27

It All Begins With A Choice

Junhee’s POV

 

“You want me to…pull out my case against them?”

I nodded quickly. He sighed and sat on his office chair.

“You might not understand this because you’re still young, but what they did was identity theft, Junhee.”

“I know. But they’re me family.”

“Junhee, I~”

“When no one was there to help me, auntie was there, she raised me up like I was her own child. I know she isnt perfect, but who else is?”

“Auntie Sekyung loved me, I do too. Please, don’t do this to them grandfather.”

I saw him look away.

“I’ll…think about it.” He sighed.

“Thank you, haraboji.” I smiled.

 

“How was it, unnie? Did he agree?” Minyoung asked as she walked in the room.

“I think he will.” I nodded.

“Anyway, here you go.” She placed a box on my bed.

“It’s your dress for tonight. I’m sure it will fit you.” She beamed.

She opened the box and took out a mermaid pink one shouldered dress.

“Min~”

“I know pretty right?” She smiled and hung it on the wall.

“I’ll get your shoes later…so…this is it how it feels.” She rubbed her chin.

“Mwoga?”

“Having a sister.” She chuckled. I patted her hand.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Mei! I need help!” Tao hollered.

Minyoung sighed as she put on her shoes. She was wearing a cream colored dress that bared her shoulders.

“What?” She said as she stepped out from her room.

“I cant tie it properly.” Tao appeared by his door.

She nodded and walked to him.

“Youngie!” It was Lay.

Minyoung puffed her cheeks as she tied Tao’s bow.

“All done, ge.” She nodded and walked to Lay’s room.

“What?” She asked.

“Help me with the cufflinks?” He batted his eyelashes at her. Minyoung rolled her eyes and got the Bulgari pair from the table.

“All done, now anyone else?” She asked as she stepped out of the hall. Luhan appeared by the staircase.

“Agung’s waiting downstairs.” He said.

“Wo zhidao. Jie jie zhai nail?(I know. Where’s unnie?)”

“Downstairs with agung.”

 

“You look pretty, mei.” Kris said as he went out of his room. Minyoung smiled and gently tugged on his coat’s lapels.

“You look good in black ge.” She chuckled.

“Am I the last one to come out?”  He asked.

“You should give yourself some credit, most of them needed help.” She muttered. Kris smiled and patted her cheek.

“Let’s get going then.” He said before going down. Minyoung frowned as she felt her cheeks heat up. Then she followed behind him.

 

Junhee followed as the whole family entered the grand ballroom. Minyoung was walking beside Tao and Luhan, the three were chatting as they walked in. The room grew silent as agung entered. Junhee felt people look at her. She tensed.

Lay turned his back and saw her pale a little he smiled and pulled her hand.

“Come here.” He smiled and placed her beside him.

“I don’t think this is….such a good idea.” She muttered. Lay chuckled.

“Parties are…well..like this. So relax.” He patted her shoulder and gestured for her to walk.

 

Minyoung glanced back, then she stopped walking. She saw Lay and Junhee talking together. Then again, there was this look in his eyes.

She blinked.

“Mei?” Kris was looking at her with one hand on the small of her back.

“Uh?” She shook her head.

“You’re just hungry, come on.” Kris smiled and pulled her.

“Ge, did you see that?” She asked as they settled down.

“What?”

“Lay ge and unnie.”

Kris’ brows furrowed for a while.

“What are you thinking?” He asked.

Minyoung just smiled and rubbed her hands together.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++