12

It All Begins With A Choice

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 

Luhan had stepped out of the library to receive a call.

“Yes?”

“Sir, I already found out about the bakeshop ran by the Gus, it is near our office. I will be sending the address to you as well as the Gu family tree when I get a hold of it.”

“Hao le, xie xie ni.”

Luhan placed his phone in his pocket. Then he saw Tao running to him.

“Ge, is it true?”

Luhan could only nod.

“But…Kris ge….he…likes mei mei.”

“I don’t know Tao, I don’t know.”

 

 

Junhee flexed her neck as she arranged the bread and cakes that were for sale today. Then she heard the bells ring, signaling for new customers.

“Good morning!”

“I came back.” Luhan smiled at her.

Junhee bit her lip.

“Before….was she really your sister?” She asked. Luhan shook his head.

“We grew up together, she’s like a sister to me.” Luhan replied as he looked at the goods on the glass case.

“But, may I ask who owns this place?”

Junhee blinked.

“Gu Sekyung, my aunt.” She replied, completely trusting the fact that he wasn’t related to the Jiangs.

Luhan’s brows rose momentarily.

“Ah. I’ll take this.” He pointed at the strawberry cake. Junhee nodded and took it out.

“Is this….a family run business? It feels really nice here.”

“Yes, my aunt along with her children runs this shop.”

“Children?”

“She has a son and daughter.”

 

Luhan stepped out from the shop.

“A son and a daughter. Then she’s the niece. Well, she could have another niece.”

He walked to his car.

He got his phone as he felt it ringing.

“Luhan ge, we are in the conference room already, where are you?” Tao half hissed.

“I am on my way, just wait.”

He threw one last look at the shop and drove away.

 

“Wow, so now she’s marrying one of your brothers.” Myungsoo chuckled. Minyoung shoved him.

“You still don’t trust her.” He stated.

“Before agung announced it, I heard unnie and her aunt talk about Kris ge. Chaerin…she really likes him.”

“Geuraesso?”

“I don’t want him to be forced on anything.” She said.

Myungsoo smiled.

“You know, technically we are on summer break, well we are free from school, and look where we are. Inside a kiddie restaurant.”

“You wanted to come here, Jiang Minyoung.”

“Kim Myungsoo, you~”

“Minyoung.”

They both looked up, Lay was looking at Minyoung.

“I’ll….go ahead.” Myungsoo said  before standing up.

Lay gave him a nod and sat beside Minyoung.

“We….need your help.”

“Help? On what?”

“Kris ge, you know him best, he doesn’t want to do it.”

“Ge~”

“Let me speak. Ever since, he has liked someone, up to now. So, I want you to talk to agung or to your cousin. Can you do that?”

“But, agung wont listen to me, you know he reprimanded me befreo for not treating her right ge, I’ll just come out as greedy.”

Lay’s brows furrowed.

“Mei, you’re his granddaughter, I’m sure he will listen to you.”

“Ge, in this situation, it doesn’t really side with me, agung he just wants unnie to be happy.”

“Well, do you want Kris to get married?” Lay asked straightly.

Minyoung looked at her palms. Lay sighed and stood up.

With his back turned to her, Lay smirked and went to his car.

“Kris ge should thank me for this.”

 

Kris arrived at Jiang house; he tossed his blazer on the couch and loosened his tie. He crossed his arms as he stood by his window. Then he saw the black limousine pull over the front curb.

He saw Chaerin alight from the car with her aunt. He saw the maids carry their shopping bags down. Kris’ brows furrowed.

“Ge, I helped you today.” Lay said as he stepped in his room.

“What?” Kris turned from the window; Lay chuckled as he saw the scene.

“Today, I spoke with Minyoung, I told her about your~”

“You what?!”

++++++++++++++++++++++