12 Promise

Burning ,Lovely ,Untouchable & Emotional

♦Eunmi POV♦

I dashed up the stairs; walking down the small, narrow hallway towards Yonghwa's room. I gently, knocked on the door. "Yonghwa?" I asked softly; hearing soft strums of an unplugged electric guitar.

"Come in," I heard him say. I slowly and carefully opened the door. I found Yonghwa sitting in the far corner. He had a guitar in his hand while, his notebook and pencil lay beside him. I walked up then crouched in from of him, a small pout on my face. At this, Yonghwa looked up from his guitar. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Why did the doctor discharge you from the hospital?" I asked, Yonghwa simply shrugged, I let out a small sigh of frustration,"Because he thought you were finally getting better," I explained, Yonghwa simply nodded. "The doctor still wants you to get better, that's why he, I mean, we brought you here," I explained,"Now, if you just stayed in here all cooped up in your room wouldn't that defeat the purpose?" I asked. Yonghwa simply shrugged once more. I sighed. *It's no hope. He's just gonna stay here.* I got up walking towards the door but, then stopped at the doorway, "Yonghwa, we're all are trying to help you, but, that ultimately depends on you whether you want to help yourself. So please, help yourself, at least try, please, at least for me?" with that I walked down the stairs, dissapointed.

 

ºYonghwa POVº

*Damn..Han Eunmi why the hell do you make me feel so guilty? I want to get better. I want to help myself. For me, for you. It's just so hard..Please understand, please. I'll try my hardest, promise* I vowed in my head. I put my guitar back in it's case then, closed my notebook. I took a deep breath. *I promise, I promise I will.* I repeated in my head as I opened the old, squeaky door. I walked down the small, narrow hallway then proceeded towards the narrow stairs. I went down the stairs hearing the plop of my own two feet coming down the each step. I walked down the stairs. I looked at what everyone was doing, I could smell, the scent of Ox Bone soup in the air. I could hear the clatter of chopsticks against bowls and Jungshin, Jonghyun, Eunmi and another unfamiliar voice I couldn't recognize. *What in the world?*. The voice was soft and polite and it was definitely a guy's voice which caused me to grow even more confused. I walked towards the kitchen. Everyone looked up. Eunmi's face brightened.

"Yonghwa! You came down!" Eunmi smiled then patted the empty seat beside her, "Sit here." I walked over then plopped on the chair. Jonghyun and some baby-faced kid gave me a death glare. *Are they...jealous?* "Here," Eunmi picked up my bowl and put one scoop full of rice. She then gave me another bowl of Ox Bone soup then smiled, "Eat alot, neh?" she smiled. I nodded then began to eat. I had to admit Jungshin's cooking was good. "It's good right?" she asked, I nodded with a small smile. While I was eating I felt a pair of eyes practically boring hole into my forehead. I look towards Jonghyun, who was eating his Ox Bone soup like a pig. I grew confused but, then shifted my gaze to that baby-faced kid. He was glaring at me, even if he did had a baby-face I have to admit I was almost intimidated, almost. 

 

►Jungshin POV

When Yonghwa came downstairs I tried to hold in my laughter. Jonghyun and Minhyuk were glaring daggers towards Yonghwa.  *So these three pabos have a crush on my Eunmi. I'm not exactly against it as long as Eunmi doesn't get hurt. I'm happy.*  We started eating and I noticed Eunmi had a grain of rice on the side of her lip. I reached out to take of the grain of rice when someone beat me to it. Yonghwa took off the grain of rice with his thumb. "Tsk. Tsk. And I thought you were a volunteer at a hospital," Yonghwa said jokingly. I sat there shocked, not only had Yonghwa said something, not emotionless or snarky, but, he was flirting with my Eunmi! *Damn... I feel like one of those dads who aren't ready for their daughters to grow up... NO! You're her best friend not her dad for damn sake!* I noticed Eunmi turn a slight shade of pink. I then turned my gaze towards Jonghyun and Minhyuk who were fuming by now. I tried to stifle my laughter once more. I felt a little bit of sympathy for the two, so I cleared my throat rather loudly. This then caught everyone's attention. 

"Eunmi, you should introduce Minhyuk to Yonghwa," I said. Eunmi who has been oblivious to the whole situation, brightened.

"Oh yeah! I forgot! Thanks for reminding me Jungshin-ah," she thanked, "Minhyuk-ah this is Yonghwa. Yonghwa this is Minhyuk a librarian at my favorite library," she introduced. I glanced at Minhyuk, but, his faced wasn't filled with anger or jealousy like before, it looked more like, hurt.

 

•Minhyuk POV

I spaced out after hearing what Eunmi had said." This is Minhyuk a librarian at my favorite library." Her words echoed through my head. *Why or how could I be hurt so greatly by a simple phrase? I thought I was the only one who had feelings for you.* I looked at Jonghyun who was still fuming. *After just one visit at your house I've realized that I'm now racing for your heart Eunmi,eotokke?*

 

≈Jonghyun POV

I fumed in rage as I watched Yonghwa and Eunmi interact. *What the hell? Do I not exist anymore? Why can't I act like that with Eunmi? But, all I manage to do is ...Plus that damn temper of mine, Aish...*

 

--------------------------------