20

It All Begins With A Choice

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 

“The engagement’s tomorrow, you should say your sweet goodbye to your Yifan ge.” Chaerin said as they met by the hall. Minyoung stopped walking and turned to face her.

“Sweet goodbye? Maybe I should say that to you.”

Chaerin crossed her arms.

“Are you being bitter because you’re not the star today?” She cooed.

Minyoung tensed.

“Let’s see.”

“You know Minyoung, you always think that it’s always about you~”

“Enough.” A voice joined them. Chaerin smiled at Kris, but then her smile faltered when Kris’ hand fell on Minyoung’s shoulder.

“Go ahead, the others are waiting for you.” He said. Minyoung nodded before leaving.

“What was that oppa?”

“Minyoung, she can break every bone in your body with in a matter of seconds, take that as me saving your life.” Kris said before heading for the stairs.


 

The elder Jiang smiled proudly as Chaerin walked in the living room wearing the dress she was going to wear for the party tomorrow.

Lay and Luhan were in the corner discussing something. Kris was sitting down, he wanted to get out of the room but the old man would just stop him.

Minyoung walked in the room and sat beside him. She gave him a smile and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.

“Let’s talk later.” She said before turning to Tao.

 

Kris’ POV

 

Minyoung stood up and walked to the window. Something’s wrong. She looks bothered.

“Kris, aren’t you going to fit your suit? We should see how you look.” Sekyung said.

“Right, oppa!”

I felt the guys’ gazes on me.

“They’re right, Yifan.” Agung said.

“They’re not.” Minyoung turned to us.

“Minyoung…..what are you saying?” Chaerin smiled at her sweetly. I saw her smirk.

“I don’t know…maybe it’s because you’re a fake.”

“Jiang Minyoung!” Agung stood up.

“Yes, I am Jiang Minyoung. Jiang blood runs through my veins. Do your veins even have the same blood as I do?” Minyoung walked towards Chaerin.

I saw Lay go out of the room.

“Minyoung-ah.” Sekyung turned to her.

“Shut up, you liar.” She snapped.

“Youngie~” I stood up.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Kris stood up and stepped to her, but then agung walked to her.

“Minyoung, what are you saying? I told~”

“Gu Chaerin is not your granddaughter, her mother is not auntie Qing Mong.” She said.

Sekyung gasped.

“Gu Sekyung gave birth to her. Sekyung’s maiden name was Lee. If Chaerin were to be a Jiang, she would be Lee Chaerin, not Gu.”

Agung opened his mouth. But no sound came.

Kris froze on his spot.

“She’s an imposter, a fake!”

Luhan and Tao tensed on their seats.

“Agung, she’s lying. I talked to Minyoung, she got angry at me for getting Kris. She’s just jealous.”

“Oh don’t you dare go there, Gu Chaerin. At least I’ve always been true about myself. And I have every right to be angry at you.”

“Minyoung, enough!” Agung’s voice boomed. Minyoung looked at him.

“I don’t know what you’re trying to do but this should stop.”

“Ge, the results.” Minyoung looked at Tao.

Agung took the brown envelop from him. Then he started to read. He dropped the paper on the ground. The old man’s face reddened in anger. His fingers quivered and balled into fists.

“Thieves.” He said one word.

“Get them out of here!” He called for his butler.

Minyoung took a step back.

“Agung, we’re sorry! We’re so sorry!” Sekyung pleaded.

“I want you two out. You will be meeting with my lawyers tomorrow.” He said with finality.

Minyoung looked away. Kris looked at her.

“Minyoung-ah, agung’s really sorry.” He took her hand. Minyoung smiled at her grandfather.

“I’m not mad at you, agung. I just want you to know the truth.”

“Then…do you know where she is?” Agung asked. Minyoug smiled.

Luhan and Tao looked at the doorway. Luhan gave Junhee an encouraging smile.

“In fact, she’s here already.” She tilted her head towards the door.

Junhee stood there, beside Lay.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++