9

It All Begins With A Choice

 

Minyoung’sPOV

 

“The DNA results arrived she really is auntie Qing Mong’s daughter.” Lay said. Minyoung looked up from her phone. They were sitting on the beach chairs by the poolside. Kris was talking to one of the business investors. Luhan was reading a book while Tao was flipping his nun chucks around.

“Your point in saying that Yixing?” Luhan asked.

“I just wanted to tell you guys.” He shrugged.

“Weird, you’re not out on a date.” Minyoung said.

“Later, I’ll be going to that new club I told you about, you want to come?” He asked.

“I have finals tomorrow, no thanks.” She chuckled. Then they saw Chaerin walk to them.

Tao snorted and plopped on the chair, he lay down and took out his headphones.

“I get the feeling that Zitao doesn’t like her.” Lay said.

“He’ll come around soon.” Luhan said. Kris was finally done with his call. He sat beside Minyoung.

“Oh, unnie. Do you need something?” Minyoung asked.

“I wanted to swim, is it okay?” Chaerin asked.

“Yeah, sure. It’s okay.”

Chaerin smiled and walked to an empty chair, she took off her shirt and shorts. Minyoung’s eyes widened.

Chaerin was wearing a two-piece bikini. Minyoung was fine with bikinis, she wears them too. But Chaerin’s set was too slinky and too showy.

She looked at Luhan in confusion. Lay stood up, he looked…disturbed.

“I should go, see you later mei. I have a date!” He said before heading to the doors of the house.

Kris stood up his face void with any expression, but it was clear he was annoyed.

“Ge, don’t leave~”

Kris gently cupped her cheek.

“Wan an.(Good night.)” He smiled before he headed for the doors. Minyoung made a face.

Chaerin look at the two curiously, it was the first time she saw Kris smile fully. Then she went down the water.

“You~”

“I have work tomorrow, mei.” Luhan said.

“Lu~”

“Chaerin-ssi, I’ll be heading up, good night.”

“Ah really? Good night then.” Chaerin gave him a small wave.

Luhan left.

“Mei?”

“You are not leaving us here~”

“You want to practice flips? It’s been a while since we did that.” Tao smirked at her.

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 

Kris took off his cardigan and sat on his desk. Today, he showed Chaerin around the company. Somehow, to him, it didn’t feel right. He didn’t like the aura Chaerin was giving. He noticed that whenever the employees greeted her, she would have her chin raised up and the fact that her aunt was with her didn’t help it either. Sekyung kept on gasping on how big the building was, how shiny the floors were and~

Kris shook his head.

He shouldn’t be thinking bad things about Minyoung’s cousin.

A short knock interrupted his thoughts.

“Come in.”

Luhan stepped in the room.

“What is it Luhan?” Kris looked at him.

“Today, I checked the bank account of the house.”

“So?” Kris asked. Luhan sat on the leather couch.

“Mrs. Gu, well this was what butler Jang reported, she withdrew almost five million won. I think it’s strange.”

Kris’ brows furrowed.

“And, Chaerin and Minyoung went out shopping today at the Shilla, the bill went so high that the employees called me. I thought it was Minyoung shopping but it was Gu Chaerin.”

“What are you trying to say?”

“I think…..they are too overwhelmed, but it’s inappropriate already, Yifan.”

Kris nodded, Luhan with his gentle and patient personality, he would not say these things easily.

“Before you arrived they had to delay the DNA sampling.”

“What? Why? Did Chaerin get…sick or something?” Luhan asked.

“No, she was fine. But they delayed it, for some unknown reason.”

Luhan nodded slowly.

“I think, something is happening. Something wrong.” He said.

“Maybe we should check out he aunt’s background as well as hers.”

“Luhan, don’t let Minyoung know, yet, arasso?”

 

 

Minyoung was on her way to school when she heard someone yelling at the living room.

She made her way to the place.

“I told you many times! I don’t like my tea this warm! Do you not understand what room temperature is?!”

She was a bit confused when she found their family butler bowing many times to Chaerin’s aunt.

“Is something wrong?” She asked as she stepped in the room.

“Oh, Minyoung-ah, I think your butler needs to retire already. I asked for my tea and he gave me the wrong one!”

Minyoung looked at Butler Jang.

“Uh, Mrs. Gu, you don’t really have to yell, butler Jang has been with us for over ten years. He’s practically family now~”

“Are you siding with him?! I am your cousin’s aunt~”

“You’re not part of our family either.” A voice joined in.

Kris was standing by the entryway. Lay was behind him.

“Surely, you’re not siding with …your servant….right?” Sekyung was out of words.

Minyoung bit her cheek in annoyance.

“I’ll just ask for another tea for you, Mrs. Gu.” She said before dismissing their butler. Kris stood by the entryway, unmoving.

“Ge, tingzhi.(Ge, stop it.)” Minyoung gently pulled the two away.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++