5

It All Begins With A Choice

 

Junhee’s POV

 

“Junhee? Can I borrow your hairbrush?” I heard Chaerin walk in my room.

“Sure.”

She walked to my dresser.

“I’ll give it back later, thanks!” She chirped before leaving.

“She’s being weird again.” I shook my head.

 

I went out of my room and found auntie Sekyung lugging along with her some suitcases.

“Are you going somewhere?”

She looked shocked to see me.

“I thought you were at work, Junhee.” She said.

“I got off early, aunt. I’ll be at the shop in a few though.”

She gave me a quick nod.

“We’ll talk later, arasso? Now go get to the shop.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Chaerin looked at the hairbrush furtively. She pulled a few strands of Junhee’s hair that were stuck on the bristles, then she placed it inside a Ziploc bag. She smiled a little as she placed it inside her purse.

 

“I’m sorry, my granddaughter, I cannot let the public see you yet. I will have Manager Kang lead you through the back door.”

Chaerin nodded and smiled. Beside her, her mother was fiddling in her seat. The three of them along with Minyoung and the fours guys were inside a black limousine for some sort of red carpet business event.

“I will come with you five.” Agung announced.

Soon, the car stopped and the door was opened, Agung was the first one to walk the carpet, he paused for a while and let the people take pictures of him.

Soon Minyoung and the guys followed.

Chaerin watched as Lay helped her down from the car. It was like a fairy tale, one pretty girl with four handsome princes.

They reached the red carpet and paused for the phototgraphers. Minyoung was in between them.

Chaerin felt a little regret in her. Agung should have announced who she was. She wanted to be where Minyoung was.

“Look at her, so pretty.” Sekyung cooed.

“I’m supposed to be there too.”

Her mother smiled and patted her hand.

“Soon you will be there too.”

 

Soon, they were inside the private hall. A lot of people went to approach the elder Jiang, while young females approached the four men.

Minyoung rolled her eyes and went to the buffet table. Then she saw Chaerin walk in the room, she was about to wave at her but then she saw her walk to where her geges where.

She chuckled.

“I guess she isn’t~”

She blinked as she saw Sekyung enter, she didn’t really notice how elaborate her dress when they were inside the car. But now she could see it. She looked like a bride on her wedding day.

“You left us.” Tao nudged her back. She spun and found Chaerin talking with Lay.

“Sorry. I was hungry.” She smiled. Chaerin gave her a quick nod.

“Someone’s a little overdressed, from what I see.” Tao whispered as she grabbed her elbow and walked to the elbow. Tao was looking at Sekyung.

Lay threw them both a look.

“A little.”  She nodded.

“Chaerin tried to talk to Kris ge.” Tao said.

“What happened?”

“She failed.”

 

 

Junhee flexed her neck as she went back to the house. She was surprised to find it empty, her younger cousin Seungjae was away for a school trip, but her aunt and Chaerin were nowhere to be found.

Sighing, she dropped her bag on the table and looked at locket around her neck. In it, was a picture of her parents, Qing Mong and Sangmin. She smiled a little.

“Eomma, appa…I miss you.” She whispered.

She reached for the remote control and the television.

“It has been announced a few weeks ago that Jiang Empire, Jiang Xifong is searching for his lost granddaughter!”

Junhee looked at the screen, then suddenly her mother’s faced appeared.

She dropped the device on her hand.

“It has been said that it has been over ten years since he has started looking for her. The company has now given up and decided to let everyone know that they are looking for her.”

Junhee’s eyes faltered.

“Jiang Qing Mong’s daughter has been lost to the family, the last time she was seen by her grandfather was when she was still a month old. But due to some family problems, they never saw each other again.”

A picture of five youngsters flashed on the screen.

“Jiang Minyoung is the only granddaughter of Jiang Xifong right now, we hope that the other~”

Junhee turned the machine off.

 

 

Minyoung rubbed her eyes as she arrived at the breakfast table. She was surprised to find Sekyung fussing about, she was already made up. Chaerin was already in her seat.

“Good morning, Minyoung!” She greeted. Minyoung smiled back. She saw Kris enter, wearing his usual business suit.

“You need a brush mei.” He patted her cheek. Minyoung stuck her tongue out at him.

Sekyung’s brow rose as she the two interact.

“Good morning, beautiful mei mei.” Lay strolled in and kissed the crown of her head.

“ ‘Morning, ge.” She nodded.

“Yo, mei.” Tao chirped and ruffled her hair.

“Good morning, gege.” Minyoung nodded without looking up from her breakfast.

Chaerin frowned; she didn’t like the way the attention was always on Minyoung. They should be looking at her instead; she’s the new one here! She was the lost granddaughter, why would they still shower her with so much affection? Especially Kris, Chaerin could not forget how he ignored her at the party. And now he smiles at Minyoung.

Then another male walked in the room. He was wearing a casual get up, a navy blue cardigan, a white v-neck shirt and jeans. Chaerin’s eyes lit up.

The man’s eyes landed on Minyoung’ s back. He smiled.

“Good morning, mei.” He said and pinched her cheek. Minyoung nodded, then she stopped. She turned behind her.

Then she smiled.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++