Chapter 14

A Twist In My Story

 

HEEYOUNG's POV

He knelt down. I panicked. I moved backwards but he caught my right foot and don't want to let it go. I protest but his grip was too strong. "Hye, You Shin Donghooo!!! What are you doing? Hye!" I half shouted. He lifted up his head and shot me a deadly glare. Oow. His glares are really scary ah. I stopped talking and didn't move. He held the shoelaces and neatly ties them. Oh. (How sweet. So he just wants to do this to me?) You see how bipolar this too. Okay. I should start avoiding calling him with that name. "Ah you don't need to do this. Thanks." I said, politely. He stood up and in a serious tone, he said, "No. What do you think I’ll do to you? Tss. You aren't attractive enough. I'm just concern with the balls if you trip off because of your untie shoelaces. Haha, what are you even-" he chuckled. So annoying!

Me. Not attractive. . (Oops) I can't really understand this guy's attitude. Sometimes, he is nice but often times, he'll do real to me. Duh. How mysterious. Very mysterious. He took the box from me then started walking off, but I grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked in despair.

"What?" he chuckled.
"This? I thought you hate me. Why are you helping me? It's my punishment. Don't do this." I said randomly.
"Fine." he harshly gave the box and walked away.

I know. It was a real stupid thing that I asked him those questions! I know.. but I just can't help to think why he's now acting like this. Don't blame me that I am confused. I guess, he hates me again. I reached the gym's ball room open. Good. I placed the box of balls where I took them earlier. I wonder who opened it. I looked around but there's no one around, until.. someone covered my eyes with his hands. I can tell it's a guy's hand cos it's not as soft and light weighted as with girls. "Excuse me.." I muttered softly more than asking. I didn't panic cos the grip was not as strong as a guy that's ready to hurt someone. "Guess." the guy uttered ily near my ear. It sent shiver to my body. "Yah!" I elbowed the guy in his chest. Ouch, it was so hard, but I made him remove his hands on my eyes.

"Kiseop?"
"Ah. Yes, Hi Hee Young..." he said in embarrassment while caressing his own chest.
"Hey, sorry. I didn't know it's you!" I walked towards him, "Are you alright? Did I hurt you?"
"No. I'm fine, just.... it just hurt a little. Wow, I didn't know you're that strong."
"Well. Ah.... YAH! Why did you do that!? You scared me in your whisper! You jerk!" I said while jokingly hitting him.
"Haha! Sorry, was just trying to play some game." he chuckled while patting my head. I removed his hand. No. Hands off! "Excuse me Mr. Lee Kiseop... I have to go now." I was about to walk away when he spoke again.

"Hee Young, what happened last night?" Last night?! Did Dongho tell him? "What? What about last night?" I asked him, deep inside feeling nervous.

"I'm just wonderin' if anything, out of our knowledge, happened? You know... Just tell me..." his stare looks like he knows about something. "Are you fine?" he added. Oh freak. Don't tell me, he really knew about it!" Uhmm. Whatever happened last night had already happened. It's no one’s fault." Whaaat. What did I just said?! Kiseop over acted grabbed my arms, "Why? Why! Why did you give it up? So I was right? He kissed you!" he over acted placed his hand to his forehead and over actedly talked to himself in disbelief. Kiss? Kissed? I laughed really hard. So he was thinking something like kissing happened. To us? To Me? And Dongho? Haha. PaboSeop. "Why are you laughing?" he asked. I paused, "Cos you are funny. Nothing like that happened. Are you kidding me? Why would I give him a kiss...? Why would we even do that.." Kiseop overacted smiled and jumped in happiness, and out of curiosity- I asked him "But what makes you think something happened last night?" ... "Well. We arrived at their house very late because Eli was little drunk. AJ and I carried him there and Soohyun asked us to stay. Dongho was still awake that time. He looked like thinking of something very important while lying on the sofa. He looked bothered.. so I just assumed something happened. He looked so strange last night." he confessed. I want him to say more but my next class was about to start so I excused myself and go. "Oh it's time. Sorry, I badly need to go! Bye Lee Kiseop!" I waved and walked off while hearing him shouting these words like forever, "YahH! Go on a date with me!"



......

When our last class ended, I immediately said goodbye to Minmi and rushed to Ahjumma's store where I found her eating cutely. "Oh Hee Young!" Ahjumma noticed me standing at the corner. I smiled and walked toward her, "Thank you very much Ahjumma. I hope I didn't disturb you that much." ... "Ah no! It's okay, dear. This child is really cheerful, she told me everything that happened to her and what did you do to save her. Yes she's shy but she will talk if you'll be nice to her." I shifted my eyes to Ga In and she was actually looking in our direction so I gave her a smile and waved my hand. "Go now before the sky would darken. I don't know where you would take her and what your plans are, but I know everything will be fine. Go~" I gave ahjumma a hug and took Ga In with me. I'm very thankful I have someone like her. I planned to stop over to a shop and bought her a paper bag full of candies and chocolates. I also gave her a small pororo stuff toy as a remembrance. Yes a remembrance. We headed to the police station afterwards. Ga In told me she got lost in the mall, two weeks ago, and was being taken by that badass where he brought her to their master and that's how they started to command her to do dangerous things out of her will. I assumed her parents are finding her so when we got to there, I asked the officers regardless the issues of lost children. They said there are four in their list. The officer mentioned the names and there's Ga In! Park Ga In. 8 years old. They mentioned a lot of information and everything just fit to Ga In. Yes. Yes! It really is, Ga In. "Ahmm sir! Can we contact her parents now?" I was getting nervous in no particular reason. "Why?" We talked for half an hour. They asked me about these things and those, confirming I'm not behind anything. "Alright, so Miss. I asked someone to call her parents and they said they're coming now. Please kindly wait at the lobby. We will just call you when they arrive."

We sat together in the long and comfy sofa at the lobby. Ga In and I talked about a lot of things about her life, such a perky kiddo. I really like kids. They don't lie, unless they grew up in a gruesome way. I was telling a story when she suddenly uttered, "Dongho!" huh? I was shocked, why would she mention her name when I was talking about how I like puppies. "Dongho? What about him?" I asked her."Unni, I saw Oppa!" she said while pulling my top. "Ga In ~ah. Dongho oppa won't be here. That's too impossible." she pouted and repeatedly said that she really saw him. I ignored her because that won't really happen. We talked and waited for like an hour and when the officer finally called us up, Ga In ran to see her parents looking for her. It was really really touching to see them being united again. Imagine a parent being worried for her daughter's life for two weeks? It's heartbreaking. I reached for my phone and found eleven missed calls from my mom and unread messages. My umma must have been worried for hours. It was already pass eight o'clock in the evening that time, so I gave her a call and told her I was just running through some errands and that they don't need to worry that much. I feel sorry because I can't tell her the truth but I have nothing else to do. They have trust in me, especially my Appa. I hope this is the last time that I would hide something like this. When I finished talking to my mother, I found Ga In and her parents waiting for me. They thanked me and we talked about what happened. We didn't take hours in talking, they wanted to go to a restaurant to eat with me but I refused to. I hugged Ga In and said my goodbye. Awesome. She's now safe with her family. I left the police station with a very wide smile and a happy heart... at the same time, with a tired body and growling stomach.

 

NO ONE's POV

Yes. After being very busy for the day. You almost forgot to eat. Take note: you didn't eat breakfast. Well, maybe a three inches long cheese roll is counted. Breaktime: you ate nothing. Dinner: what is dinner? It's already pass nine o'clock and you still haven't eaten anything. You step outside the police station, feelin' very weak. You slowly go downstairs while breathing deeply when someone grasp your hand and forcefully pulled you to walk with him. He's walking so fast and you just can't open your mouth to say anything, but from his bouncy mushroom hair, you know who's this badass that's grasping your hand harshly. "Who told you to make yourself hungry?" he seriously asked. "Ah.. Dongho.. I'm fine." Although you are clueless on how he knew you are feeling very hungry, you assure him you are fine. He stopped walking and glared at you. "I'm fine." you uttered again. He spun his whole body to face you. "You look ugly. You know that?" Your eyebrows met in the middle, in annoyance. He shifted his look and looked up. "No. I mean, you don't look really fine." You are trying to be fine but you know you can't hide the tiredness in your face. You heaved a sigh. "I'm hungry." you blurted out.

He pulled you once again and you went to the nearest restaurant. You ate until you got satisfied, Dongho just watched you eat without composure.

"You are a mess." Dongho said when you ate the last piece of chicken in your plate. "I know and I don't care. Especially when you're the one saying it." He paid everything without letting you to attempt paying what you ate.

"Ah. Thank you for the treat. Hm, I don't know why you are being kind to me again. You feel pity on me again? Or you are starting to like me?" you whispered the last question. Dongho moved aback. "A.. Ar.. Are y-yo-o-uu crazy?" he asked you while looking up. You chuckled. "I am crazy. Yes I am if I meant what I said, cos duuh,.. even if you like me, I won't like you. Haha. Never! With a capital N-E-V-E-R." You laughed in what you just said. You were really kidding in your last question. After all, you aren't aware if someone has a feeling for you. Literally saying- you are absolutely like those stupid numb girls. Dongho sarcastically laughed with you.

"Ah, are you going home now? I want to go somewhere before coming home. Do you want to come with me?" you asked him. "With you? Haa. No. Way. No. I'll go home now." he said then smirked. "Fine. Annyeong! Bye and thank you for the treat!" you spun around and started walking. Dongho just stood up still, thinking if he will follow you or not. "No. I don't like her. If I followed her, it doesn't mean I have feelings for her. Of course, I just want to go somewhere too before going home." he muttered to himself and started walking with you.

"OH. I thought you wanna go home now?" you asked when you felt his presence beside you. "I want to go somewhere now. What's the problem? And yah! I don't like you." he defensively said and you chuckled, "Who says you like me? You are so weird." Dongho felt ashamed but shook the super mega nervousness he feels.

You reached the playground and sat on one of the swings. "Here? You wanna go to the playground?" you started swinging while Dongho is standing in annoyance. "Why? I like playgrounds. Come on! Don't be so kill joy and play!" you sped up and kicked the ground with full force, "Yaaayyy! I'm going higher!!! Weehh! Come on, Dongho! Play!" you were busy swinging to not notice Dongho is actually swinging you. "YAH! Stop! Stop! This is too hiGH! YaaaahHH!" He stopped swinging and laughed really hard in your scared reaction. Really really hard. “Dongho..” you called him, “Hahaaaaha,… What?” he was still laughing like there’s no tomorrow in his life. “This is the first time I see you like that.” You said and smiled. He stopped laughing and felt embarrassed. Dongho hates it when someone is seeing him like that. “No. I was … You are.. j- jus-just fu-nn-ny.” He said while stuttering. “You hate it when someone’s seeing you like that? You look good when laughing.” You started to swing yourself again. “You should smile more often” You looked at him and smiled. He looked away and sat on the swing next to you. “Tch. What do you know about me?” he muttered to himself.

 

“Wow! The sky looks awesome!” you overjoy uttered when you look up to the sky. “It’s pretty! Isn’t it?” Dongho was staring at you without you noticing him because you were busy being amazed in the sky. “Ah by the way..” you looked at him. He immediately shifted his gaze and you just continued without noticing his sudden panic face. “Won’t your mom be worried to you? It’s late. Did you give her a call?” You asked being concerned on his parents feelings. Dongho sighed. “I gave my Hyung a call.” …. “Hyung? You have a Hyung? I man, real blooded Hyung?” You curiously asked. “Soohyun Hyung. Who else?” Your eyes widen. “Soohyun Hyung? Soohyun? You are real brothers? And not just a Hyung like a sunbae.. Or…” Dongho looked at you puzzled. “You don’t know? Isn’t it obvious? Tch. Really. Pabo.”

 

You really didn’t think of something like this. You thought they’re all friends, like how Dongho calls Kiseop and the others Hyung. Trying to figure out things, your head is mentally spinning.

 

“Shin Dongho. Shin Soohyun. Shin…. Brothers?” You seem to see trouble.