65

It All Begins With A Choice

 

Narrator

 

 

Kris tensed in his seat as the directors eyed Junhee skeptically as she presented her report for the new proposal for the mall.

“Mei mei should have came.” Tao muttered. It was just the four of them, Tao, Lay, Junhee and him. Luhan was out with Minyoung, they were both checking the Idae branch.

“But, miss Lee, if you start this project by the end of the year, it would clash with the Ilsan proposal.”

Kris looked at the director who had his arms crossed. Tao rolled his eyes.

“It wont. I have spoken with the planning board, they reported~”

“What I’m saying is, even if the planning board had said that it will be okay, what about our funds?”

“The funding has been checked by the accounting department~”

“If they have~”

“Will you just let her finish first?” Lay snapped suddenly.

Tao and Kris blinked.

Even the director who kept on cutting Junhee looked startled.

“Director Zhang, I just wanted to clarify, miss Lee is still new to the company.”

“Her decisions are backed by the president, plus she tried to explain many times, you just kept on cutting her off.”

Everyone turned quiet.

“Director Park seems to think her report is inadequate, we’ll postpone the meeting next week when president Jiang is back. I will be sure to report this matter.” Lay nodded as he sat up.

Everyone seated on the table winced except for Tao and Kris. They all knew how harsh agung could be.

 

“He did what?” Minyoung chuckled as Tao told her about what Lay did on the phone.

“For a moment back there, mei, I thought him and Kris ge switched bodies.” Tao chuckled.

Minyoung smiled, then Luhan got in the car with her.

“Who is it?” Luhan asked.

“Tao gege.” She replied.

“Are you guys coming home now? Kris ge says that he wants to eat together?”

“Yeah, we are, I’ll call you when we reach Seoul.” Minyoung said as he placed her phone down.

“You heard about Lay today?” Luhan chuckled.

“He lost his temper on Director Park.”

“The pot bellied pig.” Luhan snickered.

“Luhan ge!”

Luhan smiled.

“We should be at Seoul by an hour.” He nodded as he started the car. Minyoung smiled as she looked at him.

 

“Lay what was that?” Junhee asked as they stepped out to the company’s roof garden.

“I always despised that pot beillied man.” Lay nodded.

Junhee chuckled and sat down.

“But, it was rude.” She said. Lay shrugged and placed his hands in his pockets.

“I was wondering, what….is up with your mood nowadays?”

“What do you mean?” Lay looked at her.

“You scaring Yilin one time at breakfast, you got drunk and now, you…snapped at Director Park.”

Lay sighed.

“Do I really need to explain myself?”

Junhee nodded playfully.

“It was because….because….I thought…I would lose you.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++