Chapter 18

A Twist In My Story

 

 

"Thank You! Thank You for always saving me!" you bowed your head after running towards Soohyun when you immediately saw him walking from the gym. "Oh, Hi Hee Young! Thank You? Did I do something for you to thank me?" Soohyun's eyebrows met while trying to remember if he did something for you to thank him, but before he could ask you again, you handed him a box of homemade cookies you baked wholeheartedly. "What for? Ah I-" you cut off his words immediately because you don't want to hear him refusing your little gift, just in case he would. "Thank you again and please enjoy my simple present. Bye!" you bowed your head once again and ran as fast as you can before your face turn as red as a tomato in front of Soohyun. You can't stop blushing with his presence and your hands were quite trembling when you gave him the box of cookies. As you ran from Soohyun while your face was still burning, you accidentally bumped into someone else's back that made your landed on the floor.

 

 "Geez! Don't you have eyes!" the guy shouted, "Ouch!" you stood up and opened your eyes with a surprise when the guy turned his back to face you "Dongho!" he made a disgusted yet surprised look, "YAH! You Jung Hee Young, again? Ugh! It hurts! Why didn't you look-" Dongho was shouting when he remembered what happened at their house when he unintentionally made you eat cookies with raisins, so he immediately lowered down his voice and looked at the other side, "Why were you running?" your was hurting but it didn't bother you much since you were happy before you bumped to Dongho's back. "Ah, I'm sorry Dongho. I was.. Ahmm. I was just in a hurry! Come on, class will start soon!" you pulled him in his arm until you reached your classroom, "Don't touch me!" you let him go and chuckled as you found him cute with his annoyed expression. "Why are you laughing? Was it funny pulling my arms like that? Sheez." he gave you a deadly glare before entering the classroom and you just chuckled again, in return.

 

***

 

You never noticed how fast time flies away. It's been how many months since a new school year started, and many things had already happened. Now the holiday is coming and everyone's getting excited for your long break.  "I'm so excited to spend my vacation on New York with my dad!" MinMi cheerfully said while flipping her hair backwards. "Hay! My parents want me to come with them in my grandmother's home. Ugh, I don't like that idea." Jung Min uttered with a sigh. "I guess that will be enjoyable. You should grant your parents wish and have a great time with them." you told JungMin while patting his shoulders. "Thanks Hee Young. How about you? What are your plans for the upcoming break?" ...  "I guess I will just stay at home for the moment. My dad is busy with his work and HoonMin oppa will leave the house to go back to Hong Kong to visit their town house. I'm not sure if I'll come with him. I'm still undecided."

 

 "How fun! I want to travel abroad too." Jung Min complained and shifted his eyes to Dongho that was reading a book. "Yah Dongho! Where are you planning to go? Don't tell me you will go out of country too!" Dongho didn't leave his eyes on what he was reading yet he answered with his normal tone, "No, I have no plans on going anywhere."   MinMi, Jung Min, Dongho and you. The four of you became bestfriends, although Dongho never recognizes the word 'friend' in his vocabulary; his cold attitude never changes. His smirks, deadly glares, angst and even those hurtful words~ they are still in him. But the three of you get used to it, you won't get surprise if he'll not care for anything; He's a guy of few words, although you noticed he became more talkative than before.

 

There's still not a day that you two wouldn't fight, but you know it too well that those fights aren't really serious since it became one of your hobbies to make fun of him. You two even won in your graphics class when your teacher picked your work as the best among the class. Often times, you'll go with Dongho and Jung Min to watch the soccer team’s practice after your class. You still have that special feeling for Soohyun, but you aren't feeling awkward anymore when he's around. Sometimes, Hoon will approach you to come in their hangouts, and you never get bored with it since Dongho will always be there. Everyone stays the same, except that Kiseop finally get tired of asking you out and found a new girl to bug around. Eli and AJ still likes going to Noraebang so when the group hangouts, expect them to raise their hands and please everyone to go there. Soohyun is still not aware of feelings you have for him. He's always kind and thoughful to you. His smile still glows and you will still blush when he talks to you. You like listening to his voice when he sings when the group is in Noraebang and you can tell you're falling for his charisma when you're watching him play soccer.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"How about eating curry today? I'm craving for it for the past few days." AJ suggested when the practice finished. "Okay! Let's go and eat curry today! I'll have seven cup of rice today!" Eli happily said. "YOU GLUTTON! I bet you'll have more than ten!" AJ replied while putting his hands on Eli's shoulders, "Okay! Let’s go!" Soohyun uttered after closing the gym's door.  Your class was chosen to be the responsible for the stage's decoration for a special program; it will be a program for giving thanks to student's parents that will be held next week.

 

"This is enough for today! Thank you for giving your time, class. You may go home now and please be extra careful since it's already late! Araso?"  .."Ye, Mr. Kim!!!" the class said in chorus.  "My driver's here now! Bye guys!" MinMi gave you a hug and ran away. "Yah! Wait! Give me a ride home!" Jung Min shouted and said goodbye as well. You and Dongho left alone and you started picking up the trash from everywhere. "Let's go and just leave everything there." Dongho shouted from behind. "Hm yeah! In a minute! I won't forget that you'll treat me dinner tonight because you lost in our guessing game!" You chuckled as you picked the last piece of paper.  "Let's go! Let's go!" you held his arm as you cheerfully played with your feet while pulling him. "YAHHH! Your hands are dirty! Let go!" he removed your hands and pushed you away. "Dirty!? It's okay since you're an ! Come here, and let me touch your face!" you started make fun of him as you continue walking towards the gate of your school. "STOP! Jung Hee Young, Stop!" Dongho was shouting and started to get angry but you don't mind it.

 

"Hey! Hey! Hey! What are the two of you doing there?" you heard Kiseop's voice from behind. "Kiseop~ssi!" you stopped annoying Dongho and waved your hand. You also saw AJ and Eli from his back, and of course, there's Soohyun that made your cheeks turn red a little. "What were you doing, huh? Are the two of you dating!?" Kiseop questioningly accused. "NO! Of course not. Never!" You immediately opposed and Dongho just made a repellent look. Soohyun chuckled from the back and asked the two of you if you want to go with them and eat curry. "Curry? Yeah sure!" you said with a bright smile. "No. I want to eat something else today. Let’s go!" he turned his back and paused "..but If you want to eat with them, Go." he uttered before walking away. "Dongho! Shin DoNGHO!" you shouted but he didn't stop from walking. "What's that kid's problem?" AJ asked as everyone gets confused with his unexpected cold action, especially you. There's nothing wrong between anyone of you so you got surprised with the sudden change on his mood. "I'll follow him. Have a great time eating curry!" you bowed your head and ran to follow Dongho. "Dongho won't change his mind." Soohyun said after the two of you disappeared. "What's happening, hyung?" Kiseop asked in confusion. "Our father called me last night. He wished to see me and Dongho on our school's break. Of course, Dongho refused to see him but I told him to change his mind since it's been a long time since we last see each other, but he just said do as I please but he will never want to see his face again." Soohyun explained and heaved a sigh. "Dongho's still sensitive when it comes to your father. He's still mad at him." AJ said in a sad tone.

"I guess so."

 

 

 

"Hold on! Dongho~ah! Please stop walking! Shin Dongho!" you kept on shouting from behind while following Dongho. He was walking very fast that it gets to your nerve so you started running and were able to tag his uniform’s sleeve. When he finally paused, you made him spun around to look at you. "Dongho.." you gently called out his name, "What's wrong with you, just now?" you carefully asked him but got nothing in return. He was looking down without any sight emotion in his face. You bite your lower lip and let go of his arm. "Alright.. Let's just go and eat? Hm?" you waited for his answer again, and he just nodded and started walking down the street while you just followed from behind.

Normally, Dongho will push someone away that's interfering with his emotions and life, but not you. He learned that no matter how he'll push you away, you will be that one annoying person that won't let him be alone. Of course, for you it's just a way of helping him since you treat him as one of your closest friend, but for Dongho~ you are the only person he can find comfort with. Soohyun can't always be by his younger brother’s side, that's why Dongho is very thankful he has you. He may often treat you cold and out of justice, but it's his only way to protect his pride and to avoid his burning feelings for you.

 

"I'm home." Dongho uttered in a low tone. Soohyun was sitting in the sofa waiting for his brother to arrive. "You're late. Have you already eaten something?" Dongho nodded without looking at his hyung's side. "Dongho, I won't force you anymore so please don't be like this. I know-" Dongho paused from walking and cut his hyung's words, "I'll think about it." As he said that, he continued walking upstairs straight to his room. Lying flat on his bed, he reached for his phone where he treasured your photo that he secretly captured when you were busy watching the soccer team's practice with him. "Thank You" he muttered, staring at your photo before he shot his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Update!!! ^^~ I hope you are enjoying the flow of the story....
Thank you for reading! =)))))))))))) 
What can you say about uBEAT?!!!! The duo is very awesome with Kevin!
I just finished watching everything since I just had my spare time this week!
Daaaabakkk!!! 
Let's all continue supporting UKISS!!!!!! Dongho <3 I miss You!