26

It All Begins With A Choice

 

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“This Saturday, I was thinking should we all go to Jeju for some fresh air?” Lay asked as the whole family was eating.

“That’s sounds nice, Yixing.”  Luhan nodded.

“I think it would be nice.” Junhee nodded as Minyoung nudged her.

“Then everyone’s set?”

“Uhm, ge? I cant come.” Minyoung said.

Kris and Tao turned to her.

“I promised L that I’d come out and spend some time with him, you can go on without me.” She smiled.

Kris’ brows furrowed for a second, then he nodded.

Lay sighed inwardly. Junhee chuckled at him.

Luhan’s brows rose.

“Myungsoo? What is it a date?” He asked, feeling the tension coming from his cousin.

“Not really, but he’s been needing my help.”

 

 

“Ge, just tell her alreadyyyy.” Lay whined as Kris concentrated on his darts. Kris ignored the younger male.

“Yixing, be quiet.”

“You’ve been in love with her ever since, and now you’re free, no more engagement crap. Even agung approves!”

Luhan and Tao nodded from the couch, their eyes never leaving the screen.

“Lay is right Yifan, you should~”

“Oh, you guys are here.” Minyoung strolled in the room.

Everyone froze for a few seconds.

“Youngie, we’re having a boys’ night out.” Luhan looked at her with wide eyes. He chuckled and stood up.

“I’m sorry, mei, but off limits, it’s already one in the morning, get to bed.” He said as he kissed her forehead.

“Boys’ night out?” She blinked.

“Good night!” Luhan beamed at her. Minyoung rolled her eyes and went away. Luhan closed the door.

“Close one. ” Tao nodded.

“See ge? Just to day, two guys approached her! One even went to our house!” Lay said.

“Yixing’s right, Kris. Minyoung has a lot of suitors, you should step up a bit.”

Kris sighed and placed his darts down on the side table.

“Fine, what do you want me to do?” He hissed.

 

“Oh, come children!” Agung called to them. Junhee was already dressed in a cable knit sweater and a pair of jeans as she went down.

“Minyoung?” He asked.

“I think she’s still asleep, haraboji.” She said.

“Typical.” Tao nodded from the couch.

“Kris you wake her up.” Agung directed his gaze on the tallest male.

“Agung~”

“Go.” He waved his hand away.

 

“Mei?” Kris patted her shoulder.

“Jiang Minyoung?”

“Wu Yifan, its still early, and I don’t need to go to school today.” She muttered as she turned away from him. Kris chuckled and sat on the foot of her bed.

“Agung has arrived, he’s looking for you, I think it’s because of the party.”

Minyoung slowly sat up, she rubbed her eyes and looked at him.

“Good morning mei.” He nodded at her. Minyoung smiled.

“Ge, your tie’s askew.” She said as she reached over for his tie. Kris’ eyes widened as he felt her fingertips brush against his neck.

“All done.” Minyoung smiled to herself and patted his coat lapels with both hands.

Kris smiled and kissed her forehead.

“Go and shower, everyone’s waiting downstairs.” He smiled before leaving.

 

 

Minyoung’s POV

 

Am I sick?

Something must be wrong with me?

I didn’t mind Kris ge before, but why…does he…make me feel jumpy?

I shook my head as I grabbed a pair of denim cutoffs and a silk top.

He’s a brother, Youngie. Stop overthinking!

I should relax. I looked at my pink cheeks at the mirror.

I’m being weird again. Kris ge’s just being his usual self. My gege.

I took a deep breath before heading out of my room.

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Myungsoo’s sleeping habits are rubbing on you.” Lay said skeptically as Minyoung appeared by the staircase, then she lifted herself off the railing.

Junhee gasped and stood up. Minyoung jumped and landed on the marble floor a few seconds later.

“Morning agung.” She smiled and plopped beside Luhan. Lay looked a Junhee and gently pulled her down to sit.

“Stairs are overrated for her.”

“So, tonight at the party, I’m planning to announce about Junhee. I hope you guys help her.”

“Finally, I was really afraid that agung you will announce that Chaerin as your grand~”

“Mei.” Tao tugged on her shirt.

“Which reminds me, I already spoke to my lawyers about your aunt, they will soon hear from them.” Agung nodded.

“Uhmm, haraboji…about that, can I talk to you privately?”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++