

 

I am now seated at the passenger seat of a white Bentley car, still trembling from the thing I just witnessed earlier. Three bodies lying on the ground with brutally beaten up faces and their bodies almost lifeless. That is the last scene I saw before a hand grabbed and dragged me here to a car and the current picture floating inside my head right now.

 

 

“What were you thinking Park?! You’re a walking trouble! Aishht!” The driver of the car shouted at me.

 

 

The loud voice shook my entire being waking me up from my distressful condition.

 

 

I looked at him but slightly agape as I was still in shock.

“If I didn’t show up on time…”he paused, “I don’t even wanna think about it. I would’ve killed those low life morons. Why did you turn in such a dark alley? How stupid can you get?” he anxiously shouted. I bowed at his statement suppressing myself from crying.

 

 

 

He was right. How can I be so stupid?  If he didn’t show up on time, who knows what’s happening to me now.

 

 

“Cry already. Cry as much as you want, cry it all out.” He stated in low but reassuring voice.

 

I bowed my head in shame as I cried silently. He didn’t say another word and allowed me to cry. He didn’t console nor scold me but I find his presence a little comforting.

 

 

“Thank you Jiyong. Thank you…” I sniffed before I continued. “Thank you..  Thank you… but I wasn’t… I don’t know that… his hands are already there… ”

 

“Stop.”He delicately asked me.  “Please. Forget what happened earlier. Bury it out of your mind.” He handed a handkerchief to me.I took it as I wipe the tears off my puffy eyes.  But I suddenly realized a thing that pushed the terrifying scene out of my head for a little while.

 

 

“Jiyong, I’m really thankful and all so I hope you don’t mind me asking. What were you doing in that street?”

 

He paled and gulped before he could answer,

 

“Does it even matter now Dara? Can you just be thankful and get over it?”

“A-ahh o..okkay.” Somehow he gave me an odd answer but I don’t get why he is being defensive now, I’m only asking.

 

 

 

We were silent for the rest of the trip. I am glancing through the window most of the time until I saw the gasoline station near my apartment.

“Jiyong, you can drop me off there.” I pointed at the gas station

“No. I’ll drop you right in front of your apartment Dara.” He said with finality.

“a..arr-rasso.” He really is being weird again. ‘If you say so.’ I was waiting for him to ask for the direction towards my apartment but he didn’t.

 

 

I was amazed at how he managed to turn to the right streets towards my apartment. And the most shocking event of the trip was when he stopped right in front of my apartment.

 

 

“You know where I live?”

 

His face paled once again.

 

 

“Yah, thinking about this. Are you, by any chance, stalking me?” I faced him as I slowly raised a brow.

He didn’t answer. So I continued, “You were in Hongdae like I was, you knew I took a wrong turn to that dark street. And now you know where I stay without even asking me for directions knowing it’s your first time here. You’re following me aren’t you?” I smiled smugly seeing his whitish face. ‘Caught you’I thought.

“Conceited much eh? Think whatever you like if it’ll make you happy.” He blurted out in annoyance with his face fixed at the street in front of us.

 

“Anyways, good night and thank you Jiyong.” I didn’t wait for a reply as I went out of his car and quickly went to the door to unlock it. I didn’t even look back to Jiyong as I close the door right after entering.

 

 

::

 

 

I grabbed my phone and dialed my dad as I held a hand to my chest. My heart is beating erratically and Jiyong’s concerned face asking me if I’m okay in that dark street evaded my mind once again. ‘What’s happening to me?’ I heard the phone was picked up on the other line making me snap out of my thoughts.

 

“Appa, how are you?...” I silently cried as memories of the event in the dark street at Hongdae replayed in my head. I suppressed any sounds and covered my mouth tightly with my hand as I heard my dad cheerful voice. I really miss them but I don’t want them to see or hear me at this state so I composed myself before answering Appa’s questions, “Neh, I’m okay. It’s hard but I'm coping up pretty well.” The other line answered with glee but saddened as he heard me sniff.

“Ani, I’m not sick. It’s just that I’m tired but I really want to hear your voice, Omma’s and Sanghyun’s.” I continued to stifle any sound. But I’m really crying with a heavy heart right now. I curved into a ball as I continue to listen to him in the phone with eyes pouring out heavy tears as well.

 

 

 

 


The start of something new? No confusing clues...

 

 

for now.....^.^v

 

Thanks for reading!