37.

Burning ,Lovely ,Untouchable & Emotional

We walked up the steep hill. Soon, there laid in front of us, our parents's grave. 

Lee Jungsu                                      Lee Chin Su

4/23/1966- 2/1/2008                    10/16/1967- 2/1/2008

 

Han Jongkyu                                  Han Eunhee

6/18/1967- 2/1/2008                   8/29/1968- 2/1/2008

 

I stared at the four tombstones laid before us. Jonghyun, Minhyuk, and Yonghwa bowed to the tombstones, giving their respects. "We'll uh, give you two some time before we start unpacaking the picnic basket," Minhyuk mumbled. The three moved back a few feet away from the grave. I bowed infront of Jungshin's parents. 

"Annyeong, Imo and Samchon," I greeted. Tears had already began to prick the corners of my eyes. I then faced my own parents while Jungshin began to talk to his. "Annyeong Umma and Appa." No reply, obviously. "Sorry, I haven't been visiting you guys as often, I-I've just been a little b-busy, mianhe." I kneeled infront of my parents. "How have you guys been d-doing?" I stuttered as tears fought for room in my eyes. I closed my eyes, imagining their reply in my head. "That's g-great, Umma. Same w-with you too, A-Appa." I opened my eyes again, this time the tears in my eyes began to trickle down my face. I let out a forced laugh. "D-Did you b-both notice J-Jungshin's haircut? It looks g-good doesn't i-it?" I managed a smile. "H-have you seen our g-guest?" I asked. I turned around to face Jonghyun, Minhyuk, and Yonghwa. I motioned them to come over. All three were hesitant to move forward until, Jonghyun began to make his way towards me, the other two following suit. Jonghyun was the first to arrive at the tombstone. He bowed in respect a second time. "Umma, Appa, this is Jonghyun." I smiled. "Though he may seem scary don't worry, he's really nice and funny." I could feel Jonghyun's sympathetic gaze on me but, I continued to look forward at my parents. 

"Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Han," Jonghyun smiled at the two gravestones. "You two should get your daughter to buy me a bed. The couch hurts my back too much." I laughed at his light-hearted comment. Next, Minhyuk walked up to the gravestone. 

"Annyeongahaesoyeo, Mr. and Mrs. Han," Minhyuk bowed. 

"Umma, Appa, this is Minhyuk. He works in at my favorite library. Isn't that so cool?" I introduced Minhyuk to my parents. Again, no reply. Minhyuk smiled at me, then  to my parents before Yonghwa walked up, last. 

"Annyeong, Umma Han and Appa Han," Yonghwa bowed to the gravestone before turning to me. "Is it okay if I call them that?" he asked softly. I nodded. 

"Umma, Appa, this is Yonghwa. He's the patient I've been telling you both for the past few months. He's actually not as cold as I told you guys about, just a bit shy." I smiled. 

"Don't worry Umma Han and Appa Han, I'll take good care, of your Eunmi," he wrapped a warm arm over my shoulders. He then stood up, bringing me up with him. "Do you wanna eat now?" he asked softly. I nodded then turned to Jungshin. As I turned to him I notice him hastily wipe the tears on his face with his sleeve. Jungshin turned away from his parents facing us. 

"Let's eat now." 


 

The hill was small and we had barely enough room to fit all of us on the picnic blanket. I sat in between Minhyuk and Yonghwa, Jungshin and Jonghyun across from me. Jungshin opened the picnic basket, revealing three large-tupperwares. I reached out to grab one of them to open. I smiled. Jungshin had prepared in the three tupper-wares, *simgumchi namul, *kimbap, and *jang jorim. We laid the three tupperwares in the middle of the picnic blanket. Minhyuk -who was closest to the picnic basket - reached into the basket handing everyone a pair of chopsticks- except for Jonghyun

Minhyuk held the pair of chopsticks infront of Jonghyun's face in a playful manner. Jonghyun reached out to grab the chopsticks but, Minhyuk pulled back, sending the older one a 'mehrong'.

"Yah! Give me my chopsticks back!" Jonghyun reached out to grab the chopsticks again but, Minhyuk moved them again. Yonghwa, Jungshin, and I simply watched and laughed as Jonghyun struggled to get his chopsticks back. "Aish!" Jonghyun ruffled his hair. "Why do you guys always tell me to stop picking on Minhyuk but, never say anything when Minhyuk bullies me!" he pouted. 

"Uh, Jonghyun Oppa, please don't pout. It doesn't suit you," I fake a grimace as another round of laughter is started. "And Minhyuk Oppa, let's just eat now, neh?" Minhyuk huffs a sigh before handing Jonghyun back his chopsticks. 

We began to eat. Jungshin would start a light conversation that would end in Jonghyun and Minhyuk arguing about something like whether I liked Jonghyun better than Minhyuk or Minhyuk better than Jonghyun. 

"If Eunmi-ah picks one, will you two stop bickering?" Jungshin asked. I stared at Jungshin in bewilderment. How could I possibly choose who I liked better?! Even if I did like one of the two better than the other, I'd feel so guilty saying it aloud for the other to hear..

"Oppa!" I protest. 

"Oh come one, Eunmi-ah just choose one!" Jungshin urges, clearly wanting  Jonghyun and Minhyuk to stop bickering already. I glance towards Jonghyun and Minhyuk staring at me expectantly. I turn over to Yonghwa, he had been quiet for the most part during the picnic, I think that's why Jungshin likes him so much. 

"Yonghwa Oppa, I don't know who to choose. What do I do?!" I asked in a half-whisper. Yonghwa glanced at the two who stared at me expectantly with a playful glint in his eye. 

"Mhmm," he thought, tapping his chin lightly. The exagerated action caused to me to giggle. "Choose Jonghyun," he concludes. Minhyuk's face falls. 

"B-but Hyung, I thought you liked me!" Minhyuk frowns. While Jonghyun broke into a fit of laughter. 

"Oh so now, you decide to call Yonghwa hyung~?" Jonghyun teased. 

"Shut up! Hey! That's not fair, techincally Eunmi didn't choose, Yonghwa picked!" Minhyuk protested. 

"But, Eunmi asked for Yongwha's help. So it does count," Jungshin points out. 

"Aish!" Minhyuk ruffles his hair in frustration. Minhyuk crosses his arms in a childish way, pouting. "It's not fair." 

I had recovered from my round of giggling and laughter. "How is it not fair?" I ask, tilting my head. 

"Cause, techincally you didn't choose, Yonghwa did!" Minhyuk pouts again, like a child. 

"It was just a joke though, remember?" I say. At first I thought it wasn't a joke but, when I had caught the playful glint in both Jungshin and Yonghwa's eyes I caught on to what they were doing. Jonghyun heard this and stopped laughing. Now it was Minhyuk's turn to start laughing. 

"It was just a joke! Ha! Take that Lee Jonghyun! It was a joke!" Minhyu pointed at Jonghyun. Jonghyun simply glared at Minhyuk -it was a cute glare though, not the kind that wants to literally rip your head off but, the 'You-just-got-me-bankrupt-in-Monopoly-and-you-shall-pay' kind of glare. 

 

That day we left the cemetary laughing and joking. People must've thought we were crazy, walking out of a cemetary in such a manner but, I didn't care. We had become a family, a mismatched, out of place family, made from scraps left behind and far from perfect but, that was the best kind. 

 


*simgumchi namul - seasoned spinach

*kimbap- rice and various other ingredients rolled into sheets of dired layed seaweed

*jang jorim- soy sauce braised beef

 

did you guys like the update~? after i typed up the first part i felt bad for making it so serious XD

thanks for reading~

I plan for jonghyun fluff in the next chappie~