06 The Doctor's Favor

Burning ,Lovely ,Untouchable & Emotional

♦Eunmi POV♦

    I woke up, sun seeping through the blinds of my window. I squinted until my eyes adjusted to the brightness. I got out of bed walking to the bathroom to wash up. After I washed my face and brushed my teeth I went back to my room to get dressed. Afterwards, I came downstairs. The aroma of Jungshin's cooking filled the air. I walked to the kitcen the aroma of Junshin's cooking getting stronger.  In the kitcen sat Jonghyun and Jungshin eating. We ate in an awkward silenece. "Aish.. Is it always this quiet in the morning?" Jonghyun said breaking the silence. Jungshin and I exchanged glances then nodded. "AISH! How do you two handle such an awkward atmosphere in the morning?!" Jonghyun asked. We both shrugged.

     "We don't find it awkward, more of a," I paused for a moment, "comfortable silence." Jungshin nodded in agreement. This seemed to make Jonghyun even more confused. After a few more minutes of eating I got up. "I'm gonna go head to school now, annyeong~" I got up then left the house. I caught a bus to Yonsei when I finally got there, I went on to my first class.

 

~Later~

 

     Classes were finally over and I was about to head to Yonsei library excited to go to the library and see Minhyuk since I coudn't yesterday. That was until I got a phone call from Doctor Kim. I answered my phone.

     "Yeobosayo?"

               Eunmi? 

       "Neh? What do you need?"

                 I have something to important to talk about with you I know this is earlier than you usual come to SN but, could you  come now , please?

           "Of course Doctor Kim I'll be there right away,"

                  Komawo Eunmi.

          "No problem Doctor Kim I'll be there soon," and with that I clicked my phone off to end the call. I let out disapointed sigh *Looks like I won't be able to go to the library today..* As if on cue I got a text message from Minhyuk.

                    To: Eunmi-ah

            Looking forward to you coming to the library today~ If you want I can give you a ride to SN hospital afterwards^^

                         From: Minhyuk

Guilt washed over me like a blanket even though technically it wasn't even my fault but, nonetheless I still felt guilty. I texted him back.

                         To: Minhyuk

                  Mianhe Minhyuk-ah I can't come by the library today ;~; something came up at SN hospital. But I promise to make it up to   you~!^^(: <3

                            From: Eunmi

Afterwards I caught the bus towards SN hospital then signed in, clipping on my name tag. I went to Doctor Kim's office then knocked on the door before coming in. "Come in," he answered. I slowly opened the door peeking my head through the door. "Eunmi! Come in I have something inportant to about with you, " the elderly man motioned for me to sit on the chair across from his. 

          "What do you need Doctor Kim?" I asked.

           "I've noticed you're quite close with our patient Yonghwa, correct?"

           "I guess you could put it that way."

           "Ok then, I have a favor to ask you,"

           "Neh?"

           "Would it be possible to have Yonghwa discharged from the hospital and live with you?" he asked.

            "Mwoh??" I asked, surprised Doctor Kim would ask such a thing.

             "Chebal, Eunmi, Yonghwa has been a patient here for two years and he hasn't had any progress from his depression till' yesterday."

           "Yesterday?"

             "Neh, yesterday seemed to be the first time in two years Yonghwa ever expressed emotion and even showed he actually cared for something." I thought for a while. Of course I wanted Yonghwa to get better but, would this be too far? These moments of silence seemed to be 'no' as my answer to Doctor Kim, "Eunmi, it's fine if you don't want to mianhe for such an extravegant request-"

             "I'll do it."

             "Neh?"

             "I'll let Yonghwa move in for him to get better," I said in a determined voice. Doctor Kim gave me  smile.

              "Kaja, I'll go with you to tell him." We walked out of Doctor Kim's office. We made our way towards the seperate building where Yonghwa's room was located. When we got there I gently knocked on the door.

             "Come in," I heard him answer through the door. I slowly opened the door. When Yonghwa saw my face his expression brightened but, then turned blank again once he saw Doctor Kim trailing behind.

            "Yonghwa, I have something important to ask you," I said nervous on how to say this.

            "Neh?" he asked looking up.

           "Would you like to be discharged from this hospital? I mean, do you like it here?" I asked.

          "There's not exactly anything for me outside this hospital," he replied flatly.

           "If you were gonna be discharged would you like to move in with..me?" I asked waiting for his answer. His face looked surprised.

            "Wae?"

             "Because, Doctor Kim would like you to move in with me," I said but, Doctor Kim gave me a certain look which made me add, "and I would like the extra company."Yonghwa's face brightened.

             "Sure," he plainly stated.I turned to Doctor Kim who smiled.

             "I'll tell the front office," and with that he left. After he left I looked to Yonghwa.

              "Kaja~ Let's pack up all your things," I said with a smile. 

-------------------------------

Thanks for reading~!!^^(: