30

It All Begins With A Choice

 

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Junhee looked at the lunch she prepared.

“It looks nice.” Luhan walked in clad in a cardigan and jeans. Junhee nodded.

“Does Minyoung cook too?”

“She does, but…she’s not good with Korean dishes.” Luhan replied as he picked up a piece of radish and ate it.

“We still have some time, I have this place I want to show you, and can you come?” Luhan faced her.

“Does it involve Tao with a sword?”

Luhan chuckled.

“Nope, no Tao and swords.”

 

Junhee smiled as she looked at the rows and rows of orange trees that were planted.

“When I first came to the Jiangs, they all brought us here. Agung said we could get all the oranges we want.”

“Then how’d it end?” Junhee asked.

“Not well, we got sick.” Luhan shook his head. Junhee chuckled.

Luhan looked at her side profile, a small smile was on his lips.

“You don’t feel awkward? Being with four guys alone?” He asked.

“Not really, I kinda…got used to it already.” She nodded.

“Because, the four of you helped Youngie a lot, you grew up together.” She added.

“Look how she is right now, her hobby is jumping down the stairs.”

Junhee laughed.

“I mean it, somehow I feel thankful you guys were there when she grew up, or else she’d be alone.”

“But you were alone too.” Luhan looked at her. Junhee shook her head.

“I had my cousins with me.”

 

“You made this?” Tao’s eyes glittered as he eyed the feast on the table. Junhee nodded.

“It looks good.” Kris nodded and he sat down. Then the house phone suddenly started to ring. At the same time Lay walked in the room, he pressed one of the machine’s buttons.

The mounted flat screen on the TV . Junhee looked up.

“Oh hey guys.” Minyoung blinked at them.

“Is something wrong mei?” Luhan asked.

“I was wondering if….I could borrow your car, ge.” She said. L was standing behind her.

“Where are you two going?” Kris asked.

“We…..need to follow someone….I need an unknown car.” She beamed.

“Follow, you mean stalk?” Lay raised one brow.

“So, can I borrow the Aston Martin, Kris ge?” She asked.

Junhee chuckled. Luhan looked at Kris expectantly. Tao was chewing on his food and looked at the older male.

“The keys are with Jang, just ask for it.” Kris nodded.

Minyoung smiled.

“Thanks ge, you’re the best. You guys enjoy lunch without me!” She gave a small waved and the screen went black.

“Remind me, how he almost killed me when I asked to borrow his Aston.” Lay said as sat on his seat.

Kris glared at him.

“It’s Minyoung, ge.” Tao shrugged.

“Is it the fact that she can afford to replace it or…she’s Minyoung?” Lay mused. Kris threw a piece of carrot at him. Junhee chuckled.

 

Junhee’s POV

 

It’s funny how I first met these guys they were kind of intimidating, but now, they just look kids to me.

“We’re going out.” Tao said.

“Where?”

“What’s a weekend getaway without the beach?” He chuckled.

“We’re going to swim?” I asked.

“It depends if you want.” Lay said as he handed me my coat.

“Let’s go.”

 

 

“Would you look at that?” Luhan chuckled, we were seated under a beach umbrella, Tao playing with his phone.

I followed Luhan’s gaze.

There were two girls who were talking to Lay. From here, I could tell they were flirting with him.

“He’s….a girl magnet.”

“No need to explain, Minyoung briefed me about you.”

“Sunshine gege, Panda gege, Dragon ge, and Lay is Playboy gege.”

Luhan chuckled. I looked at him.

“I get the whole Sunshin gege though.” I nodded, there was just something about Luhan that felt warmth and welcoming.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++