57

It All Begins With A Choice

 

Narrator

 

“I told you so.” Minyoung said as Kris stood beside her. They were at the house’s veranda. Kris smiled and hugged her.

“It has been hard for our young miss Jiang.” He mused. Minyoung smiled and pressed her cheek on his shoulder.

“A little.”

“Wo hen danxin, ni he tamen.(I was worried, about you and them.)”

“Wo zhidao.” Kris nodded. Minyoung smiled and let go of him.

“Since when did this household get so complicated?” She chuckled as she sat down.

Kris smiled.

“I think it’s a good thing mei, you didn’t notice?”

Minyoung looked at him.

“Tā gǎibiànle. Tā shì bùshì bù xiǎoxīn de huāhuā gōngzǐle.(He changed. He’s not the careless playboy anymore.)”

“Wo zhuyi daole.(I noticed.)”

“And my cousin. Ta biaoshi ziji geng duole.(He expresses himself more now.)”

“So many changes.” Minyoung nodded, then they heard a car pull over in front of their curb.

Kris stood up and looked down.

“There’s another change.” He said.

 

 

Junhee watched in amusement as she watched the young lady clad in a white lace dress cling to Tao.

She and Luhan were sitting on the living room couch and watched as the girl tried to talk to the panda.

She was sputtering Mandarin and it made Junhee smile a little. Lay was leaning on the wall, feeling sorry for Tao.

“I heard we have a guest~”

Tao hid behind Minyoung. She blinked.

“Nǐ shì shuí? Nǐ de shǒu fàng kāi tā!(Who are you?! Get your hands off her!)”

Minyoung blinked at Tao who was clinging on to her shoulders. Kris chuckled and stepped in front of her.

“This is Fei Yilin, daughter of Fei Lue Corporation, mei.” He spoke in Korean.

“She likes Tao ge?”

Kris nodded. Minyoung smirked back at Tao.

“Zhè shì wǒmen zhù zài yīqǐ de nǚhái, Jiang Minyoung. (This is the girl we live with, Jiang Minyoung.)”

“Ah, Wǎnshàng hǎo. Suǒyǐ, nǐ shì tā de hǎo péngyǒu.( Good evening. So you're a good friend of his.)”

“Shi.” Minyoung could only nod.

“Kanojo wa koko de wataachi o otta. Kanojo wa sutōkādesu!( She followed us here. She's a stalker!)” Tao muttered.

Fei Yilin blinked at him.

“Ugh, the amount of languages spoke in this room.” Junhee stood up. Luhan smiled a little.

“Kanojo wa anata ga sukidesu.(She likes you.)” Minyoung chuckled and stepped away from him.

She stood beside Kris and faced the other girl.

“Zhè shì hěn gāoxìng jiàn dào nǐ, nǐ xiǎng hē chá ma? (It’s nice to meet you, would you like some tea?)”

Fei Yilin nodded pleasantly.

“Mei! Nǐ yīnggāi ràng tā líkāi!(You’re supposed to make her leave.)!” Tao hissed.

“Hwang Zitao, you’re being rude. She came here to visit you.” Lay chuckled. Kris smiled and gripped Minyoung’s hand once.

“I’ll call butler Jang.”

Minyoung nodded and she faced her guest.

“Nǐ shì rúhé mǎnzú wǒ dí gēgē ma? (How did you meet my gege?)” She asked as she offered for Yilin to sit.

“MEI MEI!”

Junhee laughed lightly.

Yilin smiled at Tao as she began to talk.

Across the room, Luhan was observing how Lay glanced at Junhee. He sighed and looked away.

“Ah, really? That’s nice.” Minyoung nodded at Yilin.

“Jibun no kusuri no aji, ani. (A taste of your own medicine,gege.)” Minyoung missed.

 

“What did I do?” Tao muttered as he plopped on the couch. Yilin was looking at him.

“For bullying me about Kris ge before.” She stuck her tongue out at him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++