6

It All Begins With A Choice

 

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Lulu!” Minyoung stood from her seat and hugged him. Luhan chuckled and caught her, gently patting her back. Kris smiled a little.

“We have guests?” Luhan asked as Minyoung let go of him.

“Ge, this is Chaerin and her aunt Sekyung. She’s auntie Qing Mong’s daughter.” Minyoung announce. Luhan smiled and greeted them.

“Chaerin, Mrs. Gu, this is Luhan. He lives with us too.” Minyoung said in Korean.

“You should have called her cousin.” Lay said in their typical dialect.

“Yixing.” Kris threw him a look. Lay chuckled, always the troublemaker.

“I’m sorry, we’ve been speaking Mandarin at home always. I slip at times. Anyway. This is Luhan.” Minyoug placed her hands together.

“Nice to meet you.” Chaerin smiled sweetly. Lay rolled his eyes.

“Same here.” Luhan nodded and sat beside Minyoung.

“Chaerin you should learn Mandarin too, so that you can converse with them.” Sekyung said.

“Bai tuo, it’s not an easy task.” Lay said in Chinese.

Zhang Yixing.” Kris sighed.

Minyoung and Luhan chuckled.

 

“So how was Japan? Did you buy me~”

Luhan made an act of sighing heavily and picked up a box from his luggage. Minyoung smiled, she was sitting on his bed.

Luhan set the box beside her.

“I’ve been looking for this shoe around the country. Thank you gege!” She beamed. Luhan winced at the amount of aegyo she was spilling.

“Anyway, you don’t seem so close with her, why is it?” He asked as he plopped on his office chair.

“She just got here, ge. It hasn’t even been a week, she needs time to adjust.”

“That doesn’t answer the question, mei.”

Minyoung sighed.

“I don’t know, but there’s just something…..holding me back. Am I being weird for that?”

“You think you’re not weird?” Luhan arched one brow.

“Talking to Kris ge is less stressing.” She muttered as she picked up the box and stood up.

“Gege, you should rest first, we’ll talk later. I still have class.”

 

 

Junhee’s POV

 

My mother’s father is the owner of that huge company? My……g—grandfather is that Jiang Xifong?

Appa never mentioned it to me. All he said that eomma’s parents were away. All this time, I had a family after all.

 

I was behind the counter when I heard the bells ring, a signal that a customer had entered. I stood up, well there were two customers.

“Do you sell cinnamon buns here?” The girl asked. A tall male was standing beside her, he looked like he was glaring. On the contrary, the girl beside her was bright and happy looking.

“We do. It’s in here.” I pointed towards the glass case. Then she started speaking in another language. I saw the male nod.

Then he left.

“Was that Chinese?” I asked.

“Yes. I grew up speaking that language. How much am I paying you?” She asked.

“It’s 45,000 won.”

She took out her wallet and handed me some bills.

“Mei?” The man appeared by the door again.

“I need to go, you can keep the change.” She smiled and went to the door.

“I hope you enjoy the bread!” I called out.

 

 

Minyoung’s POV

 

“What’s the rush, panda ge?” I asked I went out of the bakeshop.

“Everything in the shop was so pink….It makes me feel..sick.”

I chuckled.

“Ya, the lady at the counter was really kind.”

He rolled his eyes at me.

“Ya!”

Luhan ge was calling to us.

“Who planned this lunch out anyway?” Tao ge grumbled as we walked to him.

 

Everyone was seated around the table. Luhan ge had made reservations on one of our favorite restaurants. Chaerin was with us.

Kris ge and Luhan ge were discussing some things about business. Tao ge played with his phone while Lay gege was the one checking the menu.

“Mei, nǐ xiǎng chī shén me?(What do you want to eat?)” Gege was looking at me.

“Wo?”

“Duh.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Chaerin didn’t like the fact that they were conversing in Chinese. She didn’t feel like they welcomed her. She could not even understand what they were saying.

“I’ll have that pasta you usually order, unnie what do you want to eat?” Minyoung looked at her.

Tao handed her the menu.

Chaerin shook her head.

“I’m not really feeling well, can you excuse me for a while?”

Minyoung could only nod as Chaerin stood up.

 

“What’s with her?” Lay blinked.

“Well, you guys should have considered speaking in Korean, she must have felt left out.” Minyoung said.

“Wo bu xihuan ta. (I don’t like her.)” Tao grumbled.

“Ge, she’s just~”

“I think it’s unreasonable that she felt bad because we were talking to each other in our language. She’s being petty.” He added. Luhan bit his lip.

It was his…duty lighten the mood up again.

“Hey, lets drop the topic, instead let us just eat!”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++