Chapter 28

A Twist In My Story


"Geudae nae eokkaee gidaen chae
Salmyeosi nae son jabeul ttae geuttae nan aratjyo
I sarang meomchul su eobseo..."

Wind in your hair, you didn't move from where you are standing when Dongho stood up and noticed your presence. You arrived at your meeting area not too early or too late. Wearing the smile you cannot hide, you walked behind him and placed your hands on his eyes. He held your cold hands tight, stood up and removed it gently. He spun to face you and stepped backward while sighing in relief. You gave him a questioning look and that was when he started singing this line from the song When Love Stops.


 

[ trans:]
"When you leaned against my shoulder
And softly held my hand- that's when I knew
That this love cannot stop.."

 


You tried to hold back the tears that were exasperatedly want to fall. It wasn't clear for you what he was trying to tell you yet you didn't dare to ask and wait for him to speak.

"Did I sing well?" He asked and you nod to agree. "Am I what.. Do I look scary tonight? Can't you come a little closer? There's no one here except you and me.. Aish." You chuckled and stepped forward to notice what was in his back. There are yellow little candles that were being stood on the sand, forming "I LOVE YOU" and beautifully lit in its finest.

"Oh...." you gulped and gave him a surprise look. "Perhaps.."

"Yeah, I did it." Dongho then put his hands on your shoulder and made you sat on the swing in front of the candles; he stood up still in front of you and let out a deep sigh.


"I came to a place where no one seems to know us, except for those friends of my hyung that I came to treat as my real brothers too.. They pushed me to go to school even though I said I don't want and I don't need. In our first day of class, I came late because I got stuck on traffic that morning. I entered the classroom not knowing any faces inside. Mr. Kim told me to sat behind while he was finishing explaining things.. After he's done, he let us pick up our seat number from the box.. I didn't complain with mine although I want to be beside the window, I didn't say a thing.. yet there was this fella who stood up and let out his mind of disagreement, I mentally laugh.. She got the seat I like. Mr. Kim asked us for traders and you stood up to volunteer.. You smiled so wide when you reached her seat, you smiled to us who were just around you, but I gave you a deadly stare. Can you remember?" He asked you and chuckled cutely.

"Yeah. I remember it, very well." you smiled and answered it in return.

He sighed and continued, "When I saw you, I said to myself that 'this girl is a nuisance and will bother me a lot'.. that's why I keep on showing you coldness. That one moment when I made you in danger because I left you to lose in the market, I swear to myself that I'm going to kill those bad guys and make them suffer. You didn't hit me after we escaped nor say bad things I deserved. I thought you'll hate me but I received a Thank You from you instead. I thought I will be more annoyed by you, but as days pass by and as I see you every day~ I can't control myself but to like you. You are beautiful, very kind, thoughtful, cheerful, friendly, quite insane.. and getting me envious whenever you greet Jung Min 'good morning'.. I tried to stay away from you because I felt like I always bring trouble to you, yet I failed. Although I know who you truly likes, I told myself that 'No, Shin Dongho should protect Jung Hee Young' that's why I decided to stay by your side." A tear ran down on his face, but he immediately wiped it off and continued, "I didn't expect that we will be very close.. that I can be next to you, as much as I want.. Everyday that I'm with you seems very precious to me. We fight, argue about little things and eat together.. those moments I like doing with you." Dongho walked towards you and you stood up from the swing. "I know that I'm not the one you like.. but I've come this far to confess my feelings for you. Whether you accept it or not- it's better too late than never." He chuckled, feeling a bit weird doing an unusual thing.


He stared at you deeply and called out for your name, "Hee Young, I-...."
"Kajima!" you screamed and pushed yourself to hug him, "Don't go.. Don't go. You don't need to go." You told him in between your tears. "You will stay, right? I know you will stay..." you were about to pull back and look at him but he tighten the hug and told you not to move, "Let’s stay like this.. Just one more minute. I won't leave you, I promise."


It was a long silence. Just the two of you in the middle of the night. You were sure you were in your right mind. Sure enough that this guy next to you is the one you truly like. Holding each other's hands, you feel amazed that you never imagine you'll end up like that.

...


"When should we meet again? Tomorrow? And then the next day? And the next next day?" you widely smile while asking when you reached your house. "I'll fetch you tomorrow then. Where do you want to go?" He asked. "Hmmm, lets see.. I want to do hiking! Ah no, I want to try fishing... and camping and biking! Ah! Let’s go to the beach tomorrow!" .... "Do you want that all? Aish! Can we do everything in a day?" You frowned while nodding. "Got it. I'll be here tomorrow morning.. Go inside. They must be worried by now." .... "Yeah, Goodnight and See you tomorrow!" You turned your back and started to walk inside. You never felt being in cloud nine for longest time of your life. No one ever made your heart pound like Dongho can.

 

 

 

HEEYOUNG's POV

 

He said he loves me, and I believe it. In a blink of an eye, I found myself falling in love.. with someone whom I never thought I would. In just a snap~ I knew what love means.

I closed and opened my eyes with Dongho, not leaving my mind. Am I what? I feel like anytime my head will explode thinking of him. I can't stop the pounding of my heart, nor the sweetest smiles that keep on escaping within my lips. I couldn't deny the spark I have for him. I won't even stop myself to make this feeling take me into its deepest and longest limitation.

I stood up and immediately took a very fine, warm and long bath. It was so good that I fell asleep for a couple of times. Yeah, funny. I even sleep in the bathtub. I sat on my bed and reached for my phone to found out 27 missed calls from Dongho. Huh? 27! Holy fishes. I forgot to bring it inside the bathroom. . . . There were no text messages explaining why he called me. Oh~ missing me this early? That was my thought and smiled crazily.. but no..? No. No. No. There must be something wrong. I dialed his number but it was turned off. I started to panic, grabbed my clothes and went downstairs.

"Good Morning, honey. Come on and I have many things to ask." My umma approached me as soon as she noticed my presence. I knew it. She would throw me questions about arriving home late these days. "Yeah, umma?"
"Don't you have anything to say to me first?" she asked and I shook my head.
"Really? Good. I trust you enough. Maybe I should not ask. Oh~ eat your breakfast, honey." she asked me to sit and placed a plate of pancake on the table.

"Where's oppa?" I asked her and took a bite of the pancake.
"Hoonmin? He went out to say goodbye to a friend." Say Goodbye? to a friend? I mentally laughed and continued eating. "A friend or a girlfriend? That's insane. Hoonmin oppa is a jerk." I jokingly said, thinking Hoon oppa was lying. What goodbye thing? That's funny. "What girlfriend? I don't know if he has one but from what I remember, he said it's a friend going to America. Didn't he tell you? He asked me why you aren't up but he was in a hurry so he didn't bother to wake you up.." my umma explained. Wait. This has something to do with me, I thought. Don't tell me....

"Oppa.." I called out when he picked up my call.
"Oh, Hee Young!"
"Where are you right now?" I nervously asked.
"I'm inside my car now, going home. I'll be there less than an hour." He answered and I can hear Jaeseop's voice telling him to hurry up and start the engine.
"What did you do? Who are you with? Did... Could it be possible that.. Why.. Is Dongho.." I started to stutter and my knees went weak. I don't know how I should put my thoughts in words.
"Younggie? Okay listen, I-"
"Hee Young!!" Hoonmin oppa's words cut off by someone that snatched his phone. It was Kiseop, I was sure with the way he called my name.

"Yah! Give it back!"
"No! You drive and I'll be the one to talk to her!"

I can hear Hoon oppa and Kiseop arguing on the other line. I didn't say anything until Kiseop called out my name, "Hee Young? Are you still there?" Kiseop asked and I answered 'yes.'

"Hee Young... Our Soohyun and Dongho left already." Kiseop's voice was sad yet with a bit funny tone. "Why weren't you here? You should have say goodbye to your friends-"
"Give it back to me!" Another cutting of words, but this time, it's Hoon oppa taking back his phone from Kiseop. "Hee Young.. No, listen-"


 

Beeeeeeeppp.

 

I hang it up while Hoonmin was still saying something. I don't care anymore on what they want to say. Left? Who left who? All my thoughts flew away as I ran outside our house and stormed off the road.

Where am I possibly going? I don't know. They left? He left? Does this makes sense? No.... No way! Dongho promised me he would stay for me. He wouldn't leave me. He couldn't.
"DONGHO!!! Dongho~ah! Dongho! Shin Dongho!!!" I found myself in front of their house and screamed for his name.
"SHIN DONGHO!!!!!" I didn't stop until someone tugged my arm.

"Hee Young..." it was Hoonmin oppa.
Fast enough to find me.
"Tell me they are still there, right?" he didn't answer so I started screaming and tears, they fell on my face uncontrollably. "He said he wouldn't leave!!! He promised he would stay!! Oppa, tell me you are joking! NO!!!" I screamed and pushed Hoon away. "SHIN DONGHO, YOU ! Get out! Dongho! I know you are there!!! DONGGHOOO!!!!!" I cried with my best and I didn't care.

"JUNG HEE YOUNG! Stop! He's gone!!!" Hoon shouted and held my arms very tight. I looked at him with my messy face. "He's gone.." he gently uttered and hugged me. "Don't be like this.. Please, Hee Young let's go home." I replied him with my cries. I felt like my heart will burst, that someone was crashing it without mercy.

What everyone was trying to tell me was they're gone.

They left.
Despite the fact that Dongho promised me he'll stay.. He left.
He left me.


 

SHIN DONGHO,
YOU, LIAR.

 

 

 

Anyone that's getting sad, confused or disappointed with what's happening?
Ehhhmmmm ^^;;; Please wrte down your comments under!
It would be much appreciated than sending me messages :)


LOVELOTS. #ShinDongho