22. Desperate People Do Stupid Things

Burning ,Lovely ,Untouchable & Emotional

≈Jonghyun POV≈

Eunmi and I watched TV wordlessly. I looked down towards Eunmi , her head was nodding back and forth, her eyes fluttering. I gently reached my hand out and placed her head on my shoulder. 

"Jonghyun?" Eunmi called half sleep. 

"Sleep, Eunmi-ah," I order back, in a gentle whisper. I feel Eunmi snuggle closer into my neck.  *This moment is perfect...almost.* That's when I realized Eunmi's head was resting, there. That god damn scar. Memories began to flood into my head.

~Flashback~

I closed my eyes tightly as they brought the "branding stick" closer and closer to my shoulder. Without, warning the searing hot piece of metal lands onto my shoulder, burning the skin away. "Ahhh!!" I screamed in pain. After what seemed ages they retracted the burning piece of metal. My breathing was heavy as I felt blood trickle down my back. 

"Congrats kid, you're now officially a part of Red Scorpians."

 

~End of Flashback~

I flinched at the thought of those painful memories. I involuntarily reached up to the scar, momentarily forgetting about Eunmi. I feel Eunmi stirr in her sleep. *...*

"Jonghyun? Is there something wro-Ow!" Eunmi winced. I looked down, Eunmi's neckalce had gotten caught on my shirt. I feel Eunmi pull back trying to free her necklace. This caused my shirt to pull down a bit. I see Eunmi's eyes widen. I furrow my eyebrows. I looked down and realized my shirt no longer clothed my shoulder, revealing the large "brand" on my shoulder. Eunmi bows her head down, "Mianhe, I probably saw something I wasn't suppossed to," Eunmi apologized. 

Did I just hear right? No, this was the time where Eunmi's suppossed to kick me out her house for scaring the out of her. 

I blinked for a moment when I realized I wasn't being delusional. "Here, let me help you," I reached my hands up again to un-clasp the necklace. Afterwards, I managed to get the necklace untangled from my shirt. 

"Komawo," I hear Eunmi murmur quietly her head still bowed low.

"You probably wanna hear about that scar, right about now, right?" I ask. 

"If you wanna talk about but, if you don't you don't have to," Eunmi replies back softly.  

"Don't worry, I think it's about time I tell someone," I say reassuringly. "Soo, where do I start?"

"Where did you get the scar?" Eunmi asks. 

"You know how I used to be in a gang?" I ask, Eunmi nods. "Well, when you're not officially in the gang until you're branded." I pull my shirt back down, to show Eunmi the large scar in the shape of a scorpian. I feel Eunmi run her fingers gently across the scar sending shivers down my spine.  

"Mianhe. It must have hurt alot," Eunmi murmurs. "Why? Why would you join a gang, Jonghyun-ah?" Eunmi asks.

"Sometimes, when people are desparate they do stupid things," I chuckle. "I was born an orphan. All the kids would tease me beacuse of the fact that I didn't have parents. I was called worthless, good for nothing, and a waste of air," I continued on, "When I was seventeen I ran into the Red Scorpians, they took me in and treated me right, I felt like I actually fit in. That's when...when, everything changed, by now I had already gotten my brand and was officially apart of the gang. Being in the gang wasn't that bad, I learned to fight that's when they told me they had something, I had to ..." my voice trailed off, "You see there was this house that was near  our rival gang if we got into that house without them knowing we could easily ambush them, all we needed was that house. Well, like any house, someone lived there. Where I came in was they wanted me to clear that house out..."

Eunmi's eyes widened. 

"They wanted me to kill the family, that innocent family," I gritted my teeth. 

"Is that why you left? Because you had to kill an innocent family?"

"No, I left...because I did," Eunmi's eyes widened once more, "I felt so disgusted in myself that I had done such a thing." By now I'd expected Eunmi to scream or slap me across the face, or kick me out of her house. That's when Eunmi did something far from that. Eunmi gave me a hug. "W-what are you d-doing?" I asked shocked. "You should be shouting at me for taking a life! For killing innocent people!"

"You said yourself, Jonghyun, desprate people do stupid things," she says hugging me tighter. 

'Komawo, Eunmi-ah."

 

Author's note:

Sorry about the really boring chapter guys -.- 

But, now we're done and we know everyone's past! yay!!

Please tell me what you think!

Thanks for reading~! 

I'll try to update soon~!!^^ (: