Chapter 1

A Twist In My Story

 JUNG HEE YOUNG ... (?)

 

Jung Hee Young. it's the precious name that your father gave you when your mother gave birth on you on the 17th of December. You have an unni and a dongsaeng, being the middle child-- you believe you are the nicest among your siblings. You are pretty- with big brown eyes, pointed nose, very thin lips, perfect eyebrows and your asset,your high cheekbones. You are surrounded by people who describes you as being very skittish yet no one can ever be as cute as you are, you're such an understanding person, very thoughtful and pretty sensitive. for your mother, you are an angel that sent from above, and as for your father, you're a  brave little girl, knowing that you only ask for their help once in a blue moon. You act very independent but immature, play and work seriously but still very childish,... you are one of the gloomiest girl a person can ever meet.

 

 You don't know why you are so moody. That's the worst part of you! Plus,your bestfriend always tease you for being an open book, you can't fool the expression on your face based on how you really feel. Its hard for you to feign a smile when you are mad because you are really mad. You have a firm grasp that your attitude strikes base on the behaviour of people you are hanging out with. Very pure and nice when you are with your family. Zany and very perky when it comes to your friends ... and hey! you are still clueless what would be your attitude towards the guy that can make you fall in love [for the very first time] and turn your whole world up-side-down.

 

Today.. is the first day of your sophomore year. You woke up early, with a smile flashing on your face. You can't wait to see your classmates and friends. Of course! You weren't able to hang out with them during your almost three months of vacation because you and your family were busy exploring different places in the world. You arrived at school at 6:24am. Too early for your 7:00am class and as what you've expected, you saw your best-est girlfriend standing in the front gate waiting for your arrival.


 Shin MinMi. your gal pal who probably knows you inside out. You didn't see each other for a whole month so right after she noticed your presence,she ran on your way and hugged you very tight.

"Hey! I missed you" you said in chorus and hugged each other. 
You took care of your bicycle then headed straight to your designated classroom. You talked about different stuffs endlessly, then sat on the fourth row, near the window and MinMi placed her bag beside your chair, she told you to wait for her because she needs to use the restroom for a moment. MinMi rushed to the rest room. When she was inside the cubicle, she heard the gossiping of group of girls who where talking about school issues/gossips. One of the girl muttered~

"I don't really get why that Hee Young rejected our Kiseoppa to go on a date with him! Is she even thinking? Aish, what an odd girl!" The other girls who where busy putting beauty products in their faces agreed in unison. MinMi froze for a moment, trying to clear out her mind. Did she really heard your name? Were they talking about the Hee Young she knew? Bum. Bum. Bum. She can't barely understand what are they talking about. So, MinMi decided to get out of the cubicle, while washing her hands, she hesitantly asked the girl beside her.


"Uh, excuse me? I heard your gossips when I was inside. Ahmm... I just wanna ask if you are you talking about the Hee Young in class 2A? I mean.. Jung Hee Young?"
"Yes. Why are you asking?"
"Oh nothing. I just think I know her." MinMi closed the faucet and continued, "Are you sure about the issue you were talking about? Rejecting Kiseoppa.. Oh I mean Lee Kiseop or sowhat?"
The girl stared at her and laughed. "Of course! Of course! I don't have time to make stories like that!"
"Oh, is that so? yeah thanks.." witha that, MinMi ran back to your classroom.

You were busy staring at the peaceful sky while listening to your ipod that you didn't notice your best friend was already in front of you. To get your full attention, she placed her hands in your table with a loud bang causing you to flinched a little.

"What a waste." she muttered when you turned off your ipod and turned your head to her side.
"What?" You asked innocently.
 "Are you stupid or what?" 


Oh, what? You are now thinking if you did something bad or forgot an important event for her to throw such question. But, instead of asking, you just tilt your head and wait for her to say something. "I heard LEE KISEOP asked you to go on a date with him!?" She make sure to emphasize the guy's name.
"Oh, and so..?! How did you know?" You asked in a cool tone. MinMi placed her right hand in her forehead and sigh in disbelief. "So you really have no plan to say that to your bestfriend? Wow. You are really unbelievable!"
"Huh. That's nothing.. Well of course I have a plan of telling you that, but since you already know the issue.. I have no plan of telling you now." You chuckled, puzzled on what you just said.
"Babo. You're such an odd person. Tsk." that's all she can say after hearing your words.
"Oooh don't tell me you actually like him? If so, why you didn't tell me?" you reached for her hand and shook your head. 
She immediately let go of your hand, "Why the heck did you rejected the perfect Mr. Lee Kiseop? HUH??! Are you damn crazy? Well you were asking me if I like him right? NO... Ah! I mean yes..? Oh seriously.. everybody likes Kiseop!!! Every girl would die just to go out on a date with him and pretty sure, willing to kill anybody to be his boyfriend!" With a sparkling eyes, she continued.. "His eyes, his lips, his face~ so perfect! He is intelligent, good singer, dances very well... Oh I'm running out of words to describe his beauty! Damn. What is perfection? Definitely, Lee Kiseop!!!"
"Yeah. And...?"
"And you rejected him!!!" MinMi shouted in the top of her lungs.
"He is pretty." You uttered. ((What a random girl!))
"Hee Young, He is PERFECT!"
"Okay,so he is too perfect.."
"You are way too perfect tho! You know I'm saying the truth right? You will look good for each other. Perfect couple! Perfect lovers.. Hee Young~ah.. listen to me-" You closed your eyes and raised your hand~ "Shin MinMi, he's not my type. Please stop insisting things like that~ You know I'm not even interested with boys nor datings. Today is the first day of the school year, don't bother me with nonsense issues. Now, sit beside me and shut your mouth."


She pouted but follows your command to sit. Now that you saw her reaction towards the issue,you have no plan on telling her that Kiseop is still bugging you. Sending you text messages, asking you the same question everyday. The classroom is now filled with familiar and some unfamiliar faces. You and MinMi shared your experiences during your vacation, you stopped when the bell finally rung and the teacher entered the classroom. "Good Morning! Welcome to the first day of your sophomore year. I will be your class adviser for this year. Please behave well and lets have a joyful year together." your teacher uttered so, giving you all a very big smile. MinMi pinched you, meaning she likes your teacher. She often pinch you when she sees good looking guys. Aish, how pathetic this girl, but she is right, your teacher is a very good looking man and he looks very kind and understanding. You just wish your first impression will last. Your teacher continued, "By the way, I'm Mr. Kim Ki Bum, aside from being your class adviser I will also be your teacher in Biology and P.E." Your classmates giggled, of course including the girl that is sitting beside you.


Mr. Kim checked the attendance and one is still missing. He was discussing about class' rules and regulations when he got interrupted by the sudden opening of the door. A boy with a mushroom hair entered the room while slightly panting. "Sorry sir," he was catching his breath, "I didn't mean to be late for the first day. We encountered some sort of traffic and-" Mr. Kim interrupted the boy, "No, its okay. Just make sure not to be late next time. For now, you can take the free seat at the back. Oh, your name please?"



"Dongho, sir. Shin Dongho." Noise filled the classroom and you received a pinch from MinMi again.