Chapter 22

A Twist In My Story

 

Everyone from every different class lined up and headed to your school's auditorium, where you listened to your head principal and teacher's speech. After the closing ceremony, your class headed back to your classroom and had some talk from your homeroom teacher, Mr. Kim.

"Thank you for behaving for the past seven months. I love my students the most!" Mr. Kim uttered cheerfully and everyone chuckled in his hilariousness. "Everyone should go and come back happily, hah? No one's allowed to go out with someone! No boyfriends and girlfriends yet!" a noise of disagreement filled the room, "Haha! Just kidding~! I mean not without your parents knowledge! Ok?"
"Nae! And don't go out with someone too Mr. Kim!" one of your female classmate shouted and everyone laughed including Mr. Kim. "Oh~ yes absolutely not! I'm loyal to my students! So class, have a great time with your break and we'll say each other after a month! Enjoy~ I'll go first because we still have a meeting with the head principal~" Everyone in the class stood up and gave a bow, "Kamsahamnida, Sosaeng~nim!" and with that Mr. Kim left first for a meeting while you and your classmates applauded in happiness.

 "Finally~!!! No more homeworks and projects and exams!" MinMi uttered excitedly while walking towards your seat. "Yeah~ and no more sound of my annoying alarm clock every morning.." you added. "So, come on now?" "Where?" "You promised me that you'll go with me to the mall~?!! Don't tell me you forgot about it..?" You tilted your head and asked her if you really promised something like that, "Oh~ yeah.. Now? As in right now?" You asked when you remembered you made a promise of accompanying her in her shopping after refusing the offer many times. "Yes? Cos you said to me that we'll go together as soon as the class ended. Right? So~ welcome to our school break! Alright, stand up now and lets go shopping!!!" she pulled your arm as she waved her body in excitement. "Ah.. Eh.. Just a moment? I need to talk to someone first. Can you wait for me in a bit? Please?" you asked and bit your lower lip. "Aish.. Who's that someone? Seriously.. Okay, I'll wait for you in the car!" You let her go first and started looking for Dongho.  "Did you see Dongho?" you asked to one of your classmates that was standing near the window, "Dongho? Oh, I saw him down there with Jung Min.." he pointed somewhere downward outside the window, "Thanks" you said and ran downstairs. "Geez! What's this? He said he'll say something and disappeared just like that? !" you mumbled underneath your breath while running in despair looking for him. You looked all over the place that your classmate told you, but no sight of Dongho. You tried to call him but he weren't picking up his phone, neither Jung Min. You were starting to get pissed when you saw Kiseop, walking carrying a box in his hands.  "Kiseop!" "Oh, Hee Young!" "Did you happen to see Dongho?" "Dongho? Yeah. He's with Jung Min arranging some sort of things inside the gym."
"The gym? Where? I checked it earlier and I didn't see him."
"What? Before I went to get this box from the faculty's office~ he was there. I'm going back there. Let's go and let's see.."

You nodded and followed him. When you reached the gym, you saw Jung Min and approached him immediately. "Where's Dongho?" ... "Hee Young.. Dongho? He went out with Soohyun hyung.." You knitted your brows in confusion and asked why he wasn't picking up his phone. "Oh, I left it in my locker, but why are you looking for Dongho?" You just shook your head and smiled. "Nothing important.. but do you possibly know where did they go?"
"I'm not sure but when Soohyun hyung approached Dongho earlier, he was a little pissed and he even threw something here. I asked why but he just muttered something like 'wrong timing..' and then Soohyun hyung came back and they went somewhere together.." It made you more confused and pissed. You stood up as your phone rang and when you answered it, MinMi was then complaining for you, taking so long to make her wait. "Ah.. Mianhae~ hmm, yes. I'm coming.." you hanged up and said your goodbye to Jung Min. "Why am I getting this pissed off? I'm sure that's nothing important.." you mumbled and headed outside the school to meet MinMi in her car.

***

So~ you went to the mall with MinMi to accompany her, buying new stuffs for her out of the country trip. It took you how many hours to visit all the boutiques in every corner of the mall, and when MinMi finally got satisfied after completing her what-to-buy list, you almost fell down on your knees in tiredness. Before coming home, you went to your favorite cafe and had a cup of milk tea and a little chat, "Thanks for coming with me Hee Young! Aahhh~ I really love my best best best friend!" MinMi told you with a big smile in her face. "Psch. As if I can reject you again.. and besides, I wouldn't be able to see you for almost a month so this is a great bonding before you go.." You replied and took a sip of your milk tea. "Hmm yeah~~ Oh Younggie! I think your phone is ringing~" ...."Is it?" You reached for your bag and answered the call, "Uh, yea umma? I'm with MinMi right now in a cafe.. Hm yeah.. but we are about to go~ Wae?" You asked your mom and she told you that Dongho went to your home and was looking for you but you weren't around, neither picking up your phone so she just suggested to wait for you but Dongho insisted to go and said it was nothing important. "Huh? He just go without saying anything? I understand umma.. We're about to go home.. I'll just give hime a call later... Hm, don't worry~ I can take care of myself.. Bye." You hanged up and took a couple of minutes talking with MinMi after going home.

Confused and feeling uneasy, you changed clothes as soon as you reached home. You kept on thinking on what Dongho was planning to tell you and why he even went personally to your house just to look for you. You grabbed your phone from your handbag and gave Dongho a call. At your first attempt to call him, he didn't pick up so you dialed his number again.
"Hello?" you uttered when he picked up his phone. "Is this really Hee Young?" Dongho, from the other line replied. "Dongho? Hm yea, this is me. Ahh.. I called to ask why were you looking for me earlier and oh! What was the thing you wanted to tell me? and YahhhHH!!! I kept on looking for you everywhere but you just went somewhere and-" you were starting to complain when Dongho cut off your words. "Hee Young..." he called your name not so loud and in a very lame tone. You didn't say anything and waited for him to continue. He heaved a sigh before saying something again, "..Am I able to see you right now?" ... "Huh? What do you mean? Is there something wrong?" you asked and waited for an answer. "I just want to see you.. but it's okay. It's a little late and.." he ironically chuckled, "Nothing's wrong.. Really.. Nothing.. I'm ..... fine.." he said in a more lame tone. You were about to ask him if why he sounded so strange when you heard a sound of a creeking swing. "Where are you?! You aren't home, are you?" you asked in despair. "I'm outside." he said and you heard another sound from a swing. "Just a moment.. Are you possibly in..? Don't go anywhere, I'll be there in twenty minutes.." With that, you hanged up and immediately changed your clothes as you ran to your bicycle and told your umma that you'll be right back.

With the help of your bicycle, you rushed to the play ground where you usually spend your time when you want to think of something and at times, with Dongho when he's in the mood to go there with you. You were sure enough that you heard the creaky sound of the swing and although you can't fully understand why you hurried up to come and see him, you were relieved to really found him there.  You arrived breathlessly while you carefully walked from behind where he was sitting. You tried not to be noticed and gently swung him forward. "What's wrong now?" you uttered while still gasping for some air. Dongho got a little shock with your sudden presence but instead of showing it, he chuckled and weakly smiled. "You are a stalker... fast enough to know where I am." he jokingly said and you stopped swinging him as you sat in front of him, hugging your knees. "You look like a pitiful in this angle.." he said then laughed. You sat still as you watched him laughing while still sitting on the swing.  "What are you doing here at this time?" you asked in a serious tone, "Nothing.." he said and stood up, stretching his back, "Would you stop saying nothing? You aren't the type of person that will go here at this time just for nothing.. Come on~ say it." you uttered with a smile. "Huh, what do you know about me? Hah.. Who are you?" he said while chuckling, that made you feel very insulted without notice. "Why are you always like this?" you stood up and started shouting, "Why do you keep on saying it's nothing when obviously there's something!?! Who am I?! Who AM I?" You were still shouting and Dongho was just staring at you with a frighten look, "I'm the person you can always make fun! Aren't I?  Do you think I came here if I am not concern about what's happening to you? What!? You'll get mad on me without explaining why? You'll suddenly hate me whenever you want! So that's why you are asking me what I know?!?  Do you know how much your words are pissing me off right now!!?! WhaaaAAAT! Say something!" you cried out and started hitting his chest. He held both of your hands with his and gave you a sad stare. "Say something!!!?!" you shouted, once again and tears started to come out from your eyes. "All this time, you didn't treat me as your friend? Am I a joke for you? Why can't you-"

Before you can say more, Dongho pulled you into a hug. A hug that was different from what he did to you the day before. You didn't push him away nor asked him to let you go~ instead you kept your mouth shut as tears were starting to flow because you can't understand what was happening anymore, "No.. Stop saying more." Dongho started to utter while tightening his hug to you, "You wouldn't want me to say what my heart really wants to say. Why do you keep on making these things more hard for me? I don't hate you. I would never hate you." You gently pushed him away and held his face with both of your hands, "Then what? What's the problem? Why can't you tell me what's bothering you?" You asked between your sniffs.



"Hee Young... I'll leave this country.. soon.. and might never come back."

 

 

 

soorrryyy! a late and kinda short update :))))
Heeeeehhh. Am I the only one that's getting more confused?
LOL. I'll give you a longgggg update for the nxt chapter!
I promise that *winks* for now~~just think of what might
happen..Hmm ^^

Aww.Your comments are all appreciated! I love you all <3
Hugggggggs for you and to Donghhhooo. lol