14

It All Begins With A Choice

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Luhan went down from his room; he had left his necktie undone. He entered the dining hall and found everyone inside, eating breakfast.

“Luhan, your necktie.” Agung said. Minyoung looked at him, then she looked away.

Kris was surprised; usually Minyoung would do that for them.

Then Chaerin stood up and walked to Luhan.

“Oppa, let me do it.”

Luhan could only nod as Chaerin walked to him.

Up close, he tried to examine her face discreetly.

 

Luhan saw how the mother and daughter looked similar. They had the same nose and eyes.

 Then he remembered his talk with secretary.

“Something’s not right. Gu Chaerin is her daughter, sir.”

“What do you mean?”

“Gu Chaerin and Gu Sekyung are mother and daughter.”

He fought the urge to push her away.

“Done.” Chaerin beamed at him and she sat down.

“What do you think, Luhan? She would make a good wife for your cousin right?” Agung asked.

With that, Kris stood up abruptly and left. Minyoung watched him as he went out. She threw Tao a look.

“I don’t think…he’s really into the whole concept of marrying.” Tao said. Minyoung looked at Chaerin as she took her seat. Her grip on her utensils tightened.

“Agung, can I talk to you after breakfast?” She said. Everyone looked at her, especially Chaerin.

“Why? You can say it now, dear.”

Minyoung shook her head.

“Buxing(No way). Just later in your study.”

Chaerin tensed in her seat.

“It’s a family matter.” She nodded.

 

Tao and Kris were making their way down when they heard a loud bang coming from the first floor of the house. Tao’s brows furrowed and they both rushed to get down.

“Mei!” They heard Luhan call out.

“Ge, what is~”

Minyoung appeared out of nowhere, she rushed to the front door and went out. A few seconds later, her black Porsche was seen careening away the house.

Kris and Tao were outside, looking at her. Kris frowned.

 

Luhan was about to head to his room, but then he heard Chaerin snort. He stopped in his tracks and walked back to her.

“I heard you have children, Mrs. Gu.” He said.

Sekyung’s eyes widened, Chaerin tensed beside her.

“Ah…yes, why…do you ask?”

Luhan smiled sweetly. Sinisterly sweet.

“It’s just you never mentioned it.” He said before heading towards his car.

Luhan started the engine, then he let the motor run as he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

“So, who is the real Jiang granddaughter?” He muttered.

 

Luhan’s POV

 

She called Sekyung aunt. What kind of aunt?

Are they blood related or just acquainted with each other?

There is too much at stake right now. Minyoung’s even acting strangely~

 I don’t like Minyoung getting hurt because of this.

“Lulu ge?” Tao opened the door. I nodded at him.

“Kris left you?” I asked.

I have to find her before the party. Or else, Kris might get married to her.

“Yeah, he’s in a bad mood, and really, Chaerin is quite annoying.”

I nodded. I cant be alone in this. I cant talk to Kris, he’ll just get really angry and Sekyung might hide the real granddaughter.

“Zitao, would you do something for me?”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Minyoung’s grip on the wheel tightened as she remembered her talk with her grandfather.

“Agung, about the Kris ge’s engagement to unnie.”

“What?”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea.” She said.

Agung sighed and took off his glasses.

“Mei, we already talked about this. Your cousin deserves the best, all her life she didn’t~”

“I know, but it’s about Kris, agung. He doesn’t want to do it~”

“Why are you being like this?! Ever since she arrived you always treated her like this! She is your cousin, you two are blood related!”

“Agung, it’s not like that. If you do this, Kris ge, he might~”

“Stop being such a spoiled brat, Jiang Minyoung! I’ve given you everything you want! You don’t even treat your cousin right! Get out!”

 

Tao and Luhan walked in the place. Junhee looked up from the counter.

“It’s you again.” She chuckled.

“Yeah.” Luhan nodded. Tao looked at her. Junhee blinked.

“This is my friend, Tao. Tao this is~” Luhan raised his brows at her.

“Junhee.” She nodded. Tao gave her a smile and he sat down. Luhan blew a raspberry and looked at the pastries available.

“I really should get you a loyalty card. Mister~”

“Just Luhan.” He nodded as he eyed the cakes. Junhee smiled, she never met someone so….

“Oh, Junhee-ya, did mom come already?” Seungjae, her cousin walked in the shop.

“No not yet.” She replied.

“Well, tell her to ask Chaerin if she could buy me a new phone since she’s the grand~”

“Seungjae!” Junhee hissed.

Tao looked at the male. Somehow, he looked a lot like Chaerin. Then his gaze went to Junhee.

He blinked a few times. There was something familiar about her eyes and her cheekbones.

“Gēgē, kànzhe tā de yǎnjīng hé quán gǔ.(Gege, look at her fingers and cheekbones.)”

Seungjae and Junhee looked at them, not understanding a thing. Luhan nodded.

“I noticed.” He muttered then he looked at Junhee.

“We’ll have some of those rhubarb tarts.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

keep the comments comin'! <3