Chapter 25

A Twist In My Story

 

NO ONE's POV

 

That same night, when Dongho arrived not so late in their house, he found his hyung sitting at the sofa while busy finding something. There are photos everywhere, and he guessed he was looking for something important by just staring at the mess.

"What are you looking for?" Dongho asked and walked towards the living area.
"Look what I've found.." Soohyun pointed the photo he put under the vase. Dongho reached for the photo and examined it. "Is this.. mom and the old man?" he doubtedly asked.
"Yes.. and I assumed that the other couple on the left are the parents of that Yoo Rin.." Soohyun explained.
"Wait.. So they really knew each other for a long time? This is crazy. You mean, the arrange marriage or so whatever is true. Hyung.."
"I know. I've found out several things to consider. If you don't mind, we can go to dad and ask him about it.. I am certain that there's a reason behind everything." Soohyun said and heaved a sigh.
"I have somewhere else to go tomorrow, hyung.. How about talking to Mr. Paul? He's a long time butler of the family. He's close to dad. I'm sure he knows a lot of things. We can go to him early morning, tomorrow." Dongho suggested.
"Great idea. Mr. Paul won't hide us anything since he became our friend when we were still living with dad."
"When will the old man go back to Hong Kong?"
"He said he won't leave without us. I asked him to give us more time.." Soohyun uttered then started laughing, "You know what~ this is funny cos I never thought we'll be like detectives.."
"Hyung, are you insane? How come you can still laugh when everything's getting miserable? Aish~seriously.." Dongho glared and also let out a laugh.
"We'll finish first this mess and laugh for real." Soohyun uttered and they pathetically laughed together.

***

It was past 2am when you finally cried yourself to sleep. You had a hard time thinking what might happen on the following days. You were much concern on every little detail that Dongho explained to you. You kept a calm composure while you were listening to him but deep inside, it was making your head spin around that even looking at him before you go became difficult for you. The thing that Soohyun will marry someone he doesn't know shocked your mind and heart, but more than that, the fact that they will leave the country bug you ten more times than how exams can make you worry in despair. How many days left for you to be able to see them then?

 

You can't still seriously believe of what you heard that night until you wake up. "I was dreaming all those times, right?" you muttered as soon as you opened your eyes. Heaving a sigh, you stood up from your bed and went downstairs, still in your PJ after gently washing your face. There, you found your umma with Hoon in your dining area, eating breakfast and were talking about Hoon's flight to Hong Kong.

"Good Morning, honey.." your umma gleefully greeted you when she noticed you walking towards the dining table.
"So, you'll go?" you asked with a yawn and sat down on the chair next to him.
"Hmm, of course. Mom's expecting me to be there, two days from now. Have you decided? She wants to see you too ya know." Hoon said between his chews.
"No. I don't know.. I'm not in the mood to think about it." you let out another yawn.
"Did you stay up late, Hee Young? You look very sleepy baby.." your umma asked and gave you a plate of pancake. Of course, even if you are deadly want to tell them what's bothering you, you cannot come up on idea of sharing other people's problem. It's the same as Dongho nor Soohyun didn't force you to bother yourself about their own problem, but you cannot stop thinking about it. "The birds were chirping.. I had a hard time sleeping.." you made out your reason but regretted it after realizing how stupid the idea of bird's chirping at night.
Hoon chuckled and lightly knocked on your head. "Hello? Hello? Are you sure your head's not empty? You sound so out of mind.. Haha."
You hit his arm and bring a slice of pancake in your mouth.


Your telephone suddenly rang that made your umma left you alone with Hoon to pick up the call. As soon as your umma left, Hoon uttered that he knew what's bothering you. "Shut up. I know you will say a lot of weird things again.." you said in contradiction.
"Telling the truth is different from telling weird things, Younggie."
"Being honest and being weird is different too.. but go, let me hear what you gonna say.." you challenged him and turned your head to your side.
"I'll ask you then," he chuckled once again before asking you, "Choose one from the following letters.. A. Because of Soohyun's arranged marriage.." With that, your eyes immediately widened in those few words and Hoon noticed your shocked expression, "Oh. Oh. Don't give me that expression, I'm not done yet." Hoon shook his head and continued, "B. Because Dongho will come with them in the States, or C. Both."
You ironically clapped in disbelief after he said those shocking revelations you heard last night. "Hah. You are really amazing Yeo Hoon Min.." you bitterly uttered and sighed.
"You should choose an answer before praising me, Hee Young.."
"D. None of the above!" you shouted in his ear and didn't notice your umma were already back there.
"What is none of the above you are talking about? Honey~ don't shout on your oppa's ear.. that's being disrespect.." your umma asked with his extra words of wisdom. Oops. "No aunt, we are just making fun of each other.. Haha. Right?" he messed up your hair and smiled. "Ah, I got to go.. I'll come home late tonight, aunt. Please don't worry about me." He stood up and kissed your mom in her cheek.
"Alright, have a safe trip HoonMin." your umma replied and Hoon disappeared from your sight.


"What the heecccckk!!!" you screamed when he was gone. You cannot understand how in the world he knew about it. Well, No impossibilities.. he is Soohyun's close friend after all, you thought. "Hee Young.." your umma called out and you knew it too well that she'll scold you again with her words of wisdom. "I know! I'm sorry umma.. but! May I ask you a question?" you timidly asked. "Anything honey.."
"Uhmm.. So umma.. Ahm.. What if.." you were hesitating to ask your mom but after thinking about it again, you continued, "Uhmm... Uhh. Umma, if you have a close friend that will leave and there's a possibility that your friend won't ever come back. What should I do..? AH! Ah! I mean, what would you do?" You asked while fidgeting.
"Oh then I'll spend my time with my friend as much as I still can, or maybe do things we never did before."
"What do you mean by doing things you never did before?" You asked again, leaning your body closer on the table.
"Of course I would like to do memorable things before we'll get separated, so that my friend won't forget me.."

You tilted your head and thought about the things you can do for Dongho that can be memorable enough so he won't forget you, but there wasn't an idea that's coming. "Thanks umma! I'll go upstairs now!" You turned around, running to the stairs but stopped in the middle when you remembered something. You came back to the dining area and approached your mom, "Umma, Dongho will come here today.."
"Today? Omo. Why did you just say it now.. Your brother has a two session violin lesson today because he wasn't able to attend last week.. What should we do?" What should your umma do? You mentally laughed. You were just saying it to inform her that there will be someone that's coming. "No, it's okay umma! I can handle it myself.. but it's alright that Dongho's coming?"
"Why not? Definitely fine! I know that MinMi's not here, I'm happy that there's a friend you can hang out with, and don't worry honey~ I won't tell your appa so he won't ask you questions of his own speculations." With that, you both laughed and you headed upstairs to prepare.


You took a quick bath and started cooking something when your umma and dongsaeng left the house. Around one o'clock in the afternoon, you received a text message from Dongho, telling you he was already there, waiting outside.
"You came. Come on inside." You uttered with a smile when you found him leaning against the wall outside.
"There's no one here so you can freely feel at home." You told him as soon as you found yourselves inside the house. He was still not talking or giving you a response from the time you approached him. "Take a seat, I'll get you something to drink." You left him and headed to the kitchen.

When you came back, he was still standing and wandering around your living area. "What are you looking out there, huh?" You asked and put down the tray on the table.

"Just admiring your photos here."
"Hah. Admiring or making fun of it?"
"If that's what you think it is." He spun around and walked towards you. "It's really cozy here in your home but why did you invite me here, anyways?"
Your mind froze and can't think of any appropriate answer. "I don't know, but I'm pretty sure you asked me if you can see me today? Didn't you?"
"Guess I lost in asking then.." he answered with a soft chuckle and sat down on the couch.
"You look lame.. more lame than yesterday. Anything new that happened? How's your flight? Are you planning to go very soon? When?" You asked continuosly without noticing.
"Knowing something that you never expected happened is worst for the brain. I went with Soohyun hyung where our dad is staying right now. We talked to our dad's assistant, who used to be our butler and asked and found out about these and those stuffs." Dongho said and paused to give you a stare.
"Why?" You asked in confusion.
He sighed and relaxed his back on the couch, "I'm so tired." He closed his eyes and you waited for him to say something again. "I didn't know my dad and my mom's marriage was just a ." With wide eyes, you asked him what he meant. "It was an arranged marriage.. It wasn't their choice to marry each other. It was a marriage for nothing."

You stayed still, you know you wanted to comfort him but you were much afraid to utter the wrong things. You were struggling so hard to ease the pain in his face but then, Dongho started to open up again, "Now we know why it's just so natural for that old man to ask Soohyun hyung to marry someone he doesn't even remember. My dad never loved my mom, or atleast.. He does love my mom but not the love that couples have." He heaved a very deep sigh and continued, "I was wrong when I thought everything was my dad's fault.. and also, the family of Park was a close friend of my mom's family. They were the one that helped and took care of my mom when her parents died. I'm not sure with the rest of the details, but they want Soohyun hyung to marry their daughter because they think, hyung is capable of handling their business too.." he opened his eyes and moved off his back from leaning on the couch to come closer to you. He asked if you are sad about what's happening and will happen to Soohyun. Even if you held back yourself from reacting in the way you don't want to react. Your body stiffened and your lower lip started to shake from uncertain nervousness. Yes. Of course. You are sad, and not just sad.. you are depressed and worried about him, but you can't absolutely tell Dongho about it. Can you? You weren't even aware he already knew every tiny piece of your feelings for Soohyun. You know nothing because you are so numb playing hide but never seek. "No.. That's nothing.." Dongho finally said when he realized he caught you in the act. Dongho understood how you were freezing with the question so he just stood up and stretched his back. "It seems like this is not a perfect day to be here. I'll go home now.. Thank you for listening with my problem again." Dongho uttered and started walking away to leave your house.

You didn't know why you suddenly felt hurt inside. It was like your heart became heavier as you lifted up your head and watched his back while walking away. You weren't sure what he feels but somehow, you guessed he was hurt because you didn't force him to stay. Your mind was a mess. Many thoughts suddenly entered your mind and without even noticing by yourself, you stood up to catch him in the arm and was planning to ask him to stay. You clumsily stepped your feet to reach him but instead of tugging his arm, you ended up almost tripping off the ground. "AhhH!" you let a scream behind Dongho and he was very fast to caught your arm so you didn't lay flat kissing the floor; but what Dongho didn't expect to happen was his turn to tripped off- WITH YOU. Blessed ball toy of your little brother, Sung Hee, that was irresponsibly wandering on the floor! As Dongho helped you to get up, slightly lifting up your arms, he accidentally stepped up to the ball and.. PLOCK.


You found yourself on top of him. You immediately blushed when you slightly lifted up your head to look at him.. but he was unconscious! You panicked and shook his body, forgetting you were heavy enough on top of him. When he wasn't still waking up, you sat up and leaned his head on your lap.

"Yah Dongho! Wake up... You ! Don't die this early! Waakkee uppp!" You violently shook his body and shouted random words. "I promise I will never call you again! Please wake up! I'll do anything you want me to do!"
"Anything?" Dongho uttered with his eyes that were still close.  You stopped shaking off his body and gritted your teeth in annoyance. It was simple. The ending- you were fooled by Dongho. He didn't really lose consciousness, but just played prank on you so he'll be able to see your reaction if you see him in that state.

"Huh! So you were playing with me! YaH!" you hit him in his chest for a couple of times, expecting him to widely open his eyes, but you just ended up frowning because he didn't move, "You won't open your eyes? Ah! So you'll continue playing with me?! Yah! Remove your head on my lap and go home! You -" before you can continue saying '' ...

Dongho opened his eyes and pulled your arm close to him, making you shivered. He lifted up his face closer to yours and deeply met with your eyes. It was very close enough for your breathing to become uneven. You didn't move, simply because you cannot.

"I heard you say 'anything'.." he whispered in your ear. You didn't know what to do, so you just shut your eyes tightly and didn't dare to speak. He was just inches away from you when...


*Kriiinnnnnnggggg
*Kriiinnnnnngggggg


 

You both froze in the act. It feels like the sound of the telephone alarmed your mind and delivered you to reality. Not that you were not, but you felt so blocked out with what he did. So, as soon as you widely opened your eyes, you both looked away with blushing faces after realizing how awkward your situation was.

"What.. What were you trr-tryi-trying to- to do!?" You asked stuttering with your back facing him. "I... I was.. You should pick up the phone first..." Dongho replied in embarrassment. What a disturbing call for the possibility of 'moment of truth'! Dongho mentally thought.

You stood up and rushed where your telephone was and picked it up to found out it was Hoon, looking for your umma.  "Uhmm.. She's not here, oppa." You answered. "Why were you taking so long to answer the phone? Is someone there with you?" Hoon asked and you started to perspire. "Mwo? What!? Andwae! No.. What are you saying? Ha ha.. Ha.. I'm alone, you know! Ah, what?! Umma is not here so, bye!" You were stuttering! You know how Hoon would tease you if he'll find out you were with Dongho so you thought a little lie won't harm. You were putting down the telephone when Dongho appeared in front of you so you got really surprised and the telephone slipped away from your hands.

"Hee Young.. Are you fine?" Dongho walked towards you and you didn't let him to come closer. "No! Just stay there. Don't dare to come closer.. I'll punch you!" You said that with your widened eyes. You didn't mean it in a bad way though, but you were too scared for any (an)other skinship. "No.. I mean. You just stay there for a while. I can't think straight!" Dongho laughed with what you said but didn't take it seriously. "I'll go home now. We'll see each other.. tomorrow?"

You stared on the floor and nodded. After he left, you felt very dizzy and out of mind. You knew yourself better than anyone, but you didn't know what was in you to act like that. "Hee Young.. you are so stupid! Calm down.." you murmured to yourself.


You ran upstairs and buried your face on the mattress. You don't want to think that Dongho was about to do something you won't like but there was a small-tiny-little voice that kept on whispering that he was about to kiss you. "No way! That's horrible to be true!" you screamed on the mattress and hit your head for thinking too much while opposing your mind of the truth that can't set your mind free.