20. Find Happiness

Burning ,Lovely ,Untouchable & Emotional

 

---------------------------------

 

ºYonghwa POVº

I woke up to a soft knock on my door. "Yonghwa?" a soft sweet voice asked. 

"Come in," I answer back, my voice thick with sleep. The door slowly creeped open revealing, Eunmi. 

"Good morning," Eunmi greeted with a cheerful smile. 

"Do you need anything?" I asked. 

"I was wondering since..." Eunmi played with the hem of peach-colored skirt, "You just got discharged from the hospital I was wondering if... if I could take you around Seoul today?"

Hold on one damn minute. Is Eunmi asking me out on a ...date? Ok, maybe that wasn't what Eunmi actually meant but, techincally it's a date. 

"So you mean like a ...date?" I asked. I noticed Eunmi turned pink, biting her lip, an action I found very adorable. 

"Ermm...That's not exactly what I was-"

"Ok," I interrupted. 

"Chincha?" Eunmi's face lit up.

"What time are we gonna leave?"

 

---------------------------

 

"Are you ready?" Eunmi asked as we put on our shoes at the front door. I gave her a nod with a small smile. 

"WHAT THE HELL? I WANNA GO WITH YOU GUYS!!" Jonghyun whined like an annoying child. 

"Mianhe, Jonghyun. Maybe next time?" She smiled while I inwardly snickered. Eunmi turned to me, "Kaja~."  We walked out the door to the bus stop. As we walked Eunmi asked, "Where do you wanna go?"  I shrugged. "Oh! I know! We can go to my favorite bubble tea shop!" Eunmi bubbled with excitement. 

*Bubble tea...* My thoughts brought me back to memories her.

~flashback~

"Oppa, do you like your bubble tea?" Seohyun asked sweetly. I smiled then nodded, taking a sip of my chocolate bubble tea. "Can I try some, Oppa?" She asked. 

"Only if I can have some of yours~," I answered back. Seohyun nodded and brought here Taro bubble tea towards my face while I did the same with my own bubble tea. I took a sip, the sweet tea coming into my mouth while Seohyun took sip of  my bubble tea. "Is it good?" I asked. She nodded, beaming sweetly.

*I was different back then...I've changed alot haven't I?*

 

"Yonghwa?" Eunmi snapped me out of my thoughts. She looked at me with a worried expression. "Is there anything wrong?" I softened *Eunmi's worried for a sad soul like me?* 

"I'm fine," I assured her with a small smile. Eunmi returned the smile back. We arrived at the bus stop and hopped onto the bus. Eunmi scanned the card twice for the both of us.  We took our seats on the bus. 

"Don't you have school today?" I asked, worried Eunmi was skipping out on school today for me. 

"I do," Eunmi stated, "But, one day of missing out on school wouldn't hurt right?" she smiled. "Besides, I wanted to spend time with you," she added. My heart fluttered. *Eunmi wants to spend time with...me?* "There's the bubble tea shop!" Eunmi pointed through the window. She pressed the button to signal the bus driver to stop we then exited the bus. We walked inside the bubble tea shop. We then walked towards the front counter. "Pick whatever you want, Yonghwa. I'll pay," Eunmi winked jokingly. I chuckled a bit. 

"Annyeong~. What can I get for you today?" the cashier asked. 

"Can I have one small taro with extra tapioca and..." Eunmi looked at me. 

"One small chocolate," I said. 

"Thank you! Your orders will be right up!" the cashier thanked as Eunmi paid for the bubble tea. We picked up our bubble tea at the counter. 

"Is it good?" Eunmi asked as I sipped on my bubble tea. I gave her a slight nod. 

"Do you like yours?" I asked back. Eunmi smiled and nodded. We continued to sip on our bubble tea. 

"Sooo, where do  you wanna go next?" Eunmi asked. I shrugged. "Chincha?" she asked once more. I shrugged once again. I haven't exactly missed Seoul that much. To be honest I was perfectly comfortable back at SN hospital. "There's no where you wanna go? No where at all?" you asked thrice more. 

That's when a certain place came to mind. *Actually there is one place I'd like to visit once more...*

"Actually, can we go..." my voice trailed off a bit. *I wouldn't want to drag Eunmi all the way over there...*

"Come on, Yonghwa. Where ever you wanna go, I'll go to no matter where it is," Eunmi re-assured with a smile. 

"Could we go to...Seohyun's g-grave?" I stumbled over the last word. Eunmi's face turned serious. She looked at me with symaptheitc eyes. 

"Of course, we can, Yonghwa. Do you wanna buy flowers as well?" Eunmi asked, softly. 

"No, it's fine but, could we drop by the house first so I can bring my guitar?" I asked.

"Of course," she replied, gently. 

We finished our bubble tea then made our way back to the house. 

"You guys home so soon?" Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. 

"Yonghwa, just wanted to grab his guitar before we go somewhere," I hear Eunmi say as I climb up the stairs to grab my guitar case. I slung the guitar case over my shoulder than came back downstairs. 

"Kaja," Eunmi said, "Bye!" she waved to Jonghyun and Jungshin. We arrived to the bus stop. No long afterward a bus came to pick us up. After we boarded Eunmi asked, "Do you remember where it is?" she asked. I nodded slowly. I pressed on the button for the bus to stop and we hopped off the bus. We walked to the front gates of the cemetary. I took a deep breath before walking into the cemetary. Eunmi quietly trailed behind me. When we arrived at Seohyun's grave. Eunmi began to walk a few feet away. "I'll give you two both-" I grabbed Eunmi's wrist from leaving. 

"No," my gaze still fixed on the grave," Stay," I looked up at Eunmi with sad eyes, "Please?" Eunmi nodded. I turned back to Seohyun. 

"Annyeong, S-seohyun-ah," my voice was already shaky. "I'm here. See? I finally got dishcharged from the hospital. I even brought your guitar," my voice was filled with sadness as tears threatend to fall from my eyes.  "Have you been well?" I asked, knowing Seohyun wouldn't answer back. "Do you remember the song we used to sing together?" I asked looking down on her grave with solemn eyes. I slipped the guitar out of the leather case and began to play. 

♦Eunmi POV♦

I watched as Yonghwa shared a one-sided conversation with Seohyun. He then began to play a song on his guitar. He began to play the intro but, when it sounded like the first verse would probably start he simply just played. Until he finally bgean. 

(A/n: This song is 'Banmal Song' <---Click there to listen to it!)

" Hopefully we can be a banmal relationship though still unnatural  rather than saying 'gomawoyo' let me hear more intimate words," he sang, his voice was shaky and tears where already streaming down his face as he smiled sadly at Seohyun. I realized he was singing the chorus. *Why would Yonghwa just skip the first verse?* I thought. 

"When we met for the first time, even our smiles were shy," Yonghwa began the second verse, his voice was even more shakier than before, "After today we should be more closer. I'm both excited and looking forwards to it~," Yonghwa sang, though he choked on his words as he tried to hold back his sob. He simply began playing again as if leaving something out. Until I realized, *This song, it's a duet. *

 

ºYonghwa POVº

I finished the song. I was now sobbing. "S-seohyun-ah," I choked on my sob, "Be good for, Oppa, ara?" I said getting ready to leave. "Remember I will always love and miss you," I smiled at her grave stone with solemn eyes. "I'll be sure to keep my promise," I promised. I got up  Eunmi and I left the cemetary. 

The bus ride back home was quiet, allowing my mind to flood myself with memories. 

 

~Flashback~

"Seohyun-ah! Ani, ani, ani!" I cried as we rode in the ambulance to the hospital. "Just stay awake, neh? We'll be at the hospital soon. Just stay stong," I pleaded as I held onto her fragile hand. 

"Yonghwa," she whispered weakly.

"Neh?" I asked.

"Promise me," she said in a barely audible whisper, "After I'm gone..."

"Don't talk like that, Seohyun! We're gonna be fine, we're gonna bring you to the hospital and afterwards  we can sing our duet together!" I pleaded as I clutched onto her hand tightly. 

"...Find happiness, again... E-even without..me," she whispered her eyes fluttering. 

"ANDWE! Seohyun, Seohyun, please...please, no..." I pleaded once more. 

"I love you , Jung Yonghwa," she smiled. 

"I love you too, Seohyun," I cried as she slowly drifted off into eternal slumber. 

 

*I promise, I will. I'll find happiness, again, Seohyun-ah...even without you.*

 

Author's Note:

Hai guys! (:

So... could you tell me what you think of the story so far? Like, I feel like this story has been really slow. But, I really want you guys's opnion^^ 

Anyways, Thanks for reading~!!

I'll try to update soon (;