Chapter 23

A Twist In My Story

 

DONGHO's POV

 

For a second? A minute? An hour? A day? A week? A month? How could someone be sure enough to handle his feelings?! It's not like yesterday would be like today nor tomorrow, right? I know (I definitely know) I'm cool. I'm full of pride, an , according to HER and I don't really like examining my feelings for freaking nonsense sake.. but this time, I tried my best to open up my heart and decided to confess to the girl I (really really) like.

***

 

Wasn't it very nice to actually got invited to come to a dinner? Although I was slightly nervous and doubtful, I came up with the decision of saying 'yes' to Hee Young mom's invitation. I made sure not to be late but I didn't realize I arrived too early. I was waiting outside when Hee Young's mom saw me and approached me to come inside. That was a little embarrassing since I was 30mins early than expected, but it was really a good thing she noticed me because that wouldn't be fun waiting outside just because I wanted to impress Hee Young's mom not to be late. Mrs. Jung let me wait in their living area and told me to relax there until she's done preparing. I was busy wandering my eyes in their interior when I heard a very familiar voice, greeting me from behind. My body stiffened with the sound of her voice, but I still managed to immediately stand up. Bad Idea! As I spun my body to face her, I froze on the spot. She wasn't looking at me but I was pretty sure, she was muttering something. I don't know. I wasn't in my right mind to hear what she was saying cos I got too stunned with her beauty. She was wearing this floral dress that definitely suits her lovely face and she let her hair to fell down again, how I love to see her not in braid. "You look really good.." my mouth unintentionally let out it slide. She said I look good too, holy heavens! I worked hard to fix my hair before going there! I became triple vain because of this dinner! No more mushroom hair. I warned the hairstylist to make sure I'll look more handsome. All my thoughts flew away and slow motion took my mind. We stayed for like how many minutes staring at each other. I was mentally praying for a help before my knees get finally weak. Thank goodness, her mom was there to rescue my out-of-trance moment.

 

The dinner went smooth and hilarious. Mrs. Jung has a very pleasing comfortable personality, just like her daughter. Not to mention she's like my mom that likes butting in and asking a lot of questions. I didn't mind her questions though because it made me feel not a stranger anymore. I wasn't aware on how long I was staying there for me to get surprise that it was really late when we stood up and I asked for my goodbye. I should thank Mrs. Jung for letting Hee Young to lead me the way out, and she even mentioned to call her 'aunt' instead. Wow. Maybe I should start practicing myself to call her in that way.

 

I felt like I was walking in a barb wire when Hee Young was right there walking behind me. I know that she didn't want to walk with me until the bus stop, I know cos she's always complaining that to me. I assured her that I can make my way there alone, and besides.. I have my motorcycle with me so there was really nothing to worry about. I was planning to apologize on my reckless-stupid decision of avoiding her for the past couple of days that time cos I felt so wrong letting my bad temper to ruin our relationship! I mean our friendly relationship. /SIGH/ Why do I need to see those moments anyways.. So, I turned my back to face her and say sorry, but what got me is catching him smiling to herself. That was cute cos it looked like, she didn't notice my stares to her. "Why are you smiling?" I asked instead of saying 'Don't smile. I'm falling..' I don't want to be a creeper! She denied my question of accusation and panicked. Geeeeez! Why so adorable?

 

As she made a sigh of disbelief, I unintentionally tugged her in her arms and for gracious goodness sake; I pulled Hee Young into a hug! Thanks to my instincts.. the thing I wanted to do for so long came true. I don't know, until now, how should I react with the sudden skinship. I repeat- I did that out of purpose! But I wouldn't deny that whenever we are alone together, I want to always hug her for crying out loud. We stayed like that for minutes but I unfortunately let her go when she complained that she can't breathe no more. Oops. And as expected, she asked me what was the meaning of my hug and I just said nothing. That would be a real prank for her if I would blurt out that I hugged her cos I like her. Ha ha ha. If I was only brave enough that night, I probably told her already. Psch. So she ran back home after we exchange our goodbyes, plus that little talk about the motorcycle that I didn't understand at all. When I was about to go and start the engine, I noticed Hoon hyung walking towards the gate so I called out for his name. I almost forgot he also lived there, I mean staying for good. Woah, how lucky. He talked about my visit there and so I replied that it wasn't my first time. Then, he pulled me over the shoulders and whispered weird words!

 

"Don't waste your time and ask Hee Young to go out. Stop denying to yourself that you like her."

 

UH OH. I think it's not right to say 'weird words' since they were words that speaking out the truth (?) Oh come on. Don't tell me he actually took notice of my feelings for Hee Young ... now- that wasn't cool. Then it only means that I wasn't careful enough to hide my true self.

 

I stayed quite late thinking about the matters that happened. Not just on that night nor the whole day, but everything that had happened after I moved to my new school. It was a bitter sweet feeling to think of all the good memories I created with Hee Young so I came up on my vague belief that I'll surely confess to her the next day. Okay, so much for my dramatic talk..

 

That morning, I arrived at school with the sight of Jung Min, shaking Hee Young's shoulders and was about to pull her into a hug. This ert! I rushed to pull him through his neck. Huh! What was that guy thinking? He doesn’t deserve such a hug from Hee Young! NO. Not when I waited for something like that to happen, last night, for a long time. "Good Morning" I greeted and so she did. Mornings with her greet and smiles are more awesome. She sat back to her seat and was contacting someone in her phone, I suddenly felt nervous as I called out for her name.. "Hm.. What is it?" she asked and I felt my forehead was starting to perspire. "Can we have a talk later? After the closing ceremony.. I just want to say something.. Ahh. Ahmm. Yeah later..." Holy Heavens! I said that while stuttering. I immediately stood up and went out. I heaved a feverish sigh and was repeatedly mumbling to myself that everything will turn out well after I'm done confessing.

 

*

 

beep.. beep.. beep../ Mr. Kim was in the middle of his speech to our class when I reached for my beeping phone. I took a look of who was the caller and found it was Soohyun hyung. That was worrisome cos he never gave me a call when we are at school, especially when he knows I'm still in my class. So, I immediately excused myself to go out after we bowed and paid our respect of gratitude to our homeroom teacher. "Hyung!" I called out when I answered the phone call. "Dongho! Come on out and see me at the gym now!" Oh. He sounded like it was something urgent. "Gym? Now!? Okay I'll be there in a second." I answered and he hung up. I was hesitating to go because of my so-called confession thing that I wanted to do, but I couldn't deny my concern with the urgent call. I ran from our building to the gym and found no one. I waited for quite a long time and after minute of minutes, I saw Jung Min walking towards me, "Oh Dongho, I didn't know you'll be here to help with the cleaning." He said and I just gave him a glare. What. Don't tell me my brother called me out for this? Then I should just go back and talk with Hee Young. Cleaning won't never be fun I tell you. I was about to go when I noticed Soohyun hyung running from a far. He was gasping for air when he reached me and I immediately asked why he sounded and looks like in a rush. "Dongho. Come with me, dad wants to have a talk about something important.." hyung answered between his heavy approaches for air. What the hell. What is that old man wants to talk about? Something important, huh. So that's why he came back to Korea? To bug around between our lives? No way. "What? Why? No! I don't want to see him. Hyung, don't mind that old man!" I said, obviously in a pissed off tone. I know I once said that I'll think about seeing him again, but no- not more than that. "This is not the time to be stubborn, Dongho. He needs to meet us before flying back to New York. Give consideration, at least for now. Please?" I heaved a sigh of disbelief with what my hyung was trying to push into my mind. Consideration? How would I give it to someone that don't owns it himself. Wow. I didn't answer and just gritted my teeth in exasperation. "I know it's hard but.. do this for me. Okay? Let's go." Soohyun hyung gently uttered and started to walk off. I followed from behind after throwing something in disgust. Fine. If not for my hyung, I wouldn't see and come. Geez! What an extreme wrong timing!

We headed off to a cafe nearby and were taken to a private room upstairs. There, I found my dad waiting for us. He was in his normal appearance. I didn't see any change after not meeting him for almost two years, but his white hair is now more visible. I wasn't feeling anything the moment I saw. That was very weird cos even my anger disappeared. I wasn't happy or sad. Not overwhelmed nor irritated. I was just simply there with Soohyun hyung.. like a little child that was being brought to somewhere he's not familiar with.

 

He didn't notice our presence until Soohyun hyung approached him as we sat down, face to face with him. "I'm glad you came." He muttered but I wasn't looking at him. I just don't like seeing his face for a long time so I shifted my gaze to the painting that was hanging on his left back. It was a painting of a girl that was busy writing down something in his pad and there was a girl that looked like, will about to approach him from behind. It was a plain painting that you can easily understand the meaning although what bothers me is the shadow of the guy. It was different from what he was actually doing.. I don't know!!! He was resting his back to the girl and.. Aish! Okay. I give up on explaining. "Dongho.." I heard my hyung whispering my name. I turned to face him and he signaled me to look at our dad. "Dongho, I know it's hard for you to be here.. but thank you for coming." He said as I looked to face him. Good. Good that he's thankful I came. I didn't reply and just gave him a smirk in return.

“What is the important thing you want to tell us?” Hyung started the conversation about why we were in that heck meeting. He smiled and let out a chuckle. Huh, was the question funny for him to react like that? “Sorry to disturb both of you. I came back here to personally ask you about something. Although I am uncertain that you’ll approve my offer.. You, Soohyun, have no choice but to say yes.”

I brows knitted in what he said. Eh? Don’t tell us if we say No. If Soohyun hyung won’t do that something he would ask. What will happen then? “I don’t get your words; please explain to me why you called us here and what’s the real matter you want to talk about.” Soohyun hyung was still calm although I know deep inside he wanted to punch this old man.  He’s always like that. Very calm and taking things slow. I don’t know how he’s keeping up his composure, but I salute him for that.

 

“Come with me in the States and marry Yoo Rin.” The old man uttered and it made my eyes widen.

 

What the actual . Who will come with him? Who will marry? And what! Who the hell is Yoo Rin?

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Sorry for some confusion./ -___-
This is Dongho's POV (part one).. this isn't like currently happening
but partly of what happened. Did you get my point? OTL .. I'm
bad at explaining! Sorry ;__; I'll post the second POV soon ^^;

Anyone's free to post in my wall and ask :)
Thanksssssssss!!!!! I love you all :*
Comments are always appreciated!