35.

Burning ,Lovely ,Untouchable & Emotional

►Jungshin POV►

I watched as Jonghyun's face fell. His eyebrows pinched together and he wore an angry/frustrated face. I expected Jonghyun to flip a table, grab me by my collar and punch me in the face. Instead, his jaw clenched, as he spoke in an barely-audible whisper, "Why?" he asked, his voice breaking.

"I'm sorry, Jonghyun," I began, "But with the 'Red Scorpians' after your , I can't risk Eunmi getting in danger because of you."

"But, what if Eunmi likes me back?"

"You don't know that-"

"Well you're not giving me a chance to find out, damn it!" Jonghyun slammed his fist onto the table, causing our chopsticks to clatter. 

"It's better than putting Eunmi in danger!" I found myself shouting back. Jonghyun glared at me. Guilt began to eat me. No, I'm letting anything happen to Eunmi. I promised Umma and Appa I wouldn't let anything bad happen to their Eunmi, and I plan to keep that promise. A long silence fell between the both of us like a blanket. I noticed we had attracted the attention of several other customers. I turned to them. "Mianhe," I apologize. I turn back to Jonghyun. His hands were curled over his knees. His faced scrunched up, his eyes brimmed with tears. I sighed. "Yah, Lee Jonghyun." He looked up at me. He no longer looked angry but, broken. Like a child who's lost his favorite toy. 

"It's no that I don't like you or that I think you wouldn't take care of my Eunmi well enough, it's just-."

"It's just because I'm me, right?" he looked up at me, small tears leaked through his eyes, "A lost, ex-gangster who belongs nowhere."

"God, Jonghyun. Just let me finish my sentence," I let out an exasperated sigh, causing a chuckle from Jonghyun, at least I had lightened the mood somewhat, "It's just the circumstances we're in," I finished. "And stop being so soft and sad it doesn't suit you," I add. 

"Ok fine," he gives me a 'mehrong'. "But, could I have just one favor?"

"What do you want?"

An impish breaks onto Jonghyun's face, "A date, with Eunmi." I pause for a moment. I did just pretty much tell him he can't be with the girl he likes but, what if one of the Red Scorpians go after Eunmi?..One date didn't hurt anyone..

"Fine." The scent of burning meat filled my nostrils. "!" I cursed as I flipped the piece of charred bulgogi. 


 

Jonghyun and I arrived home at an horribly late hour of the night. The house was dark and quiet, as expected. I climbed up the stairs, dropping by Eunmi's room. Eunmi wasn't in her room, though. My eyebrows furrowed. *Where'd Eunmi go?..* I stalked over to Yonghwa bedroom door, cautiously pushing the door ajar. My eyes scanned the room until they landed on Eunmi and Yonghwa. They both sat, on the floor. Eunmi's head rested on Yonghwa's shoulder while, Yonghwa's head rested atop Eunmi's head. Their hands were intertwined, and a warm smile spread across my face for a brief moment. I tip-toed to the couple, peeling Eunmi away from Yonghwa. Yonghwa, fell over though he didn't wake up, stirring slightly in his sleep. I exhaled a sigh of relief. I balanced Eunmi in my arms and marched to her room. I gently laid her on her bed. Pulling the covers over my best friend, I exited her room but, not before sneaking a glance at Eunmi's calander. 'January 27th' had already been marked over with a large, thick 'X'. My eyes landed on the date circled in red marker, 'February 1st'

"Don't worry Eunmi-ah, we won't be alone again like last year, for Umma and Appa's death anniversary," I whisper softly before, sneeking quietly out of the room, switching off the lights.

 


 

im such a bad author..TT^TT

i  promise to update again this week, I PROMISEEE.