LUHAN

Cutting-edge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Her hair was pulled upward in a messy bun. The bags – luggage under her eyes clearly shouts lack of sleep. She was physically and emotionally drained from what was happening around her. A day just passed by but it looked like she aged so much overnight. When she called me earlier this morning, I could sense the hint of desperation in her voice, she needed someone by her side. To know that I was the first person she had thought of instantly made me all giddy, almost forgetting what she said in the car. Why did I even asked her that?
 


Suho called yesterday, telling me not to let Eunsae enter the stadium, explaining what was the reason of the sudden action that was needed to be done in an instant. He had told me about the scandal and how it was not a good idea for Eunsae to be seen by the media. Over reacting would not solve the problem but I could not help not to feel a pang of jealously. And here I thought that we have a thing. Then it hit me hard to know what was on her mind.
 


"Luhan... I am sorry" A simple sorry would have been good in my ears if she did a horrible thing, but her sorry said and spelled differently to me, like I don't stand a chance at all. She was confusing, giving me mixed signals all the time. She once said the she likes me but then later she pushes me away like I was some kind of plague. I could not read through her. And now she called me which I agreed to without thinking twice. Stupid me, being wrapped around her fingers like some animal who craved for an ownership of a master. She's frustrating in so many ways.


"Honestly I don't know why I called you... sorry for being a bother." She gave me a little smile that didn't reach her eyes. How many times have I seen the same expression plastered on her face? How many times have I comforted and tried to make her happy when she's down over the same matter. Countless. She's always hurting because she keeps on running away.


"I think I have an idea already. Have you contacted sunbaenim?" I sat beside her, petting her back gently, hoping that the little gesture will make her feel okay, if not at least better. "I did." She rested her head on the table, angling it at my direction and she was looking at me with that same pained expression. Instinctively, upon seeing her hair in a mess, covering half of her face I tucked some behind her ear, my fingers lingering longer than usual.


"Mopping around won't help, come on I'll lead you to your happiness." I had my hand placed on her head gently patting her there. She gave me a confused look as if I have grown wings. Ignoring her pleading look for an explanation, I stood up and slipped something in between her palm that was outstretched on the table, squeezing it tightly around her hand. "Your happiness won't wait for you if you won't move fast."


If letting go would be this hard then I should have prepared myself a lot more than this. But the stubborn part of me was at fault, all along I have known deep down that I don't stand a chance, it was just a wishful thinking that I have put in mind that she would eventually give in to my charms. Despite the board on top of her head that flashes red, bold letters telling me that she has only Kyuhyun sunbae on her mind I still pushed harder, wanting to have a spot in her heart. However, she could never forget him. Even in her sleep she murmurs his name. It was clear and almost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter