Chapter 13

A Twist In My Story

You woke up with a sight of the little girl you carried home last night. Although you never realizes in your life that you would actually hide something from your parents, it’s a good feeling in your heart that you know she’s safe with you. You heard a knock from your door. You assumed it’s your umma since you have already used to her, knocking at your door every morning. “Oh, it’s time!” You simply muttered to yourself. It is time to get yourself ready for school so you stood up to open the door. You purposely didn’t let your mom to come in for she might see Ga In lying in your bed. You were dying to tell her the truth but you thought it will just give you more problems so you tried your best to cover up things.

“I’ll be there, soon!” you said right after you opened the door. Your umma gave you a strange look, but shook the idea of thinking for any reason, "Okay dear, the breakfast is ready." with that she walked off downstairs. "Sorry, mom." you heaved a sigh.You started preparing yourself and woke up Ga In. It took you how many minutes to actually think of plans or any idea on how to get her out of your house but no idea were coming out.

"Is there something wrong, honey?" you heard the voice of your mom asking you. You jumped from being startled and don't know exactly what to say.
"AHh! No! I'm fine! Just trying to find something!" you answered.
"We'll go first now, there's a program in your brother's school. We need to be there very early, are you fine all by yourself? Hoonmin is still sleeping. Your breakfast is ready, honey. Hurry up or you'll be late." you waited for her to say more but when you heard nothing and after while the beep from your dad's car, you assumed they left already. You stood up and watched the car as it sped up and disappeared from your sight. "Wow. How lucky!" you smiled happily as fate step in and you got saved. Maybe this is the prize for your good deed. You hurried up and took Ga In out of your room. You packed foods from the dining table and some from your refrigerator and neatly put them in a bag. There's no more time left to eat 'cause you'll surely be late for school. You took the cab and skip riding your bicycle for today.


 

"Go.. Eat these all." you opened the bag and let the little girl eat while you were on your way. "Ahjussi, ppali!" you commanded the driver as you were nervously staring at your watch. 6:49am. Surely, you'll be late for your first class. You already thought of where to left Ga In while you are still in the class. You deeply thought about it last night before you drifted off to sleep. There's an ahjumma that you are friends with, she's a very nice vendor near your school, she sells street foods but has this little stall with chairs and table. You prayed she will let you leave Ga In for a while. "No problem Younggie. Just make sure not to left her completely here, I don't wanna be a new mother in this age." she chuckled as she took the little girl's hands. "Of course. Gomawo Ahjumma! I'll be back after my class. You gently patted Ga In's head, "I'm so sorry to leave you for a while. Unnie will be back after her class. Ye?" she nodded and you ran to your room.

 

You were much afraid to take whatever punishment Mr.Kim will give you. You hurriedly opened the door and everyone's attention shifted to you. Catching some air while your hands in your chest, you walked timidly after apologizing for being late. "You'll be in charge of getting the balls for p.e class later Ms. Jung, and also the one that will put everything back. Okay? That’s for today's punishment." Mr. Kim uttered. You nodded and took your seat. "You okay?" Jung Min immediately asked you when you reached your seat. You just gave him a smile of reassurance and started sitting comfortably, although you were still catching some air.

 

HEE YOUNG’s POV

I'm lucky enough for my punishment for being late. I didn't expect I just need to get the balls we need to use for our game in PE. Hooh, I thought I would do such embarrassing things like running in the track field for 3 hours or squatting in the middle of our quadrangle. Haha, what I was thinking are impossible things for Mr. Kim to give. Good. He's really one excellent teacher.

During our breaktime, while my classmates were busy eating their packed lunch, chatting and wandering around somewhere else, I went to change to my PE attire and headed to our gym to get the balls.. but what welcomed me is a lock door of our gymnasium's ball room. Nah nah nah. Ottoke? I panicked a little cos  I don't know where to look for the key. Don't tell me I need to ask the PE department head for this? I don't get it why it is locked! Aren’t the students’ needs the gymnasium for them to really lock it?  Isn't quite stupid to do this? Tsk. So, this is my punishment? To get the balls and look for the key?! Did Mr. Kim plan this? Not something I can guess. Sigh after sighs; I ended up looking for the key. I ran to the department head's office to ask for the key and he just commanded me to find whoever locked it. He said he has nothing to do with it cos the coaches from the ball teams are the ones that are responsible for this. That was really stupid. Where will I be able to find it?

I was like a statue, standing in front of the locked door. When-

"Even if you whisper magical words there, it won't open on its own.'' I spun myself, glaring at the guy standing next to me. He ignored my glares and showed something in his palm. It's a key. So? I gave him a 'so-what' look, "What for?" I asked with a pissed off  tone. He sighed, brushing me off as he made his way to the door. "The key is for the padlock. Why do you think I am giving this to you?" he unlocked it and opened the door widely. I swear I know I looked like a standing in amazement. "Tch. Pabo. Don't worry, I'm not asking for your thank you.'' and with that, Dongho disappeared from my sight. Wow. What a strange guy. Did I ask for it?


NO ONE's POV

You entered the room looking for the balls for your P.E. When you found them, you immediately took them with you and locked the door again; but you tilted your head with the thought of where to return it, so when you spun around and started walking, still thinking about the key, you suddenly tripped off and dropped the box where the balls are inside. Ouch. You felt so stupid before feeling the pain of tripping off. You stood up and grabbed the balls.

"Need help?" a voice of creeper, you thought.

"No, thanks." you answered and grabbed the last ball from the ground. You looked up, seriously. Straightening up your body and ready to brush off the creeper when~ oh. Uh OH. Wrong Move!
"Ah! Annyeong Haseyo!" you bowed and greeted the man standing with his shoulder bag.
"Ah. Sorry. You look like in hurry. I'll be going now." Soohyun politely said.

O.M.G. You just thought of your savior as a creeper. You blushed in embarrassment and his presence.

"Ah wait! Ah. Ahmm.. I.. I.." you called him and stuttered like a contestant in a pageant forgetting her answer to the question. "Ah yes?" Soohyun stopped walking and faced you with a bright smile. You were secretly digging your mind on what to say when you remembered the key. "Ah! Ah.. Is it possible if you can hand this over to the coach? I really don't know where to give this back. Dongho gave this to me." Saved! Hah. You got nervous to stutter again in your words. Thank goodness, you didn't. "Of course. Oh really? Dongho did? Ah! How did everything go last night?" You stiffened. “Ah… Ahmm. Well.” You don’t know whether to spilled them out or not. Of course. Not. “Oh. I’m gonna be late for my class. Sorry Hee Young~see you around!”  Again, for the sake of your not breathing state, he ran off after giving you one last smile. You gulped and breathe heavily when he left. It made your day complete.


……………………………………………………

 

You ended up your P.E class with an exhausted and very haggard aura. Just imagine you ran from the gym to the quadrangle carrying a box of balls. Then right after you got there, you found your classmates waiting for you, so imagine the time you gave the box to Mr. Kim, you immediately warmed yourselves up and started playing. Damn it. You thought you'll die in exhaustion but you can't ask for excuses to sit in the corner and catch enough breath.

"Did my class enjoy our little play today?"

"Ye, Mr. Kim!"
"Okay. Next week we'll have a match for each group. Ye?  That's all for today. Class dismissed."

Finally. You can now relax and pause to breathe, but then you realized you are still the one that will return them to the gym's ball room.

“Need Help?”
“Yeah sure!” Oops. It wasn’t Soohyun but-
“Dongho? No.”

 

 

 

I didn't expect to be very busy for the last
few weeks :( soooorrrry for this short update!

Don't worry~ there are more to come! ^^