Chapter 4

A Twist In My Story

That night, all you can think of was what happened that afternoon when you were on your way home. You tried to forget him but you really can't no matter how hard you really tried. Even your anger to the mushroom boy can’t no longer enter your mind. You can't help but to smile and giggle on your own. In the sixteen years of your existence, this is the very first time someone moved your heart to its restlessness. You were sitting in your bed hugging your pillow, when your mother opened the door and asked if she can go inside because there is something she want to talk about.


"Ye, of course umma. Come on in", you stood up and widely opened the door.
"Thanks, honey. So do you still remember your cousin from Gyeonggi-do?” Your umma asked you right after she comfortably sat on your bed.
"Gyeonggi-do?", you were trying to recall the name of the place when someone suddenly popped out from your mind, "Hoon! Hoonmin oppa! He moved to that place.. right?" tilting your head, you waited for your umma's response. "Ye, Hoon will be moving back to Seoul for his studies and your aunt called me this morning. She asked me if I can take care of your cousin for a moment." You were not blinking and just listening very eagerly. "So.." she continued, "I came here to inform you that he will stay here until his parents come back from Hong Kong." You stood up and held your umma's hands, "Wow! You mean.. Here? As in here in our home?"
"Of course honey, you don't want your cousin to wander alone in the city, do you?" You nodded and happily clapped your hands like a 3 year old baby..



 

*Hee Young's POV

Yeo Hoon Min. My favorite cousin who used to protect me when we were little kids. When I was 9 years old, Hoonmin oppa and his family moved to Gyeonggi-do because they opened a new business there. My family used to visit Gyeonggi-do twice a year but when I was 15, they moved to another place and we got too busy with our own lives.


Oh~ how I wish to see his bunny face again! I'm so excited to pinch his cheeks until it will turn to red.. and he's very good in giving advices. Hye... Hoonmin oppa, please come very soon!


 

NO ONE's POV

"Hoon will arrive here tomorrow so make sure to give him a warm welcome, araso?" Your mom stood up as she was reminding you 
"Ye, umma. For sure, I will," you gently answered. "Goodnight baby.. You should sleep now, huh? You need to wake up early for your school tomorrow." with that she kissed your forehead and left. Once again, you were left alone in your room and all the memories you were trying to forget back. You sighed and headed to your bathroom to clean up before sleeping. You then started to talk to the girl in the mirror after washing your face.


"Is love at first sight.. true?", you asked to the girl.
"No! Or maybe yes? I don't know.." she answered with her furrowed eyebrows.
"Do you think I will be able to see him again?"
"Not really. If its meant to be then it will be."“Really? So I should wait for that day. I hope we are meant to be..”
"Will you please stop thinking too much Jung Hee Young?" the girl utter shouted.


Sure thing, you were dumbfounded talking to yourself. How you wished that your unni is there to help you. How you wished you can tell your mom or maybe ask her if she believe in first love. You clenched your fist and thought of your cousin Hoon. "I'll just wait for Hoonmin oppa!" You brushed your teeth and changed to your pajamas. When you were about to turn off the lights, your phone suddenly rang.

 

Kkori mwoni kkori geuge nun tteugo motbwa jugenne~~
Mari doeni mari geuge giga makyeo motdeutgenne~~
Mwo hajaneun saundeu ~~~ ---- `


You ran to your side table and saw that the caller's number is unknown. Oh~ who might this person to call during this time? You thought but didn't bother to clicked the 'answer' and spoke.

"Yoboseyo. Who's this?" you gently asked.
"Guess." the person on the other line said.
"Excuse me? I have no time for guessing and I'm not the type who likes to play at this time so pl-", you got interrupted by the caller's hilarious laugh. The laughof this person is very familiar that you chuckled when you figured out whose the owner of the voice.
"Kevin? Kevin! Hey there Kevin!!!", you were sure that was your friend Kevin. He didn't stop laughing on the other line and you got irritated.
"Yah Woo Sung Hyun, can you please stop laughing and just talk why you called?" you irritatedly muttered.
"Fine.. Fine. Yeah, it's me your angel buddy Kevin!" he kept on chuckling, "I can't believe you are being so harsh to the phone."
"Whatever you say. Oh, why did you call at this time?" you glanced at the clock in your end table and saw it was already 10:24pm.
"Nothing. I just missed your voice, Hee Young." you blushed with his angel like voice.
"Yeah, I missed you too." you blushed more, "MinMi and I miss you so much, why aren't you still coming back?
"Oh, I got to go now! Umma is here, bye Hee Young!" 
"Yoboseyo? Yoboseyo!"

beep.. beep... beep.


No more Kevin on the other line. Why so fast? You thought.

 

*HeeYoung's POV

Why so fast? I miss Kevin. Just like Hoonmin oppa, I miss him a lot too. Minmi, Kevin and I were classmates since grade school but Kevin went to America with his family about three years ago. He never forgets us but he never come back as well. I want to see him right now.. His voice is not enough to fill my longing heart.

 

He is my best-est guy friend. After reminiscing, I stood up and turned off the lights. I reached for my phone and scanned my recordings. I have recordings from Kevin because when he was still here, he loves composing and singing for us. Little did he know that I'm always recording it so that I will be able to listen to his voice from time to time. I played his 'My Girl' and shut my eyes. His voice is like a lullaby that is touching my heart. I played all his recording that night until I drifted off to sleep.

 

 

shinskisses:

Sorrryyy! Sorry for updating so late :(
I'm in my parent's hometown right now so
I'm having a hard time to update :)
Don't worrryyy I'll make it up for you! ^___^

 

Thank you and Enjoy reading!
UKISSissssm <3333