36

It All Begins With A Choice

 

 

Junhee’s POV
 

We were about to head for work when we found someone in the living room, judging by the way he was speaking to Jang, they knew each other for a long time.

“Kris, who’s that?” I asked. Kris looked at him. Lay titled his head.

“Do you guys know him?” Kris asked. Tao and Luhan shook their heads.

Then Minyoung entered the room.

“I shouldn’t have left you before.” The man smiled as he opened his arms for her. Minyoung smiled and hugged him.

“Who….?” Lay looked confused.

“We know every person who knows her.” Tao grumbled. I felt Kris tense beside me.

“We…should be going to work.” He said before leaving us.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“If I had known that haraboji would leave you with four guys, I should have stayed. I don’t want you to go lesbo.”

“Kai!” Minyoung smiled and literally gave him a bear hug.

“I know I miss you too.” He chuckled deeply and set Minyoung down.

“It’s been like what….when was the last time we saw each other?” She blinked.

“We were both six, I think. You weren’t hot that time.”

Minyoung chuckled.

“You look taller in person.” She blinked.

“Just because we talk via Facetime doesn’t mean you know everything about me.” He stuck his tongue out.

“When did you get back?”

“A week ago or so. Why are you still at home? Did I miss your graduation?”

“Sort of.” She nodded.

“What?!”

“It’s tomorrow. Did you want to eat out?”

“You’re not busy?” Kai asked. Minyoung turned to the window and bit her lip as she saw four cars careen out of their compound.

“No, let’s go out.”

 

“Ya Kim Jongin stop being a ert!” Minyoung half hissed, they were inside a shopping mall owned by the Jiangs. He was winking at some of the lady customers.

“Don’t worry, there’s only you in my heart.” He smirked.

“You sound like L at times. It freaks me out.” She shuddered, and then she handed a paper bag to her.

“Welcome back gift.” She announced. Kai blinked and took it from her.

“Wear it tomorrow at my graduation.”

“Aigoo, our Minyoungie has grown up.” He chuckled as he pinched her cheek.

Minyoung narrowed her eyes at him.

“Minyoung?”

They both turned.

L was looking at her sharply. Kai let go and looked at him.

“What are you doing here?” Minyoung asked.

“Babe, it’s a mall, public place.” L replied. Minyoung chuckled and socked his arm. Myungsoo stepped away.

“Ah, you’re out with Jihyun?” She asked.

“No, we parted ways earlier after lunch, is your phone with you? You’re not answering. Luhan hyung is looking for you, he says that Kris and you will have to talk about some…company blah blah.”

“That was a speech. My phone?” Minyoung blinked and got her bag. Kai sighed and got the device from his phone pocket.

“It’s not low battery, I saw you shut it off earlier.” Kai said.

Myungsoo eyes him warily.

“Do you mind if I talk to her for a while?” He asked as he grabbed Minyoung by the arm.

 

“She’s not picking up.” Tao said as he tossed his phone on the table.

“She’s acting weird ge.”

Kris sighed.

“Her graduation’s tomorrow. What should we get her?” Tao asked.

 

“This is Accounting Department.” Luhan announced as they entered their sixth office.

Lay chuckled as he heard Junhee sigh.

“I know, we have ten more to go, so enjoy.”

“Yixing.” Luhan threw him a look.

“Next one is the Creative Team, you’ll like it.” Luhan said.

“I know, Lay brought me there once.” Junhee smiled.

Luhan looked at Lay who talking to the manager, his brows furrowed momentarily then he gestured for Junhee to walk ahead.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++