EUNSAE

Cutting-edge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 


 

AN: HI! This chaptrer will probably be my last update for this month and hey this chapter is a bt longer than usual. I am sorry if it took me so long to update. And pardon my mistakes and grammatical errors because I am in a rush hoho. Anyway, I'll be extra busy these coming weeks for we only have a month in school and boom! VACATION~~~ I hope you understand... anyway ENJOY, COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :)))) ♥ //runsaway~~


 


 


 


 

PS: GIF IS NOT MINE


 


 


 


 


 

Getting up was harder than usual, my head was searing with pain. As I slowly rise up, I felt my head throbbed terribly which caused me to collapse back on my bed. My hands instantly shot upwards to my head and trailed on both sides of it. I gently caressed my temples, closing my eyes in the process. Although the circular motion of my fingers lessen the excruciating pain, the relief brought by it didn't last enough for my contentment. If I even managed to get up at any moment I'll blame Sehunnie. He is the sole reason why I am stuck on my bed and experiencing this pain. A package of colds and headache was given to me by Sehun. If he didn't make us wait that long outside I won't be sick right now.  He even dared to leave me with Luhan last night, he did the same thing twice but I cannot really blame him. The maknae just want to help Luhan apologize. He did a small favor for his hyung and I could totally understand his so called 'pure intentions', it's just that he is way too pushy, not that I don't like that side of his. I admit he is totally cute and playful but well he is quite annoying often times.


 


 

Luhan's offer last night sounded so good to my ears after what had happened to me.


 


 

Last night, we were just sitting silently near the shoreline, waiting for Sehun to appear at any moment when Luhan decided to cut the thick air between us. “I'll tell him to stop if that's what you want.” Though as much as I want for Sehun to stop... I don't have the heart to make him. He is too adorable and to receive a cold shoulder from me is quite unfair.


 


 

Then everything that happened last night came back rushing in my head with that single thought of Luhan's offer.


 


 

“but I don't regret anything that I did or I said...I am sure... so sure that I like you and whether you like it or not.. I'll show you that I am better than sunbaenim."


 


 

He had told me once more that he likes me. He was so sure this time. How his eyes lit up when he said those few words stunned me. I never saw someone that happy while confessing even though he knew better that his chance was close to non-existing. But what hit me hard was the thing he said about being better than his sunbae... and I know that he was referring to Kyuhyun. He was aware of everything thanks to Sooyoung and her insecurities.


 


 


 


 

***


 


 


 

“The decision is still up to you... but at least let me show you what I can do before shutting me down completely.” Finally he had gathered enough guts to face me. His face brightened up and his lips curved upwards. His eyes landed on mine, he stared for too long, searching for an approval in my eyes but when he saw none he quickly looked away. “You could at least appreciate what I said you know... ”


 


 

“Luhan... I..” “What is so special about sunbaenim anyway?” He sharply asked out of the blue, cutting me off. His eyes were darting somewhere that's not in my direction. I can tell that he was disappointed. Not only that he sounded like one but how his face turned blank proved the change of his mood.


 


 

“It's not that Luhan...” I tried to reach out for him but stopped half way, realizing that it was an embarrassing and inappropriate thing to do. “I can't just try again... not now.” I don't want to hurt him yet I am heading to that way by rejecting him indirectly. Luhan is a smart cookie and he could easily tell that I want nothing to do with his feelings. Not that I want nothing but it scares me. “You know... we can be friends... then I might reconsider... just please don't make it hard for me... you don't even know me that well.” I was silently praying for Sehun to quickly appear right before us, this conversation is eating me up. I was beginning to feel guilty.


 


 

“I can know you in a day... ” Luhan quietly muttered under his breath. He was still looking away, his eyes were in a distant space that only he can identify.


 


 

“But you'll end up hating me... you didn't know what I did in the past...” Sehun... where are you? Come quickly. I don't want this conversation, I don't know where this talk would lead us and not knowing a thing scares me.


 


 

“It's in the past... nothing can change that.” Luhan's every reply makes me guiltier. It's not that I did something bad. I was just saving myself. True, I am scared that I might get attached to him, and that, I don't want to happen. I made a mistake in trusting Kyuhyun before and I don't want to trust anyone with my feelings anymore. I just want to live happily, pursue the dreams that I left hanging... and moreover, I want my friends back. Loving someone special for the second time was not on my list when I planned to go back here in Korea. I have had enough of the lies sugar coated by sweet endearments and actions.


 


 

“You're too kind for me... ” I softly uttered.


 


 

“No! that guy is not kind at all!” I took a glance at the source of the abrupt statement and saw Sehun at Luhan's side, he magically materialized out of nowhere. He was pointing his finger accusingly at the older man. Sehun was at Luhan's arm's length and the older swiftly swung his nearest arm and aimed for his bestfriend's leg. Luhan managed to hit him, hard. The maknae winced in pain and looked at me with those pleading eyes. I quickly supported myself and got up, hurrying to his side. “Kind my .” he mocked right before I shushed him.


 

“Can we just head inside? It's getting cold out here.” I grabbed Sehun's arm and pulled him close to me and then I offered my available hand for Luhan to take. I did not expect him to accept or even acknowledged my outstretched hand but he did which made me smile. He was not mad at me. He brushed those little particles of sand with the mixture of snow that clung onto his pants. It was then that I realized that he was only using one hand because his other hand was still gripping mine. The thought of it made me blush a little.


 

“I'll take the friendship than nothing.” Luhan whispered softly in my ear. He was careful not to be be seen by Sehun but too late, the younger one saw what he just did.


 

“Hyung!” Sehun whined and pulled me with him, away from Luhan. “Stay away from noona!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter