36.

Burning ,Lovely ,Untouchable & Emotional

Mrs. Kang opened the manila folder, pouring the contents onto the table. "They were at Namsam Tower and pak," the man motioned towards the photos of Eunmi and Minhyuk. Mrs. Kang wore a straight face, before looking up at the man. 

"Thank you for your help, Minhwan."

"Not so fast, old woman. We had a deal, remember?" Minhwan smirked. Mrs. Kang raised an eyebrow but, nonetheless pulled out a brief case onto the table. Minhwan grinned. He rapidly opening the brief case, his eyes shining at it's contents. 

"One million won exact." The woman stated, her posture straight and stiff. 

"You must really want your son back, huh?" Minhwan stared at the money that filled the briefcase, taking a bundle into his hand. Mrs. Kang nodded. "And what about the girl?"

"I have no use for her. You can kill her for all I care." Minhwan grinned. 

"She's pretty." He ran his thumb over his lower lip staring at the photos. 

"Like I said, Minhwan, I have no use of her. I just want my son back."

 


 

♦Eunmi POV♦

The next two weeks was a blur, really. I also noticed Jonghyun had been acting...strange. Whenever I talked to him his smiles seemed strained and he tried too hard to laugh. And that was when I was looking directly at him. In my peripheral vision he always looked so sad. Did something happen? This worried me throughout the whole week.  

But, I couldn't say anything. There was something else I needed to address. Jungshin and I's parents's death anniversary. The date was drawing near, even my body knew that. I constantly had nightmares. On those nights I knocked onto Jungshin's door seeking my 'older brother's comfort. 

Except one night. I had woken up with sweat on my forehead and tears in my eyes like I had for so many nights that week. Now, that I think back at it, I don't remember much of that night. I simply wasn't thinking I guess. I climbed up out of my bed. Instead of Jungshin's door, my feet dragged me towards Yonghwa's room. My parent's old bedroom. I knocked on the door. I remember tears spilling from my eyes as I continued to knock upon that door. Until the door opened. Yonghwa wore a surprised face like any normal person would if they found someone crying and knocking at their door at 3 in the morning. "Umma, Appa." That was all I remember mumbling, as if repeating those words would somehow bring them back from death. I then remember Yonghwa's soft, comforting, and warm embrace. I remember his soothing whispers in my ears as he rocked my back and forth. He hummed a sweet tune that soon lulled me back into slumber. The next morning when woke up, I was back in my own bed. When I met eyes with Yonghwa at the dining table during breakfeast, he asked me no questions, he said nothing at all. Instead, he simply gave me comforting smile, as if telling me 'If you need anything at anytime, I'll be there for you, okay?' 

The memory continues to comfort me. 

February 1st. I stared at the calendar for a good while when Jungshin burst into my room. "Are you okay?" he asked, softly. I shook my head, as tears began to blur my vision. Jungshin came up to me engulfing me into a hug. His hug was comforting but, nearly not as comforting as Yonghwa's but it was comforting nonetheless. "We're gonna have a picnic with your's and my parents like we always do, okay?" I nodded slowly still englufed in his embrace. "Do you want to bring Jonghyun, Minhyuk, and Yonghwa along?"

"Of course," I whisper. Jungshin nods, breaking away from the hug. He gives me a reassuring smile before leaving me to get ready for our picnic. It's become a tradition for Jungshin and I to have a picnic with each of our parents on their death anniversary. Though this year would be different. This year we would have guest. And maybe, just maybe it will feel like a real picnic this time. 

I wore a loose, knit, peach colored pull over seater with light wash jeans. My parents were lively people, I doubted they wanted me to wear black whenever I visited them. I came down the stairs to see Jungshin, Jonghyun, Minhyuk, and Yonghwa waiting for me at the door. "Are you ready?" Jungshin asked. I nodded, putting on my shoes. Minhyuk handed me my pea coat. While Yonghwa rapped my favorite red scarf around my neck. He gave me another comforting smile. Jungshin held the picnic basket. 

We boarded the bus towards the cemetary. I sat beside Minhyuk on the bus. "Are you okay?" he asked. 

"I'm fine." I give him a smile. The smile is strained and forced though. Minhyuk's lips curl downwards. 

"You're obviously not okay," he murmurs. He grabs my hand, rubbing his thumb against it. "It's okay to not be okay, Eunmi. We're here for you." He gives me another comforting squeeze before dropping the subject. 

The rest of the bus ride is quiet. Not a single word spoken. 

 

 


as promised, here's a another short update!

here's some really short yonghwa fluff for you all though~

gah you guys prolly hate me by now TT^TT

I might update later though~. 

and uhm. yeahh the begining is in third person pov but

i felt lame putting that at the top so i just put it in italics XD