13

It All Begins With A Choice

  Narrator’s POV

 

Lay took a step back.

“I told her to talk to agung for you, chill bro.”

Kris gave him a pointy glare.

“I don’t get you, ge.”

“What is it that you don’t get, Yixing?” He sighed.

“All this while, why cant you tell her?” He asked

Kris sat back on his seat.

“Because, I don’t want things to change between us.”

“Change? Nothing will change. You love her, you always have.”

“Yixing, I can’t afford to lose her.”

“You wont, well you might lose your sanity if you marry her cousin though, but ge~”

“Uhm, guys?”

Minyoung’s head popped by the door. Lay bit back his laughter as he saw how Krsi paled a little.

“Time to eat.” Minyoung said then she left.

“You.” Kris hissed.

“Yeah, me, trying to pair you two up.” Lay rolled his eyes.

 

 

Luhan was just about to go out of his office when his secretary stopped him from doing so.

“Sir, about the Gus….”

Luhan looked at her questioningly.

“Something’s not right. Gu Chaerin is her daughter, sir.”

 

Tao walked out to the garden, it was already 10 PM and he was slightly sleepy. He was wearing a wife beater and a loose sweats.

He found Minyoung stretching her arms.

“Mei?”

“Na qi ni de jian, gege. (Grab your sword, ge.)”

Tao looked at the garden table and found a pair of swords, he picked the swords with dragons swirled around the hilt.

Minyoung grabbed hers, the sword with a red tassel attached to it.

They both raised their swords for a few seconds.

Then the spar started. For minutes they exchanged s and parries. Minyoung leaped back and landed on the grass gracefully as Tao sliced the air where she was standing on earlier.

“Good job, mei.” Tao said, he noticed how her hits were much more stronger. He knew something was bothering her.

“But, what’s wrong? Something bothering you?” Tao asked as he watched her her sword again, then he leaped back.

“…Just….some complications.” For a brief moment, Minyoung looked back at the house.

“What kind?” Tao raised one brow at her as he twisted his sword and ran towards her.

“Just….issues, ge.” She said as she met her hit with her sword.

 

Chaerin and her mother walked out of the house to talk privately.

“Your engagement is next week.”

Chaerin nodded then she saw Tao and Minyoung. Sekyung gasped a little when they saw the two. Minyoung was just dressed in a pair of shorts and a thin tanktop. They were having a sword fight without any covers for their bodies.

“She’s…something. You should be careful.” Sekyung said. Chaerin looked at the two as Minyoung almost cut Tao’s upper forearm, but he jumped and Minyoung turned just in time as he appeared behind her.

“Why should I be? I am also a Jiang.” She smiled to herself as she crossed her arms. Sekyung looked away.

“Chaerin~”

“I can handle it now, auntie.” She said pointedly before stepping in the house.

 

It was almost midnight when Minyoung stood up from her couch and tossed her phone to her bed. She stood tied her hair into a loose ponytail and headed out.

 

 

Minyoung’s POV

 

I’m hungry. I shouldn’t have sparred with Tao gege earlier. I stepped out of my room.

But I don’t want to eat alone.

I went to Tao ge’s room and found that he was sleeping soundly.

Maybe I should go to Luhan ge’s instead.

He should be~

Why is his room empty? I closed the door.

“No use in checking Lay ge’s room, he’s probably out on a date.”

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Minyoung looked at Kris’ door, she shrugged and went down instead. She didn’t know what to say to him. She made her way to the stairs and padded towards the kitchen.

Minyoung passed by the living room, and then she heard voices coming from kitchen.

She slowly walked to doors and found Kris and Chaerin talking. Kris was standing by a cup of coffee, that clearly he prepared himself.

“Next week, we should set the engagement date.” Chaerin chirped.

Kris’ jaws clenched and unclenched for a second, then he looked at her.

“I told you already, I wont be doing it.”

Chaerin didn’t say anything. Minyoung saw Kris’ back tense. Chaerin opened the refrigerator and took out a bottle of juice.

“The wedding, it should take place early next year, right oppa?”

“I told you~”

“And we will have the dress fitting late this year, agung says that he wants us to~”

Kris placed his cup of coffee down with a loud thump.

Minyoung bit her lip. Kris was his edge now, any second he might just snap at her.

Chaerin noticed that Kris wasn’t replying, she turned to face him.

“Oppa…are you okay?”

Minyoung grew alarmed when she saw Kris’ grip on the cup’s handle tightened. She sighed and pushed the double doors open.

“Ge.” She said.

Chaerin’s gaze snapped right at her.

Minyoung met his eyes. Her gaze hardened, Kris stood up straight, before leaving the room he gave her a nod.

“Unnie, were you hungry too?” Minyoung asked as she headed for the fridge.

Chaerin glared at her back.

“What are you doing?!” She snapped. Minyoung looked at her in confusion.

“Unnie, what do~”

“Does it really pain you to see that you’re not the center of attention anymore?” She hissed.

“It’s not like that unnie~” She was taken aback by Chaerin’s attitude.

“Then what? You like Kris?” She spat.

“You greedy brat!”

“Unnie~”

“He’s getting married to me, so don’t in. I’ve had enough of you.”

Chaerin stalked off.

 

Minyoung shut her door behind her. She never felt so frustrated at someone. She plopped on her bed with a sigh.

Then she heard a brief knock from her door.

“What?!” She snapped as Kris stepped in her room, he blinked at her, his dark eyes widening.

“Minyoung?” Kris asked as he sat on the foot of her bed. Minyoung sat up and looked at him.

“The engagement with Chaerin, I was forced into it.”

“I know.” She muttered as she sat up and faced him.

“But…are you really going to do it, ge?”

“Do you want me to?”

“No---I mean, if you don’t want to do it, right?” Minyoug stuttered. Kris smiled and opened his arms to her. Minyoung smiled and let him hug her.

“Good night.” He said as he let her go and he stood up.

“Wan an, ge.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++