The day that changed their lives.

Unbreak My Heart

 

Kris
Vancouver, Canada

It was a normal day for all of us. I overslept again. Why didn’t mom wake me up this time? I thought I specifically told her to wake me up in case I would be late for school. Why mom? Seeing the time, it’s already 8:00. Meaning I’m missing Math for today.  How am I supposed to graduate like this? Tch. The exams are tomorrow. The graduation’s next week. . I will come last, I suppose.

I went down the stairs to eat breakfast. I saw Mom eating pancakes with my older sister.

“Mom, why didn’t you wake me up? I’m late for Math.” I told her, as I sat down the table.

“Math won’t be necessary for today, my dear.” Mom said.

“Are we going out?” I asked.

“No, silly. We received a mail earlier this morning.” My sister said. She took a sip from her hot choco.

I just stared at her. What could that possibly mean? Ugh. She’s crazy. What’s the point? I took a bite from my pancake.

“We received a mail from SM Entertainment.”

That was the day we received the mail from SM Entertainment. That mail said that I was accepted in the auditions. That was the happiest moment of my life! I couldn’t believe it. Mom said, as soon as I graduated, we shall move to Korea and live there for some time. Then my sister shall start a job there. I am so happy! My whole family is supporting me! My dreams are going to come true!

I didn’t understand how they accepted me. I know I don’t look that good. My skin is dark because of playing basketball. And I know my voice isn’t good as the other SMEnt stars. Oh well, I guess I should take it. It’s now or never.

 

Sunny
Seoul, South Korea

“Sunny, I’m afraid you had to find another agency from now on.” My boss said.

“Wae? Oppa.. But I thought I did well?” I said.

“You did very well, honey. In fact, you did so well that you will only fail in my company.”

“Wheesung oppa, I won’t fail this company, I promise!”

“The company went bankrupt, Soonkyu. I’m afraid we can’t train anymore. There is a company that’s holding auditions next month. Go for it.”

And that’s our final conversation. The very next day, I moved out of the company. My mom was surprised to see me back. I was surprised, too. Is this the end of my career? I can’t accept it. But the company that’s holding auditions-- I don’t belong there. And I don’t think I ever will.

“Why don’t you try there? They wouldn’t even know your secret.”

“But what if they knew? What will everyone talk about? For sure they will say that I do not have a talent. That I got there because I’m a relative. That I am not worthy.”

“Just do well in the auditions. Just try to keep your real identity. There are many Lee’s in the world, my dear. Not just you. Besides, Lee Soo Man wouldn’t even know you’re there.”

“I know Mom. Thanks.”