Chapter 8

A Twist In My Story

The next morning, you woke up with a sore throat.. You don’t know the reason why. You didn’t scream nor eat too many sweets the day before. Instead of just lying in your bed to rest, you stood up and get ready for school. 

“Hye , are you fine? Why aren’t you still going down to eat your breakfast? Just because you know I love you doesn’t mean you need me to come and fetch you here,.. Aish.” Hoonmin popped out from your back. You faced him with a frown, you want to say something but there was no sound coming. "Why aren't you speaking? Are you mute?" he held you in arms and then placed one of his hands to your head, "You have no fever, hmm?" You want to scream to the top of your lungs and say you have no voice that's why you can't say anything even if you badly want so. You grab a paper and wrote:

 

There's no voice coming so you better not bother me or else, I'll kick you!

 

You then left him right after you slammed the paper in his face. You're afraid to be late because you don't want to receive any punishments so you just give your mom a paper with a note of;
 

Mom, I'm not hungry. I'm afraid I will be late for school.. Please don't worry because I can take care of myself!

Love, HeeYoung <3



You ran to your bicycle and head off to school. Luckily, Mr.Kim was not in your classroom yet so you weren't late at all. 
It was break time when MinMi visited you in your seat. You just gave her a timid smile and went back reading. You were tired of talking without a voice. You were trying hard to say something but there is still nothing coming out. "Are you sick?" MinMi sat next to you. With her question, two heads turned to your direction. JungMin stopped eating and start eaves dropping while Dongho just turned his head, stared at you for like 10 seconds then stood up. You wrote a note to a piece of paper, explaining to MinMi that you have a sore throat. MinMi red the note too loud, causing JungMin to really heard it. JungMin stood up and ran outside. His face almost slammed to the floor when someone tripped him, "Hye! What's your problem?" Jung Min blurted out as he stood up on his feet. He got startled to see that it was Dongho! Instead of asking if Jung Min was fine, he pulled him up and held him by the neck. Jung Min's back slammed on Dongho's body as Dongho whispered to his ear.


"Tell me what's the matter?" Dongho creepily asked JungMin. 
"Ha? What? You crazy headed. Let go of me!"
He didn't let go of Jung Min and just tight his grip.
"Is that nuisance sick? Huh?" Dongho doubtfully asked.
"Nugu? Nugu!"
"Aish! You stupid." Dongho finally let go of Jung Min's neck and heaved a sigh. "Is that girl sick? That girl in front of you.." he asked, whispering.
"Ah! Hee Young!!" Jung Min blurted out, causing Dongho to pull him again by his neck.
"Ssshhhhhhh! You are talking too loud!" 

Jung Min pulled himself away, catching up some air. “You are harassing me Idiot! Why do you want to know, huh? Aren’t you two are enemies! The hell you care! I’m going to the clinic to get some medicine for a person who has a sore throat! Babo!” before JungMin could realize that he accidentally blurted out everything, Dongho patted his shoulder, “Thank You, Lets be friends from now on.” With that, Dongho walked away with his hands on his pocket. JungMin, feeling so stupid on what just happened continued on his way to the clinic.

“Again? Why are you following me, huh?” the familiar face and voice welcomed JungMin when he opened the door of the school’s clinic. Dongho is playing with the medicine he asked to the nurse. “Ah, you’re not gonna tell me why? I’ll go first. We still heve 5 minutes before the class starts, make sure not to be late chatty.” He left JungMin and go back to the classroom.

“Huh. What Chatty? You Idiot. Don’t tell me he asked for Hee Young’s medicine? That guy is really mysterious.”

 

 HeeYoung's POV


I was reading my book when I got interrupted by a sudden tap on my table. 

"Here." I looked up and see Shin Dongho standing in front of my table. I tilted my head and he looked away. "Here." He said once again but didn't bother to look at me. There was a medicine in his hands. I tried asking why he is giving me a medicine but before anything else, he started speaking again.

"Don't try saying anything. Don't force yourself if there's no sound coming out and don't ask why I'm here. Here, take this." I was about to get it from his hand but he dropped it on my table. "I don't like skinships, especially with my enemies." I stared at him with my wtf face. That mushroom boy is being an annoying again. "You don't have to thank me. I'm just really kind to others, since you look pitiful.. I just thought you need a little help." He looked at me and gave me his famous smirk.

He started walking to his seat; I stood up and stared at him while he was sitting down. 
If I only have my voice, I'd scream in his ears and punch him in the face, but the thought of his effort to give me a medicine striked at me. Fine, fine! Just this once that I'll forgive you for being a kind enemy. I sat down and took the medicine before he starts talking again. Unfortunately, he started opening his mouth and talked again. "Gargle with warm salt water to help reduce swelling and relieve discomfort." Dongho was being so helpful, uh? I'm pretty sure I can google those infos.. Can he just stop talking to me? I thought. Well, I was thankful but pretty found it weird talking to him. I didn't say anything. I grabbed my book and ignored him.


I'm grateful we didn't do much talking on class. I was pleased to get a free ride from MinMi but I rejected her offer, as always. I just don't feel like sitting in the car, it's uncomfortable and I feel like I'm betraying my bicycle if I will not ride it on my way home. I almost forgot about my savior, I promised to find him but I can't with my state. I slapped my head mentally. I wanna see him again so bad but no way of talking to him without my voice. I sighed without any sound. I was on my way to get my bicycle when I saw Lee Kiseop walking crazily with his team. AIGOO! You tell me why all of the people to see is Lee Kiseop! I almost jerked out to run away but he caught me. I had no choice but to continue walking. Do I have any other choice? It will be a miracle if Kiseop won't brag around so as I expected, he called me with my full name right after he saw me, "JUNG HEE YOUNG!" I don't want to look at him nor ignore him because after all, he saved me from the flying ball yesterday but he's not my savior, because I only have one!

 

I walked and walked and walked until I found myself standing in front of him. Aish, that was annoying, especially when he started talking, "Where are you going? Do you want me to take you home?" I forced a smile and shook my head. "Go." a very familiar voice interfered. Wow, the great Shin DongHo popped out like a mushroom out there. I looked at him, with a question in my eyes. My face asking him what he is doing? "Go home and rest." He looked away, "Come on Hyung, don't bother this girl, she's sick and I'm hungry, let's go."

 

"You know her?" Kiseop blurted out and immediately held my shoulders, "You are sick? Is this because of yesterday? Omo! Let’s go to the hospital!" Shin Dongho, you rascal! Aish! I didn't know what to do during that time Kiseop was asking me. Why not just Dongho told him I have no voice? Such an idiot. "Yo! What are you guys still doing there? You need to hurry up, coach is looking for all you.." a man from nowhere uttered. I escape from Kiseop's tight grip. I shifted my body and..... AND... And I almost lost my trance. My heart almost dropped. I guess it melted.. twisted.. deformed. Whatever happened to my heart, I froze and my world stopped. Who do you expect? It was my savior!!!! Yes! Yes! Let’s not forget he's a part of the team now. I found Kiseop waving his hand in front of my face. Shame on me! I almost died in humiliation! I held my feelings and smiled. "You look very familiar. Have we ever met somewhere?" He talked to me! He was talking to me. He's so adorable. His confused face is making me go crazy. I was about to say something when I remembered I don't have any voice. I nodded, feeling my whole body tensed up! "Ah... Ah! Ah!" He looked like a happy 3-year old little kid. So cute! "You are the girl with the bicycle who almost TRIPPED OFF! Waaah, how forgetful I am." I wanted to cry but that won't help. Why my voice.. Why you ran away from me when I need you!

 

"Soohyun Hyung, I thought you're in a hurry? Don't waste time and Go!" Dongho blurted out. Let me punch that guy mentally. He is no help! Not at all. Why he keeps on annoying me? Gaaah. Soohyun Hyung? Soohyun Hyung! Soohyun. Soohyun. S-O-O-H-Y-U-N? Soooohyun!?!!! "Ah yeah, let’s go! Coach is not in a good mood so we really need to go!" my savior said and turned his head to me, "We need to go first", then shifted his eyes to Kiseop, "Kiseop, come on!" then to his other team mates, "Jaeseop, Kyoung Jae, kaja!" and then to Dongho "Dongho, you leave first, we need to practice all day and don't forget to send me a message when you're in home, Araso?" With that, they all ran faster than the wind and disappeared. Dongho and I left together in the same position. "I told you to Go but you're still standing there like a stupid." he was talking to me again. For no exact reason, I smiled and patted his shoulder. I walked very fast to my bicycle, muttering only one name,.. Soohyun. Soohyun... Soohyun.