Chapter 19

A Twist In My Story

 

The next day, you arrived at school early and headed to where your class is still working for the stage's decoration. "Hee Young!!!" you found Jung Min waving at you and you came towards him "Good Morning! You are early~" you removed your back pack and put it down. "And so you are~ Here.. Help me cutting out these letters." Jung Min gave you the scissors and you started helping him out. You were all excuse for the classes for that day since all the teachers have an important meeting regarding the upcoming program and school break, but everyone should at least come to school for practices and stuffs need to be done. "Good Morning! Good Morning!" MinMi cheerfully greeted you when she arrived, "You are so noisy MinMi~ Uh. Uh! There is Dongho.. Dongho! Here! Here!" Jung Min waved and shouted so Dongho would see where you are. "Good Morning." you greeted and flashed a smile when Dongho sat next to you but instead of greeting you back, he moved behind you and let his back fell to yours. His head leaned to you’re the back of your head as he yawned and said he wants to sleep more. "Oy~ Dongho! You are so selfish! Don't you think you too heavy, leaning your back to Hee Young! Aish! Come on.. I'm offering my back!" Jung Min shouted even though he was just sitting next to you. "Would you mind shutting up your mouth, Jung Min. Such an annoying guy. You are just jealous~" Min Mi said and chuckled to make fun of Jung Min. You smiled at how cute they are when arguing but Dongho got especially irritated as he removed his head from leaning on yours and came back on sitting beside you. "Oy~ stop arguing.. I'm sitting here now. So noisy.." More yawns escape from his mouth and you noticed his droopy eyes, so you asked him if he didn't get enough sleep. Actually, Dongho fell asleep very early but woke up at midnight when AJ, Eli, Kiseop and Hoon arrived in their house. "They slept there?" you asked in surprise. "Yeah, except for Hoon hyung that stayed for not a long time because he was afraid to be kicked out from your house. Hay~ Eli hyung was really noisy last night and kept on screaming 'I don't want you back.. I don't want you back', they even arrived with alcohols and snacks. Too bad Soohyun hyung wasn't able to handle them so they all got drunk and ended up sleeping there. I really didn't get enough sleep, and when I woke up this morning, they were still sleeping and snoring at the living area. How ridiculous." Dongho complained while rubbing his teary eyes and yawning. "So they were all drunk." you muttered, being that concern to Soohyun.

 

"Don't worry~ Soohyun hyung didn't drink with them." You blushed with what Dongho just said. "Huh? What are you talking about.." you looked down and felt your palm and forehead started to perspire. "Tsk. Tsk. Haay~" Dongho stood up and heaved a sigh. "I'll just buy drinks to wake up my sleeping soul." you then immediately stood up and told him you'll come with him but he asked you to stay and just wait for him. You sat back trying to analyze how did he figured out what were you thinking about Soohyun. "Something wrong?" MinMi asked while lending you more letters to cut.

Your class was able to finish the decorations before the sun finally set so everyone went home contented. "Mr. Shin, can I have a short talk with you?" Mr. Kim told Dongho after he said goodbye to the class. You promised to treat him to your favorite ice cream shop so you informed him that you will just wait outside the school. Dongho followed Mr. Kim at the faculty and you had your way outside to wait for him with MinMi and JungMin, but MinMi said goodbye immediately when her driver arrived. "I'm so hungry and tired~ why we need to suffer like this." Jung Min complained before his stomach growled from hunger. "Haha! You shouldn't complained when you had actually fun. It was nice working with your classmates and accomplished it on time.. but yeah~ I'm also feeling hungry." you leaned on the wall and rested your eyes by slightly shutting it off "Isn't that Jaeseop sunbae? Oh there are also the others..." you tilted your head but didn't care to take a look. "Oh Eli Idol waved at me.. Ah ah.. Soohyun sunbae is walking towards here! He's coming with your ex-suitor!" out of your mind from exhaustion, you were just half hearing him and when you fully opened your eyes, you saw Jung Min bowed and when you turned your head to the other direction, you saw Soohyun coming with Kiseop.

You both bowed your head as Soohyun suddenly approached you. You kept on looking down because you don't want him to notice if ever you're sweating or turning red. "Going home?" Soohyun asked and you nodded in return. "Hey Jung Min~" Kiseop started talking, "You want to try out to our team, right?" ... "Yes! Yes! Of course! I'm always looking up to you sunbaes! I really really want to be like you!" Jung Min replied exaggeratedly. "Good! Then be one of us." Soohyun gave him a form and continued talking, "We will appreciate if you can attend our try out session this upcoming break." Jung Min looked surprised and really honored, "YES! I WILL! I WILL! Of CouRSE!" He overstated while shaking and bending his body. "Come on. We will give you more details regarding the try out." Kiseop signaled Jung Min to come with him where they headed to where Eli and AJ were waiting. So certainly, you left standing there with Soohyun.

 

Your heart pounded abnormally and felt the indescribable feeling. This may not be the first time you experienced being alone with him but that was too sudden that you weren't able to control your feelings. "Are you waiting for someone else?" Soohyun started the conversation that made you perspire in nervousness. You looked down as you blushed and stuttered answering him, "Ah.. Ah.. Y- ye- yes.." you can't even look to his face and Soohyun got a little confused why you were acting like that. He asked if you are feeling fine and was about to place his palm to your forehead to check if you were really fine, but you unintentionally moved his hand away before he could even touch you. You were surprised with what you just did so you ran away from him after you bowed and said there's nothing wrong with you. Soohyun left there clueless and just went back to where his team mates were, together with Jung Min that forgot about your ice cream treat.


You ran and hide behind the huge tree and can't help but to hear the sound of your very fast heartbeat while gasping for air. Little did you know that there was someone watching you from not a far,  Dongho saw how you acted with the situation that made his heart ache and mood turned down. He is aware of your feelings for his brother, he always takes notice how you can be so timid and tense around him. He sure can still manage to act normal and sway his mood even when you're all hanging out together but he can't lie on how it's killing him inside. He started walking from where he was standing and went across where you were hiding. 

You thought Dongho didn't notice you so you pulled his arm and surprised him, but Dongho didn't even look at you and just continued walking. "Yah! I waited for you! I was standing there before I ran here!" you shouted, assuming he was ignoring you because he thought you didn't wait for him. Your words didn't work for him to stop from moving away. "Dongho!" you uttered as you ran towards him and stopped him from walking. You can see how incorrigible his face and how his mood was turned down, so you asked if he was mad at you and he said he was just tired, "Did Mr. Kim say anything to make you feel uneasy?" you asked one more time. "No. I'm just tired." With that he continued walking and it made you more worried so for another try, you called his full name and to your surprise, he spun around and gave you a frightening look, "WHAT AGAIN! I said I'm just tired!" It made you startled in horror and wasn't able to move. Dongho realized how out of thinking he just did and immediately turned around. "Sorry" He said in a low gently tone and walked away.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Your school’s special program finally came and everyone brought their parents with them. You came with your mom alone since your appa didn’t make it due to his tight schedule and heavy works in the office. The seats were half filled when you arrived but you were still able to found a good seat near the front. MinMi with her mom soon arrived and sat next to yours. Her family is a very close friend of yours, as well as Kevin’s, that’s why the three of you grew up together.

 

The program finished in three hours. There were special performances and a lot of speech from different respected people. There was also a role play that was dedicated to all the parents. You enjoyed the program too much that you weren't able to think of Dongho and the others. "Did you see Dongho and JungMin?" you asked MinMi when you stood up to leave your seats. "I met with JungMin before I found you. His parents came with him, and I think they sat at the back." ... "What about Dongho?" you asked her again, "Oh. I didn't see him.." MinMi stated and it made you pout. It's been how many days since you two weren't talking to each other. You want to confront him so bad but is you are too afraid to give it a try. You are afraid that he might hate you more, and you don't want that thing to happen. You weren't able to see each other during the weekends and you felt like he was avoiding you for the past few days. He did talk to you actually but it's not the kind of talk you were used to do, he is also acting very cold and strange around you. You wished you have the courage to ask him if you did something wrong or he just don't want to be friends with you anymore but you cant. "Hee Young!" MinMi shouted while shaking your arm. "EH?" You lamely responded. You were thinking too much that it is making you out to reality. "You are spacing out for the past few days. Something is wrong with you and Dongho.. I know that, but.." your eyes widened in her unexpected words. "..but you don't need to think too much. It will just make you miserable." she smiled as she hugged you. You realized how you were really thinking too much after what MinMi told you. Yes, she's right. You are making it worse because instead of talking to him, you are holding back yourself. He is your friend, a very close friend, so you should make a move that would make him understand clearly that you really care for him.

 

 

"Thanks, MinMi" you hugged her tight in return. "MinMi! Let’s go!" Her mom called out from a far. "Oh~ I got to go Hee Young.." MinMi said goodbye and leave immediately with her mom. You then ran to your umma and asked her if she wants to go home but she said to stay for a little while and have a walk; you didn't refuse and toured her around the school. "Here's our soccer field where I usually watch my nice sunbaes play. I like this place the most." you explained when you reached the field and sat on the bench at the side. "Your appa was a baseball player back then. You know that, right? So my favorite place at our school is the area where I used to watch him play. Ah~ those precious memories of my high school." You can see the sparks in her eyes as she reminisced her old days. You like listening to her stories though, its making you believe in true love. Your umma told you when you were still young how she liked your father in high school and how she found out that your appa feel the same way and how they ended up together. For you, their story is an inspiration in falling in love. "I'm happy I'm your daughter." you uttered and leaned your head on her shoulder. "I'm happy and grateful I'm your mother too." Your mom chuckled as she pinched your cheek. You closed your eyes for a while and enjoyed that moment with your umma when.... "Soohyun!" your heartbeat fastened with the sudden sound of his name. You froze and can't utter a word. *Was that my umma who said his name? Or .. am I just dreaming?* you thought and mentally slapped your head. "Hee Young.. that's Soohyun, right? That was the guy who brought you home and carried you up to your room!" Your umma's words are making you shiver so you opened your eyes and turned your head to where your mom's pointing Soohyun. *** Boooooommm. You felt like hundreds of meteorites fell down straight to your face. "Um- umma, you sure.. it.. is that.. that g-guy?" you asked her while stuttering. "Absolutely!" she answered and it made you mentally stab yourself.

 

 

"Dongho..?" you mumbled as your eyes glued to the person that REALLY saved you that day.

 

 

 

A/N:

Woops. Sorry for late update ^^ I'm trying to update as much as I can!
I'm really having a tight sched right now :)))) but I can't let you all wait for
my update! So yeah~ ^^;; sorry if there are sentences in wrong grammar..
I'm quite in rush to check and read it again. LOL

Thank you @CaitlovesKPop and @NicLuvGuiLun
Comments are appreciated ~~~ :D