Her evil uncle

Unbreak My Heart

 

Flashback

I breathed heavily before I knock on his door. There are so many things going on in my head as I entered my uncle’s office. I was expecting only my uncle to be found inside; but no. Sungmin was there, sitting in front of him.

“Uncle? You called for me?” I asked, both men turning their faces to my direction.

“Ah, Sunny. Yes, yes. Sit here, beside Sungmin.” My uncle said.

I sat down and smiled to my friend Sungmin. I wonder what I did. I thought that he’s mad? I hope no one saw Kris and me kissing.

“Years ago, Super Junior is on top of the Hallyu World right now. Girls’ Generation on the other hand, is slowly picking up the pace. If these two groups will promote together, interact together, more fans will be attracted to them. We did well with that technique. Right now, Girls’ Generation is on top, while Super Junior is not that good. And we will be doing the same technique.”

“So, you’re saying that Sungmin oppa and I will work on something together?” I asked.

“Of course, my dear. The two of you will be casted regularly on a variety show.” He said.

“What will be the show?” I asked.

“The show will be We Got Married.”

I was shocked. Seriously? I don’t want to marry Sungmin oppa! And I am steady with Kris.

“Sunny, my dear. You seem to be bothered by it? Don’t you want to marry Sungmin?” my uncle asked. A sarcastic smile was plastered on his face. I wonder what he’s up to.

“Ani… Sahm-chon. It’s not that I don’t want to marry Sungmin oppa… I understand that this is for the good of both groups. But, why me?”

“Well, the SunSun couple is in demand these days. And just the luck, the both of you hadn’t been casted in any shows lately. The people miss the SunSun couple. And their last interaction was way back in 2008. Your fans beg for SunSun couple.”

“Aigoo… Sahm-chon. I’m sorry but I cannot take the show.” I said, looking down.

My uncle sighed. I looked at Sungmin oppa and he seems to be really heart-broken. Is he still into me? Of course not! We’re so over each other. And SunSun is just a fling. Right?

“Very well, Sunny. You don’t have to do it if you don’t want it.” My uncle said.

“Thank you, uncle.” I smiled.

“Sungmin, you may go now. Sunny, I still have to discuss some things with you.” My uncle said. I gulped. Oh, please don’t tell me that someone has really seen that kissing scene.

As soon as Sungmin got out of the office, my uncle’s face has changed. His happy and cheerful expression was changed to a horrible frightening you’re-dead-Soonkyu look.

“I bet you don’t remember.” My uncle said.

“Remember what, uncle?” I asked. What the is that?

“Do you remember this envelope?” uncle asked as he showed me an envelope.

I scanned my whole brain; unfortunately, there’s not a single clue. “I have seen many envelop like that, uncle.” I said nervously.

“As suspected.  But it’s all right. I just want you to remember what was written in the Standard Operating Procedures.”

“Am I missing something?” I asked.

“No, not really. It’s not a loss, after all.”

“Oh… I see… Have I violated anything?”

“Let’s just say that I have my own eyes everywhere, Sunny. Now, you can go.” He said. I quickly get out of my seat before he can say more.

What does he mean by that? Right now, I wished that I’ll be back in the dorm as soon as possible. I was half running along the corridors. I took my phone to call manager oppa to pick me up when someone grabbed my arm. I turned to look at the person and saw that it was Sungmin oppa.

“Sungmin oppa. You startled me.” I said.

“Go with me.” He said as he dragged me. His hand circled around my wrist so tight. I wanted to call for help but no one was around the area. And if I would yell, Sungmin oppa might look bad.

“What are you doing, oppa?! What do you want?” I said, trying to hold him back.

He took me to the rooftop. No one was there, too.

“Tell me, Sunny. Don’t you love me?!” he put both of his hands on my shoulders.

I was startled by his question. What the is that? “I love you, Sungmin oppa. I always love you. I love everyone in Super Junior. I love Heechul oppa, Donghae oppa, Leeteuk oppa,”

“That’s not what I meant!” he exclaimed and grabbed me. His arms are snaking around my waist. He kissed my forcibly. I was afraid. I pushed him. But he’s strong. “I love you, Sunny! Why can’t you love me, too?!”

“Oppa. You’re insane!” I tried to push him away. I can’t breathe properly. He’s crushing me. I used all of my strength to push him away. Gladly I was successful but he caught my arm. He took my phone from my hand and opened it.

He found my wallpaper. It’s the picture of Kris.

“Is it because of him?” he gave me my phone.

“Kris and I were d--”

“Dating? Why is it always him?! You broke up with him a long time ago! He only caused you pain! And I was there at your side while you are crying! I saw how many tears you had to give for him! I confessed to you but you dumped me because of him! And now, you still can’t forget him?!”

I broke off of his grasp. I don’t know what he’s saying. Kris loves me. Kris would never make me cry. And I will never break up with him. Kris would never cause me pain. Kris hasn’t caused me pain. Sungmin oppa is crazy. He’s insane.

“I dumped you last year because I want to focus on my career. Stupid!” I said as I made my way to the door. I pushed him out of the way.

“I will get you, Sunny. I will make you love me like you loved that idiot.” He said, not trying to block my way.

“Kris is not an idiot. And I will never love you like I love him.” I glared at him. “Please don’t destroy our friendship, Sungmin.”

“You don’t remember, do you?” Sungmin oppa said. And there’s that word again. Remember. What is this that I don’t remember? What are they talking about?

I looked at him. He smirked.

 “Lee Soo Man is right. You forgot about him.” He chuckled.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

Then he showed me an envelope. The same envelope that uncle showed me. I don’t know how he got it. But one thing’s for sure. That envelope is about me. Or worse. About Kris.

“Give me that.” I said. He gave me the envelope. I opened it and take out what’s inside.

I gasped. I was surprised. I was shocked. I don’t know what to say. I don’t know what to feel. I don’t know what to do.

“What the ?” Those 5 pictures only consisted of 2 persons. And that’s me and Kris. I know that face of me very well. And that is my pre-debut face. These photos were only photocopies. But these photos. They say a lot. And they mean a lot.

“I don’t understand.” I looked at Sungmin oppa.

“Don’t understand, eh? Why don’t you ask your boyfriend about that? I bet he could tell those better.” Sungmin oppa said.

And his words struck me. For sure Kris could explain these pictures. But why can’t I remember anything about these. Somewhere in my heart a stabbing pain hit me. What is this pain souring through my chest? What does this mean?

Sungmin oppa left me in the rooftop, while I stared at the photos. I know this is me. But is it really me? Why does it feel that everything’s so familiar? But it also felt like that girl is not me. The way Kris looked at that girl, I know he treasures her. Why am I jealous of that girl when that girl is me?

End of flashback

As I recalled that incident, I cried. Kris was telling me about us. About our past. I learned that Kris and I had been together when we first met. But since I had to debut with Girls’ Generation, I broke up with him. But why the would I break his heart? He told me that he tried to get me back in 2008. But I only told him that we cannot be and that it’s for his own safety. What the is that, huh? Clearly something happened that he doesn’t know. Am I keeping secrets from him before? I cried on his chest while trying to recall everything. But why doesn’t my mind cooperate? Somehow I don’t want to believe in what he said. Because our past is too sad. Too sad for me to handle. But somehow I know that I had to believe in what he said.

I cried until my own body is tired of crying. I don’t know what to believe. All I know is that in the present, I am with Kris. And I love him. He loves me. We love each other. And nothing can break us apart.

I woke up when the sun is just setting. I was in Kris’s arms. We fell asleep of crying. I took a moment to admire his face. His face is so beautiful. A face. He slept soundly as I trace a finger on his nose, down to his lips. Kris, whatever I forgot in the past, there is only one thing I know.

I must have loved you a lot.

The sun has set when he woke up. He found me staring at him. I kissed him lightly on the lips before standing up. I opened the lights and searched for my favourite shirt. That shirt is the biggest I have. I wear it when I’m about to sleep because it’s comfortable. I let him use that shirt because my tears had his shirt wet. We went downstairs and Mom and my unnies are preparing dinner. My Dad and I and Kris played a game of chess.

The doorbell rang and Kris offered to open the door for Dad.

“Who’s our visitor, Appa?” I asked my Dad. But he didn’t need to answer. Kris answered for us.

“Annyeong haseyo, Mr. Lee Soo Man.” Kris’s voice echoed everywhere in my mind.

 

The dinner went well. Of course except for some things. My uncle’s eyes are throwing daggers at me. Worse. At Kris, too. I was afraid. I was never afraid of my uncle. But my Kris is clearly afraid. I don’t care if my uncle would pull me out of SNSD. But I ing care for my Kris. What if he won’t let him debut now that he figured out that we’re dating? I glanced at Kris and clearly he has no appetite. I can’t blame him. I had no appetite at all! We ate silently. The only voices that were heard were all except for ours. We’re ing busted.

Then suddenly I heard my name.

“This is Soonkyu’s first time to bring a boy in the house.” My uncle mused.

“Oh, yes! And we’re really happy about that. For once we thought that our Soonkyu is not a boy!”

“Hahaha! Soonkyu has a good taste with boys. She chose a trainee from the company.”

“Oh really? Soonkyu, why didn’t you tell us that Kris is a trainee?! No wonder he’s so handsome!” my mom giggled. I just smiled at her.

“Kris is a very talented boy, my brother.” My uncle said. “He would make a big fortune.”

“Uncle, I thought that you don’t allow dating inside the company?” my unnie asked.

“They only have to keep it, honey. No harm done.” I squinted at what he said. No harm done.

“Aigoo… But what if the media finds out?”

“I’m afraid that there must be punishment.” He said as he looked at me then to Kris to find our reaction. “Of course I am joking.”

“Of course you’re joking, Soo Man! You wouldn’t do that to my future son-in-law.” Mom said.

“When Kris debuts, the two of you must pretend that you don’t know each other. Or else the media will find out.” Dad joked. I know he joked. He doesn’t mean what he said.

“You two should be careful. We don’t want any harm done, do we?” My uncle said.

The dinner ended with an awkward silence. I am hurting to a great extent. Why does he have to show up right now? I know Kris was hurt, too. We both know that my uncle greatly opposes to that idea. Everything he said were all pretences. And he would make us do the same thing. One of the most things I hated is pretences. I hate pretending. I do not pretend.

I took Kris to our garden. I know that we both feel the same way. Each other knew what will gonne happen to the both of us sooner or later.

“It’s beautiful here, Soonkyu.” He said as he hugged me from the back. I squealed inside in spite of the sad news we had. Can I just tell to the whole universe that this is actually the sweetest thing ever done in history?! This isn’t the first time I get a back hug. Kyuhyun oppa did it to me for SPAO. But this is different. That back hug is friendly while this is so romantic.

“Could we stay like this forever?”  I said, setting my arms with his arms on my tummy.

“I wish we could.” He said, planting a kiss on the top of my head.

Kris is the best boyfriend ever. He knew just the right thing to do when his girl is upset. We stared at the beautiful sky above. There were no clouds so the stars are everywhere.

“I love you, Soonkyu.” He whispered in my ear. “I love you for 4 years now. And counting forever. Don’t you dare doubt my love for you, okay?”

“They said that lovers end up as stars in the sky when they die because they love each other forever.” I said. “I guess we’ll end up there, Wu Fan.”

 I turned around and faced him. I am still in his arms. I reached for him and we kissed. I don’t care if my parents or my sisters or my ing uncle is watching us.  I’m going to spend our free day as I wanted.

“I’m going overseas on your birthday.” I said. He looked at me. “You thought I don’t know, huh? I know. And I wanted to spend this day together as a birthday gift. It hurts to think that our day was pretty much messed up as soon as we got here. I wanted you to meet my family but it turned out that we all got bad news… I wish this day could be longer.”

“You have no idea how happy I am right now.” He told me and it was my turn to get shocked. “When we reached your residence, I was really afraid at first. Afraid that your parents might not like me. And I’m pretty sure that they like me for their daughter. Even though your uncle came and sent me death threats, I’m still happy because your parents defended us. They wanted us to be together and it’s enough to make me happy.”

I hugged him because his words touched me. I know that he’s nervous for his career but he still stood up for us. Can I just say that he’s the perfect boyfriend ever?

“Soonkyu.”

“Hmm?”

“We will have five kids, I swear to the River of Styx.”

“What the?!” I looked up at him and him grinning. He is just too perfect. In times like this, he could still joke about having five kids?! “Please tell me you’re joking.”

“I’m not joking. We could start naming them right now if you want.”

 

a/n: yay! I updated! :"""">
I'm so happy right now. Still, I'm sorry.
To compensate for not updating, I made a SunKris oneshot for you guys.
It's entitled, "How Forever Started"
Hehehe~ Thank you for staying tuned!~
I love you guys!