Their first and last happy date

Unbreak My Heart

Kris

“You’re going out again, Kris?” Luhan asked me. Xiumin was out, too. Poor Luhan, all alone in our room.

“Yeah…” I said as I put on a jacket.

“Let me go with you, just this one time!” Luhan said. He stood up.

“You can’t. I’m going on a date. You should hang out with Sehun.” I said.

“Woah! Who's your date?” He asked me.Clearly he didn't thought about what I said. But I just smirked at him and I went for the door. “Good luck, Kris! Make sure Sunny sunbae is happy!”

“How’d you know?” I glared at him as I close the door.

“I read your text messages. Mianhae!” he showed off his aegyo before I completely close the door. Geez…

When I got to our meeting place, Soonkyu is not yet there. I waited for a couple of minutes before she came. My waiting isn’t really wasted. It’s all worth it. She wore a casual outfit. T-shirt and pants. Just my type. She also had a Yankees cap on her head. She didn’t wear any make-up but she’s very pretty.

“Annyeong! I’m sorry I’m late. Sungmin oppa had to bug me for some reason.” She said as she came up to me.

“Sungmin sunbae?” I asked, with a hint of jealousy in my voice.

“Ani!! Don’t get jealous! He’s just a friend.” She said. “So, where are you taking me for dinner?”

“I am planning to take you to the streets. We’ll just have street foods. You okay with that?”

“Perfect!” She said. And she holds on to my hand. And smiled like a really excited kid. Her aegyo hasn’t left her. She’s so cute.

We went to a place where there are a lot of street foods near an amusement park. We ordered some hotteok, gimbap, tteokbokki, and sundae. We talked about several things. About her family, mine. Sometimes she would ask about things that she asked back then. And it all brings memories. I asked her if she could remember me back in 2007. But she doesn’t think so. It’s kind of heart breaking but it’s all right. At least she’s mine now.

“So… Did you have a girlfriend before?” She suddenly asked, eyeing me while eating her food.

“Yes. Back in 2007. But we broke up only after months.” I said after I swallowed my food.

“Oh… You don’t mind telling me something about her, do you?”

“Not at all.” Then she looked at me, ready to listen. “She’s pretty. We met in 2007. But she needs to go somewhere to live her dreams. When we met again a year after, she already had someone else. Then I found out that she had an accident and she lost all her memories.”

“Aww… That’s painful. You must’ve loved her very much. Where is she now?” she asked.

I almost told her that she’s in front of me and she’s my girlfriend. . I’m so careless! What should I tell her? I don’t know what to tell her.

“Oh. You probably don’t know! Haha! I’m sorry. It’s really silly of me…” She said, smiling to herself. I can hear her murmured to herself, “Soonkyu, you’re being too obvious…”

“You’re wondering if I’m still in love with her, aren’t you?” I .

“Mwo? Why would I ask that?!” She said trying to hide her feelings. She’s as red as tomato.

“You’re not jealous, are you?” I smiled.

“Yah! I am not!” she pouted. And continued eating.

I paid for everything that we ate and I asked her if she wanted to go to the amusement park. She happily agreed and she clung onto me like a kid. I can tell that she’s very happy today. We got all-you-can-ride tickets and we entered the amusement park.

“Oppa, I want to go to the roller coaster first!” She tugged onto my arm. Did I hear her right? She called me oppa? I smiled to myself.

“But I wanted to ride the Carousel first!” I said.

“Aish! Let’s play a staring contest. Whoever wins, will tell which to ride first!” she told me and she stared into my eyes.

“Right now?” I asked.

“Yes. Right now.” She said. And I stared in her eyes. But she’s so captivating! How am I supposed to win this? Her eyes are so beautiful. I can’t hold it any longer. Then she smiled at me. Her eyes are smiling, too.

“All right! You win!” I said, dropping her gaze.

We get into the waiting line for the roller coaster. The line is quite long, but every line is long, I guess. Soon, it was our turn. We sat in the front seats. We sat beside each other. Then she whispered to me, "The first to scream will buy ice cream." I looked at her and she winked at me.

"You're serious?"

"Of course! I love ice cream!" she said.

"I mean. I don't scream. You'll lose." I smirked.

"Too bad. I don't scream either." she said. "But whatever! What if you scream? Then you'll lose." then she stucked her tongue out.

"Let's cut the prize to cotton candy. Ice cream is too valuable for this." I said.

"Deal."

"Deal."

The ride started. We both looked at each other with victorious smiles. As if saying, we'll see who will scream first. I anticipated who will scream first. Everything's doing fine. But when the fun part starts, I don't know what to feel. My knuckles had gone white. I could hear the strong wind. When the ride's going down, it's as if my soul is being out of me. Am I afraid? Ani! I'm not afraid of heights! I wanted to scream, but I can't. I looked at her and she seemed so calm. Just smiling. But I know she's also keeping herself from screaming.

"Aren't you gonna scream, yet?" she shouted at me because the wind's too loud.

"Not a chance!" I shouted back.

"Scream now, Kris!" she said. She knew I can't take it any longer.

"No! You scream!" I said.

And so, none of us screamed. But on the second round, the ride is faster. I looked at her and she closed her eyes. As if she's praying.

"Yah! Not fair! Look in the front!" I shouted at her.

She peeked with her one eye and she saw that we're going down. And she screamed. And I can't hold it any longer, too so I screamed after her. Soon the ride was finished. We're both laughing at each other as we get out. She let go of my hand and that's when I realized that we've been holding hands since we started the ride. I chuckled to myself.

"Now, let's find cotton candies." I said.

"I know, I know." she nodded, still smiling to herself.

We walked around and found the cotton candy trolley. After she bought two cotton candies. Pink and blue. She gave me the blue one. She ate the pink one. Then I remembered how she loved the color pink back then. We were walking hand in hand when we both stopped. We were staring at the Haunted House. I looked at her to see that she's looking at me.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She said.

"First to scream. Ice cream." I said.

"This time I will win, oppa." she smirked.

We entered the haunted house. The atmosphere is really cold and the sound effects were really frightening. Everything is dark, almost unable to see. I looked at Soonkyu who seem to be enjoying herself. Aren't she scared? But then I remembered, SNSD did the Horror Movie Factory before. This kid is not afraid. And she can control her emotions too well when it comes to this. The walls were moving. Or the floor were moving, too. I didn't know. Soonkyu almost fell to me and that's when I realized that she didn't hold my hand when we entered the house. She is fearless.

"Sorry, I almost lost balace because of the floors." she said.

Then a white lady appeared out of nowhere and started walking directly to me. I was really about to scream when Soonkyu laughed. She dragged me deeper into the house as we walk past the white lady.

"You should have seen your face!" she giggled. "You're so afraid!"

"Yah! I'm not afraid!"

"Yes you are!" she stuck her tongue at me.

I love this side of her. She's so happy like a kid. I haven't seen this side of her for like... an eternity. We were walking in an empty corridor. Black walls, black floors. Soonkyu was clinging onto my arm. We continued walking, anticipating what's going to be the next surprise. Suddenly a monster appeared in front of us.

"Waaaahhhhhh!!!!!" I screamed in surprise. The monster looked like a zombie and it wanted to eat me.

Then I heard Soonkyu's laughter. I looked at her and she's laughing at me. She grabbed my arm and we continued walking past the zombie. She's still laughing.

"Yah! Don't laugh!" I told her.

"I can't help it! Wu Fan oppa is afraid of zombies!" She chuckled.

"It's not funny!"

"Thanks to zombies I will get an ice cream."

Suddenly a man's laughter echoed in the area. It said bwahahahahahaha! Then we came into a dark room with red lights. There was a monster who's in the center. When it saw us, he growled and ran to us. Soonkyu quickly grabbed my arm and we ran from the monster. I looked back and saw that it's the one who's laughing. The monster looked like a bull with the body of a human.

"What kind of monster is that?" I asked Soonkyu as we ran away. The monster is chasing us.

"That's a minotaur I think." She said, not looking back.

I looked back again and saw that the monster is really fast. I looked to where we're running and read something hanging above. Hall of Deaths. I looked back again, any time soon, the monster will catch us. It will be able to catch us if we won't run faster. I still can run faster, though. But Soonkyu. She has short legs.

Oh, well. Here goes nothing.

"Climb on my back, Soonkyu. Or the monster will catch us." I stopped her from running.

I lowered myself a little so she can reach me. She climbed on my back swiftly.

"Do you run fast?" she asked but I didn't answered. I piggybacked her through the Hall of Deaths. Passing through different walls. Sometimes something would scare us. Until the monster stopped chasing us.

"Oppa, he's gone. The monster is gone." she told me as I was still running.

"He must be hiding." I told her and we stopped for a moment. I looked around. "Where should we go? It's like a maze in here."

"Put me down now." she ordered me. And I let go of her as she jumped off of me. "I'm not good in mazes. You?"

"I'm not good either" I said. "Let's just walk." she nodded.

We walked around the Hall of Deaths. Different ghosts or monsters would try to scare us but I didn't even look at them. Proabably I was tired. Hoping we could find the exit. Soonkyu led the way. Sometimes she would ask the ghosts where is the exit. She's using her aegyo that's why they gave us the directions. There's even a white lady who asked for her autograph. Probably she's a fan and recognized her voice or her aegyo.

In no time, through Soonkyu's aegyo, we finally reached the exit.

"Are you tired, oppa?" she asked, holding my hand, as we walked around the amusement park. "Aigoo. It's my fault you carried me there."

"Ani! You're not that heavy, anyway."

"Haha! You owe me an ice cream!" she smiled. "Let's find it!"

When we found the ice cream stall, she quickly went to it to look at the available flavors.

"Two vanilla ice cream, please." I told the ice cream man.

"You love vanilla, too?" she squealed. I nodded.

I paid for the ice cream and we walked around. She linked her arms to mine.

"Oppa, let's ride the Ferris Wheel." she said as she dragged me to the line. We were finished eating the ice creams when it's our turn.

I didn't realize that we're silent until we got in the ride. We sat beside each other.

"Soonkyu... Do you have a problem?" I asked her.

"I've been thinking." she said, not looking at me.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I put my arm around her shoulders. I thought she would brush it away but she didn't. Instead, she scooted more closely to me.

She hesitated for a moment but told me anyway.

"Oppa... Did we. Somehow became related to one another before? Aish. I know it sounds ridiculous but pieces are starting to mean something." My heart skipped a beat. Does she remember everything now?

"What do you mean?" I asked worriedly. She looked at me but her expression changed. She became cheerful again all of a sudden.

"Nothing!" she beamed at me.

"Tell me."

I was expecting words to hear. Instead, I felt her arms s around me. I was taken aback by her actions. I looked at her and I saw her grinning at me.

"I like you, Kris." she said before she rested her head on my chest. "And I am not kidding."

We stayed like that until our turn ended. She smiled at me before we stood up. We walked out of the amusement park hand in hand. I accompanied her back to her dorm. It's only a few blocks away from the SM Building. I accompanied her up until their door.

"Kris, thank you for this day! I hope we could meet again soon. But my schedule is tightly packed until next year." she said.

"I know we would meet again soon." I told her.

"Kris. Do you think you'll like it if I cut my hair short?" she asked out of nowhere.

"Not really. I think it would look good on you. And I will like it." I said honestly.

"Arasseo... See you soon then." she told me.

"See you soon." I said and turned around leave.

I know she haven't went inside because I didn't hear the door opened or closed.

"Kris! Wait!" I heard her voice. I turned around and found her running to me.

She reached for my neck and leaned in. Our lips landed on each other's. We kissed. Our kiss lasted longer than expected. None of us wanted to pull out. But we had to breathe.

"I'm gonna miss you, Kris. Don't you dare have a girlfriend while I'm gone. And promise me you'll debut soon, okay?" she said as she hugged me tightly.

"I'll miss you too, Soonkyu. I promise." I said.

 

a/n: It took me a while to update because I wanted this chapter to me perfect! :)
I love you guysss! Thank you for supporting me, and this fic, and SunKris!
Thank you for subscrbing and commenting!~
You're all a blessing to me. :)