37

It All Begins With A Choice

 

Narrator

 

“Kris ge called, he says that no one can reach Minyoung.” Lay said as he sat down. Junhee looked at her food.

They were inside the company’s cafeteria. Luhan placed his spoon down.

“Did you try to call L?”

“Myungsoo says he saw her at the mall earlier with some unknown guy. I didn’t tell Kris ge that part. I don’t want war.” Lay shook his head furtively. Junhee chuckled.

“Ya, Kris ge being jealous isnt fun. He will nag us.”

Luhan smiled.

“True.” He nodded.

“That guy earlier, who is he? He seems to be close with her.” Lay asked.

“Ya, if he weren’t close to the family you think he could get in the house, Zhang Yixing?”

“Right.” Lay nodded.

Junhee sighed.

“Actually…I think..Minyoung knows.”

“About what?” Lay asked.

“About Kris.”

 

 

“Who is that?” Myungsoo hissed.

“A childhood friend. We used to play together when we were young.”

“How come I never met him then?” Myungsoo said.

“Because he left for Japan when we turned six, and that’s were Kris ge and the others came to live with us, and I met you when we were nine.”

“Oh, right.”

“So basically, he’s known me longer than anyone else.”

“Leave, go back to him then!” Myungsoo glared at her.

 

It was around five in the afternoon when the elder Jiang arrived home.

“How was your first day, my granddaughter?”

“It was manageable, haraboji.” She nodded. Then a middle aged woman stepped behind him.

“This is her, pa? Jie’s daughter?”

Agung nodded. Junhee looked at the lady.

“I’m so pleased to meet you!” She said as she hugged Junhee.

Junhee was about to ask her who she was, but then Lay entered the room.

“Ayi(Auntie)!” He smiled.

“Oh, you’re the same good looking Yixing.” She smiled. Junhee felt clueless, well she is.

“Junhee this is Minyoung’s mother, she’s Guma(Auntie) to you.” Agung said.

“Oh, auntie Ming Fan.” She gave her a polite bow.

“I prefer Guma, you’re really pretty.” Ming Fan took both of her hands and squeezed them.

“Wanshang hao, ayi.” Luhan entered with Tao behind him.

“Lulu and Zitao, hello!”

Junhee was amused, somehow, Minyoung and her mother were similar.

“Wu Yifan?” She asked.

“I’m here, ayi. Nice to see you again.” Kris went in the room and gave her a hug.

“Everybody’s here, but wo de nu er zai nali(where’s my daugther)?”

Junhee looked around.

“She isnt back yet, guma.” She replied. Kris looked away.

“Mwo? Kris, cheonhwa hae.(What? Kris, call her.)”

“Ayi, I don’t~”

“Agung told me, I’m okay with it. You’re worthy of my~”

“Who’s worthy of who?” Minyoung walked in the room.

Everyone exhaled.

“Oh, ma!” Minyoung smiled and hugged her mother.

“Where were you, young lady? It’s already dark and you’re alone~”

“Actually wasn’t, auntie.”

Kai gave her a small wave.

“Jongin-ah!” Ming Fan smiled at him and ushered him over.

“Pa, it’s Minkyung’s son, remember him? He used to come here every weekends.”

Agung nodded.

“Of course, how could I forget him when  he broke one of our China vases.”

Minyoung and Kai chuckled.

“Can Kai stay over for dinner?” She asked as she placed one arm around his neck playfully.

Junhee’s eyes widened. Tao pouted.

“Of course, he’s family! Now go wash up!” Ming Fan shooed her daughter and pulled Kai with her.

“How’s your mom doing? Is your dad still in Japan?”

 

Junhee’s POV

 

“Uhm…who’s he again?” Lay asked as Junhee shut the door behind her. The library has become their hiding place or meeting place.

“Kim Jongin, young master.” Jang nodded.

“How does he know mei?” Luhan asked.

“Before you arrived here, he was here almost everyday, him and the young miss would chase around the garden. I think they were four years old back then.”

“But…where did he go? It’s my first time seeing him.” Lay asked.

Junhee looked at the butler. He looked like cops were interrogating him.

“Young master Kim was six years old when the whole family left for Japan.”

Tao nodded, he was sharpening his dagger. Junhee sighed and got it from him.

“It’s scary.” She hissed. Tao chuckled and squeezed her.

“What are you doing Zitao?” Luhan sighed and pulled Junhee away from him. Kris looked up and gave his cousin a quizzical look. Then he smirked.

“I feel like Minyoung mei is going to be grabbed from me, at least I have Junhee still!” Tao nodded defiantly.

“So, those two are close? Kai and Minyoung?” Lay asked.

“Yes, they are. They even promised to get married to each other when they grow up.” Jang chuckled heartily.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++