28

It All Begins With A Choice

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Tonight, after all these years of searching for her, I finally found my long lost granndaughter!” Agung announced. Everyon turned to look at him.

“This is Lee Junhee, my eldest’s daughter’s daughter.” Agung pulled Junhee beside him. Junhee smiled as the people clapped.

“Nice to meet you.” She nodded meekly. Agung smiled.

“I hope everyone takes care of her.”

 

“Poor unnie.” Minyoung looked at her cousin, who was kept on being dragged by the elder Jiang as he introduced her to everyone.

“Didn’t you go through that too?” Kris told her.

“Well, I wasn’t alone that time, it was the five of us that got dragged all together.” She chuckled.

“Tomorrow, are you sure you’re not coming with us?” Kris asked. Minyoung looked at him, then she shook her head.

“Duibuqi ge, I cant. Don’t worry, I’ll definitely make up for it.” She beamed at him.

“You better promise.”

“I will, don’t worry. Besides, we’ll be seeing each other more in the future, not just at home.”

Kris looked at her, puzzled.

“I’ve decided to work for agung.”

“That’s good, agung asked me to ask you the other day, he cant seem to ask you straight in the face though.” Kris nodded, Minyoung smiled and patted his hand.

“I hope you’ll take care of me at work, chairman.”

 

Junhee’s POV

 

Oh my god.

It’s the way he looks at her. So intense.

Wont Minyoung melt?

I feel like such a fan girl right now.

The way Kris looks at her, it’s just so….

I chuckled, why cant Minyoung see that or even feel it?

I mean, look at Kris, cousin! Look!

“You’re smiling like a lunatic, that gets me worried.” I felt someone sit beside me.

“Oh, you noticed?” Luhan’s gaze was directed at them.

“How could she not…see that?” I faced him. Luhan just shrugged and sipped on his champagne.

“Because, basically, Youngie’s dense.” Someone sat beside me. I blinked.

“Uhmm, Luhan…..”

“Oh, this is Myungsoo, Myungsoo this is Junhee.”

“Nice to meet you, real cousin.” He nodded at me, I took his hand and shook it.

“Real cousin? Oh.”

He smirked and looked ahead.

“He’s the best friend?” I asked Luhan.

“Basically the only guy with trust Youngie with asides from us.” Luhan shrugged.

I saw Lay standing by the corner, three girls was talking to him.

“That includes Lay too?” I asked.

“Ya, Lay’s not like that with her. She’s a sister to us, well I guess not to Kris, but you can kind of see the whole point right~”

“Luhan hyung, you’re confusing her.” Myungsoo looked at us.

“To put it into simple words, real cousin. They all love Minyoung like a sister playboy or not, but Kris loves her differently.”

Luhan blinked at him, then he nodded.

“Nice choice of words, L.”

“So, you and Minyoung are going out tomorrow?” I asked him.

“Yeah, we have some things to do.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

From the corner of his eye, Lay saw Luhan take the seat beside Junhee. He frowned a little; he wanted to sit beside her earlier. But he couldn’t escape the women who were talking to him.

Then he felt a tap on his arm.

“Ge?” Minyoung smiled at him, her eyes narrowing a little.

“Excuse me, ladies.” He gave them a smile before letting Minyoung pull him.

“I saved you, youre welcome.” Minyoung muttered as they walked to the table.

“Well, thanks a lot, honey pie sweety bunch~”

“Ting xialai!(Stop it!)”  She hissed under her breath. Lay chuckled and pinched her cheek.

“A wild unicorn appears.” She muttered as she sat down back on her seat. Kris grinned at her statement.

“I think, Luhan likes your cousin.” Kris said as he leaned on his elbow. Lay tensed on his seat a little.

“Lulu ge likes everyone, ge.” Minyoung shrugged.

“No, it’s the different kind of like, mei.”

Minyoung turned to them and watched her brother.

“I don’t…sense anything.” She blinked at him.

“Good for you, dense little girl that we love.” Lay chuckled and looked at Kris pointedly.

 

“Finally, it’s over.” Minyoung said as they headed to the lobby and waited for their car. Agung was still talking on the phone with someone.

“It’s raining.” Tao glanced at the glass windows.

Minyoung saw Lay and Luhan both take off their coats together. Then they walked to Junhee. She felt her jaws drop.

Kris’ brows rose at the sight

“Uh~” Junhee looked confused.

“Would you guys like to walk in the rain? I think it’s fun.” Minyoung said as she rubbed her palms togther, then she took off her shoes and ran out.

“Ya, Jiang Minyoung!” Luhan called and dropped his coat on the floor and went after her.

“Nice move, Mei.” Tao shook his head.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++