19

It All Begins With A Choice

 

Minyoung’s POV

 

“Ready?” Lulu ge asked. I gave him a nod then we went in.

“Good morning~ Oh, it’s you again.”

They’re close?

I had to smile. Luhan ge had that charm, he was a people person. Boy or girl, one can be easily at ease with him. Maybe it’s his big doe eyes or smile~

Wait, I should be thinking about my cousin. My real cousin.

I saw her stand from the counter. Then her eyes landed on me. She blinked.

“This is Minyoung.” Luhan ge announced.

“Oh, hi.” She gave me a small wave.

“Nice to meet you.” I replied.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Junhee sat on the seat across Minyoung.

“I’m leaving you two….to talk. I’ll see you later, mei.” Luhan patted her hand before leaving. Junhee blinked at him in confusion. Minyoung took off a necklace from her neck.

“I believe you have something like this.” She said as she pushed the locket towards her. Junhee’s eyes widened.

She looked at the familiar design of the locket, A tiger and a dragon with intricate swirls.

“How….” Junhee couldn’t say anything.

“I know who you are, and it seems…you do know too.” Minyoung said.

“Look, Minyoung-ssi, I…”

“You are aunt Qing Mong’s daughter. I’m so glad to finally meet you.”

Junhee didn’t say anything but she produced her locket from her jean pocket.

“My…mother left this before she…died.”

Minyoung smiled and recognized the Jiang family emblem on the locket.

“Can..you tell me why? Why you let…Chaerin take over your place?”

Junhee bit her lip.

“There’s no escape now, huh?” She asked. Minyoung could only smile at her.

“They….created trouble in the family. The whole household is in a mess right now. I just….want to fix things.” Minyoung said.

“My aunt…and Chaerin..they were the first ones to know about the search. I actually didn’t know what they planned at first, but one night, auntie came home and told me everything.”

Minyoung nodded for her to continue.

“At first, I was surprised, I never really expected my mother has relatives in the country, then she told me about what they were doing. How Chaerin had assumed my identity.”

“Why did you let her? Are you….angry at..us?”

“No. I just….Auntie Sekyung was the one who cooped me up when my father died. She paid for my education, fed me and provided me shelter. It was the only way I could pay for all the sacrifices she made for me.”

“But…by lying…” Minyoung bit her lip.

“I know it’s wrong. But it was the only thing I could think of, I never expected you would know.”

“Actually, it wasn’t me, it was Luhan ge. He….grew suspicious  of your aunt and cousin.”

“So…does everyone know now?”

“No, just me, Luhan ge and Tao ge.”

“How about the elder Jiang?” Junhee asked.

“That….we really have to talk about.” Minyoung frowned.

 

Luhan went back the shop and hour later, he found the two female Jiangs talking while eating some pastries.

“This is a good sign.” He smiled as he sat beside Minyoung.

“Should I formally introdce you two?” He asked. The girls just started at him.

“Mingyoung this is Junhee your long lost cousin, Junhee this is Minyoung.”

Minyoug smiled as she stuck her hand out.

“Nice to finally meet you, unnie.”

Junhee smiled as well.

“Same here.” She shook her hand.

 

Tao smiled as he received the DNA results from the hospital.

Junhee is the real granddaughter.

“Zitao, we have a meeting in ten minutes.” Kris appeared by his door. Tao quickly placed the papers in his drawer.

“Okay.”

Kris looked at him.

“Have you seen Luhan? He’s out the whole day.”

“Wu Yifan, agung is loking for you.” Lay walked up behind him.

Tao sighed in relief. Of course he knew where Luhan was.

“And I advice you not to come, it’s about Chaerin.”

Kris’ brows furrowed.

“One day to go, till the party. You better think of something fast, dragon ge.” Lay said.

 

“About…mei, is something bothering her? Last night, she seems so….rude.” Kris said.

“You’re right. I noticed that too.”

“Well, mei’s having anger management problems.” Tao reasoned as they walked together to the conference room.

“Isnt that Kris ge’s problems?” Lay asked. Kris socked his arm. The three chuckled.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++